Players unhappy with Roeder...

Guest Ridzuan

Gejon & Greg

Like I said depending on your mindset you will arrive at these conclusions.

People with a brain and not on medication will probably say, we played Sheff Utd less than 48 hrs after beating the team to top of Serie A and we were tired etc.

People may also look at games like the Yorkshire Mutant one were we somehow lost 1-0 but should have easily came away with 3 points.

At the end of the day with 3 games left we could still sneak into Europe despite the worst injury crisis in the clubs history, that speaks for itself.

You can ignore all the relevant points and be as suicidal you like, like I say it all depends on your midset.

Dave

Stick to being a Cyber traffic warden and leave the football to the adults eh?

No it doesnt and you still havent answered the question from yesterday, the reason why is blatantly obvious  :coolsmiley:

As others have said we have played our best football at the peak of this injury crisis! When Roeder has had decisions to make he has f***** it up! He plays Carr whenever he is fit and his first choice central midfield pairing is Parker and Emre with Emre playing the holding role FFS!

Palermo obviously had a decent start to the season but having not been able to hold onto the lead has shown that they werent that great in what has been a severely weakend league this year

Whilst 48hrs is a short time between games, its too easy an excuse and when we are dealing with professional athletes, I find that one hard to accept

what people don't understand from remarks like this, isn't the fact that the players are tired as such because they are not, the point is that the other team is far MORE fresh  and at this level of football, that is and is often proven to be significant.

Neurotic Online posters need the people and other such media sources to construct such a compelling case against Roeder, now that their 7th and relegated media misconception hasn't come up trumps for them 

I dont agree with some of your points in this thread, but I love your wording in that post.

I think what frustrates me and what worries me about Roeders ability as a manager is that whenever we have had a good result (whether it be lucky or not), we never seem to be able to carry any confidence that we gain from the result, on to the next game.

We put in a decent performance against Chelsea and got a good confidence boosting result. It will be interesting to see how much that affects the performance tomorrow night....

I think what frustrates me and what worries me about Roeders ability as a manager is that whenever we have had a good result (whether it be lucky or not), we never seem to be able to carry any confidence that we gain from the result, on to the next game.

We put in a decent performance against Chelsea and got a good confidence boosting result. It will be interesting to see how much that affects the performance tomorrow night....

On the other hand, the amount of times we have fought back from being down, or winning a game where we have been 2nd best says a lot for the motivation and spirit.

I think the reason for the low performances, and the inconsistency, is more to do with a lack of quality to be honest.

what people don't understand from remarks like this, isn't the fact that the players are tired as such because they are not, the point is that the other team is far MORE fresh  and at this level of football, that is and is often proven to be significant.

Total bollocks, 2002-03.

Champions League before a Premiership game.

Zeljeznicar away -----------> beat West Ham 4-0 at home

Zeljeznicar home-----------> draw 2-2 away to Liverpool

Dynamo Kiev away---------> beat the mackems 2-0 at home

Feyenoord home ----------> beat Birmingham away 2-0

Juventus away ------------> beat WBA 2-1 ay home

Juventus home ------------> beat Charlton at home 2-1

Dynamo Kiev home--------> beat Boro 2-0 at home

Feyenoord away-----------> beat Southampton 2-1 at home

Inter Milan home-----------> beat Everton 2-1 at home

Barcelona away------------> drew 1-1 away to Southampton

Bayer Leverkusen away---> beat Leeds away 3-0

Bayer Leverkusen home---> beat Chesea 2-1 at home

Inter Milan away-----------> beat Charlton 2-0 away         

Barcelona away------------> beat Blackburn 5-1 at home.

Guest Nappy Rash

Mick thats not the norm though and it isnt less than 48 hrs after a game.

Some of those games we were so lucky aswell, Owen could have had 10 for Liverpool in that 2-2 draw then we nearly won it with a Shearer header at the end.

Birmingham was Shola's shinner I do believe.

Was West Brom the 6 second one where Shearer got a free kick when the keeper was adjudged to have held on to the ball too long?

Boro must have been when Maccarone hit the post and we somehow won with even Caldwell notching

Happy days them mind, the energy in our team was fantastic, I think the Blackburn game was 1-1 or 2-1 going into the lawst couple of minutes aswell.

But again, its not the norm and definitely not within 48 hrs of those games  :lol:

Look for some quotes from Benitez in particular about what takes 48 hrs to happen after a game  :coolsmiley:

Total bollocks, 2002-03.

Champions League before a Premiership game.

Zeljeznicar away -----------> beat West Ham 4-0 at home

Zeljeznicar home-----------> draw 2-2 away to Liverpool

Dynamo Kiev away---------> beat the mackems 2-0 at home

Feyenoord home ----------> beat Birmingham away 2-0

Juventus away ------------> beat WBA 2-1 ay home

Juventus home ------------> beat Charlton at home 2-1

Dynamo Kiev home--------> beat Boro 2-0 at home

Feyenoord away-----------> beat Southampton 2-1 at home

Inter Milan home-----------> beat Everton 2-1 at home

Barcelona away------------> drew 1-1 away to Southampton

Bayer Leverkusen away---> beat Leeds away 3-0

Bayer Leverkusen home---> beat Chesea 2-1 at home

Inter Milan away-----------> beat Charlton 2-0 away           

Barcelona away------------> beat Blackburn 5-1 at home.

did well under the circumstances then. The previous poster was referring to the fact that we played a league game less than 48 hours after playing abroad. You should read the post more carefully.

Would you like me to repost those league positions between 1964 and 1992 again for you, so you can see what bollocks you spout when you say they are "just the same" as those since ?

exactly, bit it won't let him ruin a rare chance for him to think he can score points over me - shame he was so desperate to do it he didn't read the post properly.

Some of those games we were so lucky aswell, Owen could have had 10 for Liverpool in that 2-2 draw then we nearly won it with a Shearer header at the end.

Birmingham was Shola's shinner I do believe.

Was West Brom the 6 second one where Shearer got a free kick when the keeper was adjudged to have held on to the ball too long?

Boro must have been when Maccarone hit the post and we somehow won with even Caldwell notching

Happy days them mind, the energy in our team was fantastic, I think the Blackburn game was 1-1 or 2-1 going into the lawst couple of minutes aswell.

But again, its not the norm and definitely not within 48 hrs of those games  :lol:

Look for some quotes from Benitez in particular about what takes 48 hrs to happen after a game  :coolsmiley:

Sheffield United offered to put the game back and we didn't take them up on it, its self inflicted.

Most of the league games after the European games were 3 days later.

Guest Nappy Rash

Sheffield United offered to put the game back and we didn't take them up on it, its self inflicted.

Totally irrelevant.

Most of the league games after the European games were 3 days later.

Exactly

exactly, bit it won't let him ruin a rare chance for him to think he can score points over me - shame he was so desperate to do it he didn't read the post properly.

Hold on a minute, you said they weren't tired.

Hold on a minute, you said they weren't tired.

not quite

Guest Nappy Rash

We could have played 15 games in 5 days it makes not a blind bit of difference, I suggest you read the thread and the points.

Guest redmayne

In 2001 we played 3 games in 6 days and won the last 2, the last of those 3 games was away to Arsenal and we won 3-1.

i was at that game and left a few minutes early as i was in the arse end and wanted to get out

i missed the last two goals and thought it was a draw till i got off the tube

what a tit i felt that day..... but 3-1 was definitely flattering..

did well under the circumstances then. The previous poster was referring to the fact that we played a league game less than 48 hours after playing abroad. You should read the post more carefully.

Would you like me to repost those league positions between 1964 and 1992 again for you, so you can see what bollocks you spout when you say they are "just the same" as those since ?

Post them if you think they have anything to do with the thread, no doubt it will be copy and paste..

We could have played 15 games in 5 days it makes not a blind bit of difference, I suggest you read the thread and the points.

The point is that the players were supposed to be tired after playing less than 48 hours earlier, I guess.

We've done it plenty of times and won, it used to be normal at holiday periods, we've also done it and lost.

i was at that game and left a few minutes early as i was in the arse end and wanted to get out

Flattering or not, the players didn't roll over and nobody moaned about being tired.

Guest redmayne

Flattering or not, the players didn't roll over and nobody moaned about being tired.

no that is very true in all fairness they kept going at least.

still pisses me off i left early - i think it was becasue we hadn't won on our last 19 visits or something stupid to london at the time....

typical....

Had the Sheff Utd result been totally out of character and been the only one against what we woudl class "lesser" opposition then maybe the exucse could hold some water.

As it was one in a line of poor result against nothing teams, then the tiredness thing cant be used.... unless they were tired for alternative reasons in the other games against Fulham, Man City, Charlton, Middlesbrough etc etc

Had the Sheff Utd result been totally out of character and been the only one against what we woudl class "lesser" opposition then maybe the exucse could hold some water.

As it was one in a line of poor result against nothing teams, then the tiredness thing cant be used.... unless they were tired for alternative reasons in the other games against Fulham, Man City, Charlton, Middlesbrough etc etc

There are other factors we tend to have a worse time against holding teams (those quoted above) because we lack creativity in certain areas. We have been overperforming against the better sides cause the come at us/it is simpler for us to defend in groups and break out. Also often professional players will raise their game against clearly perceived superior sides....That's football.

1 win out of 8?

Brilliant.

Two draws with Arsenal depsite our injuries.

An away defeat which he got totally wrong and a battling home draw with Man Ure.

Narrow defeat to Chelsea and a well deserved draw.

Defeat and Win to Champions League semi finalist.

All against Top Class Managers, with top class tactical knowledge, all attained with horrendous injury problems.

One game in which the Manager got things wrong.

Like I said, look at it any way you want, it depends on your mindset, Im not a manic depressive, I dont have prescription drugs to stop me committing suicide, I dont let hate or bitterness rule me out of reasoned thought.

Better than we normally do against the top 4 aswell  :coolsmiley:

Wasnt that a few year ago when teams like that dreaded coming to st james' park or infact for any other team. Just look when we went down to arsenal and won 3-1. We ended up top of the league that night  ;D Boy those days didnt last long.

All those results prove is that Roeder is not capable of motivating his players against lesser teams. Home defeats to Fulham, Sheffield United and Manchester City show that.

1 win out of 8?

Brilliant.

Two draws with Arsenal depsite our injuries.

An away defeat which he got totally wrong and a battling home draw with Man Ure.

Narrow defeat to Chelsea and a well deserved draw.

Defeat and Win to Champions League semi finalist.

All against Top Class Managers, with top class tactical knowledge, all attained with horrendous injury problems.

One game in which the Manager got things wrong.

Like I said, look at it any way you want, it depends on your mindset, Im not a manic depressive, I dont have prescription drugs to stop me committing suicide, I dont let hate or bitterness rule me out of reasoned thought.

Better than we normally do against the top 4 aswell  :coolsmiley:

Wasnt that a few year ago when teams like that dreaded coming to st james' park or infact for any other team. Just look when we went down to arsenal and won 3-1. We ended up top of the league that night  ;D Boy those days didnt last long.

All those results prove is that Roeder is not capable of motivating his players against lesser teams. Home defeats to Fulham, Sheffield United and Manchester City show that.

Happy days. The sight of those Arsenal players whinging their tits off after the whistle had gone (wasnt it henry that kept having a go at the Graham Poll) will last long in the memory

Guest Nappy Rash

Does you being called Nappy Rash have anything to do with you being an arse wipe?

More to do with what I see when wiping the arses of ill informed, window lickers, metaphorically speaking of course  :coolsmiley: