Shearer's Interview

Delima

His volley against Everton was epic though. :thup:

His volley from a tight angle, whilst running into space, against Villa wasn't too bad either.

My #2 favourite Shearer strike.  Loved how he just stopped and threw his hands up in the air.  F'kn Brilliant.

You can tell even for him it was one of those "f*** it worth a try" that just hits your football perfectly and goes in. Great finish.

If you watch the replay, you can tell he knew exactly what he was doing (meaning that it was about 2% luck/"f*** it, worth a try") and his reaction (as previously stated) isn't of shock, but like it was meant to be. 

Sorry didn't really mean hit and hope in a luck sort of way, I believe he knew exactly what he wanted to do but it was such a difficult shot to attempt and I also think he was probably a little shocked he managed to pull it off. It was immense.

I call that, "The Matty Taylor".  :D  (mind, looks mint when it works)

Guest 3-1 NYD

Here goes:

Once again he forgets his former striking partner Craig Bellamy, the one who helped prolong his own career and eventually break Milburn's record.

Great player, Shite person.

Here goes:

Once again he forgets his former striking partner Craig Bellamy, the one who helped prolong his own career and eventually break Milburn's record.

Great player, s**** person.

Agreed, Bellamy is a cunt, hated in his own country and God's. 

Guest 3-1 NYD

Here goes:

Agreed, Bellamy is a c***, hated in his own country and God's.  

When you get responses like this it really destroys your faith in mankind.And in this board.

Couldn't you provide some kind of reasoned argument fella?

Here goes:

Once again he forgets his former striking partner Craig Bellamy, the one who helped prolong his own career and eventually break Milburn's record.Great player, Shite person.

:rolleyes: Yeah, and I'm sure Shearer playing alongside him hasn't helped Bellamy's game.

Bellamy was no superstar when he signed for us, you know.

Here goes:

Great player, Shite person.

He didn't forget Bellamy. He's also not forgetting Chris Sutton and Mike Newell. He was just being honest when he said the best partner he's had at Newcastle was Les Ferdinand. Now are you saying him and Les weren't potent as a partnership?

Don't overanalyze everything he says. He's not having a dig at Bellamy.

Guest 3-1 NYD

I wouldn't argue with that son, its just that Bellamy's been expunged from the Shearer memory bank which I think is shameful. After all. he did Shearer's running for him for a few years. That said I saw Bellamy have a shocker last wednesday against Chelsea. I also saw Shearer have a few shockers too

Let the haters hate I guess... if they can't apreciate it then let them wait for the next player to score an average of more than 20 goals a season over ten years for the club.

Here goes:

When you get responses like this it really destroys your faith in mankind.And in this board.

Funny, I thought the same thing about what you posted before I posted my witty rhetoric.  Guess I just beat you to it, huh? 

This thread was fine before you decided to have a go at killing it. 

Guest 3-1 NYD

Here goes:

He didn't forget Bellamy. He's also not forgetting Chris Sutton and Mike Newell. He was just being honest when he said the best partner he's had at Newcastle was Les Ferdinand. Now are you saying him and Les weren't potent as a partnership?

He's never praised Bellamy thats my point. And as potent a strikeforce he was with Sir Les, for me, he could'nt wait to fly solo. He wanted to be #1 which he succeeded in doing but there was some 'wreckage in the ravine' shall we say?

He isn't asked about Bellamy. He has no obligation to mention Bellamy whatsoever. He spent a relatively small section of his entire CAREER playing next to Bellamy. Mental.

and he doesn't like Bellamy which is fair enough as its widely reported he is a little c*nt!

He isn't asked about Bellamy. He has no obligation to mention Bellamy whatsoever. He spent a relatively small section of his entire CAREER playing next to Bellamy. Mental.

I suppose that this should have been my response, thanks Dave. 

Guest 3-1 NYD

Here goes:

Funny, I thought the same thing about what you posted before I posted my witty rhetoric.  Guess I just beat you to it, huh? 

This thread was fine before you decided to have a go at killing it. 

Witty rhetoric? Aye right.

Here goes:

He's never praised Bellamy thats my point. And as potent a strikeforce he was with Sir Les, for me, he could'nt wait to fly solo. He wanted to be #1 which he succeeded in doing but there was some 'wreckage in the ravine' shall we say?

He praised Bellamy plenty of times. It was he who actually came out with the 'does my running' comment in the first place. Still got no relevance here.

Guest 3-1 NYD

'kin ell, its like the Alamo here. OK Lets forget Bellamy (though NOT that night in Rotterdam eh lads?) and remember Duncan Ferguson shall we. Has he ever been praised by the object of your desire? After all you colud argue that he was just as important as all Shearer's other partners*

'kin ell, its like the Alamo here. OK Lets forget Bellamy (though NOT that night in Rotterdam eh lads?) and remember Duncan Ferguson shall we. Hs he ever been praised by the object of your desire?

Why not praise Shearer in a Shearer thread instead of trying to kick off about Bellamy?

Guest 3-1 NYD

Read the thread divvy! I'm kicking off about Duncan Ferguson now.

You just can't get the staff these days.

'kin ell, its like the Alamo here. OK Lets forget Bellamy (though NOT that night in Rotterdam eh lads?) and remember Duncan Ferguson shall we. Has he ever been praised by the object of your desire? After all you colud argue that he was just as important as all Shearer's other partners*

How would Ferguson an important partner for Shearer? They barely played together, if you consider Shearer's whole career. You shouldn't forget that he started playing football professionally at 17 and ended at 35(?), he had a lot of partnerships with a lot of different players. I'm sure when he says Ferdinand was his best partner, he's not meaning to devalue the other partnerships that he had, even the one that won him the league title at Blackburn (with Sutton).

Look mate, when Sutton himself says something like Henrik Larsson is the best player he's ever played with, he's not having a dig at his partnership with Shearer. This applies to when Shearer is saying his best partnership was with Les Ferdinand.

Jesus Christ.

There is NO NEED for him to mention Bellamy.  His favourite strike partner was Les Ferdinand.  Is that so hard to take in?

What do you want, an entire essay sized answer about every single person he's ever played alongside just so he can talk about Craig Bellamy? :jesuswept:

Wind your neck in.