Barnes, Sol Campbell, Sidwell, Thuram and Diakhate

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thuram still looked a good defender against Liverpool imo, despite not being as quick as he used to be. And that was with Bellamy playing, someone who always works defenders. Still looked miles better than what we have.

Laurent Blanc took a while to adapt at ManU when he came here in his mid 30s (35 or 36 iirc), first looked shiite but then ended up being a class act and an important wise head at the back. Thuram is more athletically built than Blanc, and therefore you would think should have less problems as hes always been suited to a more physical and action packed type of game.

Should be a great short term addition, and as Apisith says, his experience would be a big asset when we have several inexperienced or young centrebacks in the squad.

After a quick read-up on Diakhate, seems as though he must be fairly highly rated - Bayern, Lyon, Juve, Shalke, etc - all after him alledgedly.

Was that on Wiki?

If so, I bet his father,mother or agent wrote it.

After a quick read-up on Diakhate, seems as though he must be fairly highly rated - Bayern, Lyon, Juve, Shalke, etc - all after him alledgedly.

Was that on Wiki?

If so, I bet his father,mother or agent wrote it.

Aye, was just Wikipedia...

But Lyon have been after him for a while, anyway.

After a quick read-up on Diakhate, seems as though he must be fairly highly rated - Bayern, Lyon, Juve, Shalke, etc - all after him alledgedly. He's 22, is 6 foot 2 and a full Senegalese international. Also, he was in Ligue 1's team of the season last year; and he must have kept up his form, having clocked up 37 appearances for Nancy this term - more than anyone else in the squad.

Hope the Bordeaux-Nancy scouting mission was fruitful!

As I mentioned on TT, a friend of mine is in the agency business and told me about Diakhate on Wednesday. They have him as a new client and had been in contact with NUFC. Must have been during that very trip to Bdx.

used to be

still is

Thuram/Campbell.. they arent Roeder signings they are Big Sam signings.

Good call........Roeder likes to sign guys like Repka & Gooch for defence.

;D ;D

Allyrdace will make Thuram and Campbell play until they are 38 imo

Redknapp rejects Campbell rumours 

Redknapp has laughed off speculation

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has scoffed at speculation linking Sol Campbell and David James with summer moves away from Fratton Park.

Newcastle are said to be keen on former England defender Campbell, 32, who joined Pompey last summer.

Redknapp told the Portsmouth News: "Newcastle haven't got a prayer of having Sol, they spoke to him last summer but we got him."

Middlesbrough are reported to be eyeing England international goalkeeper James.

Redknapp also joked: "I think I'll let David James go so we can be in a relegation battle next season."

Redknapp snapped both Campbell and James, 36, up on free transfers at the start of the season and the pair have been instrumental in shaping what promises to be Pompey's best Premiership finish.

Campbell is tied to Portsmouth until summer 2008 but could begin talks on a one-year extension soon.