Berbatov will be at Chelsea next year

KaKa

I think Jol's(the poster) is right tbh. I honestly hand on heart feel the board will reject any offers under 30 million from any club. Berbatov is absolutly irreplaceable to a club like ours and besides it bloody Chelsea were talking about here so were bound to ask for something ridiculous.

You cant be serious, £30m!!!! fucking hell Drogba aint even worth that. If an offer came in for £20m Spurs would probably take it.

The last I heard (very recently too) is that there is abolutely no prospect of Berbs going anywhere this summer, Spurs don't want it and, more importantly, Berbs doesn't want it too.  It shouldn't be forgotten that Man Utd made a late bid for him a couple of days before he signed for us.  Berbs said then that he had decided what to do, the decision was made and he wasn't going to change it.

More importantly, there is no pressure for Spurs to sell like there was with Carrick.  Carrick had 2 years remaining and had said he wouldn't sign another, Berbs is only 1 year into a 3 year contract with an option for a further 2 years in the same way they had with Keane.  So Spurs effectively have still got him under contract for another 4 years.  Unless Berbs has a serious change of heart and starts making all the wrong noises, I don't think he will go anywhere for at least 1 year, probably 2.  Depends very much also on how the club fares in that time but I'm not concerned about the speculation.

Berbs?!  He'll probably leave cos of his rubbish nickname  :lol:

The last I heard (very recently too) is that there is abolutely no prospect of Berbs going anywhere this summer, Spurs don't want it and, more importantly, Berbs doesn't want it too.  It shouldn't be forgotten that Man Utd made a late bid for him a couple of days before he signed for us.  Berbs said then that he had decided what to do, the decision was made and he wasn't going to change it.

More importantly, there is no pressure for Spurs to sell like there was with Carrick.  Carrick had 2 years remaining and had said he wouldn't sign another, Berbs is only 1 year into a 3 year contract with an option for a further 2 years in the same way they had with Keane.  So Spurs effectively have still got him under contract for another 4 years.  Unless Berbs has a serious change of heart and starts making all the wrong noises, I don't think he will go anywhere for at least 1 year, probably 2.  Depends very much also on how the club fares in that time but I'm not concerned about the speculation.

Berbs?!  He'll probably leave cos of his rubbish nickname  :lol:

:lol:

1-2 months ago Berbatov manager Emil Danchev said that its almost certain that he will stay at Tottenham next season.The reasons-Tottenham invested alot of money on him and dont want to lose him so quickly,they want to build strong team around him.

That was 2 months ago.

Now the situation maybe is starting to change.I say maybe

Berbatov is playing better and better every game and he is catching the eye of Man Utd and Chelsea

Some time ago he said that he would prefer to join Man Utd rather then Chelsea.I also think thats what he will do if its between one of the teams above that wants to sign him.His style of play suits him perfectly at Man Utd.

Tottenham are saying that they rejected an offer around 25m but i doubt it that if any serious offer comes in the summer for him Tottenham would have the power to reject it

1-2 months ago Berbatov manager Emil Danchev said that its almost certain that he will stay at Tottenham next season.The reasons-Tottenham invested alot of money on him and dont want to lose him so quickly,they want to build strong team around him.

That was 2 months ago.

Berbatov is playing better and better every game and he is catching the eye of Man Utd and Chelsea

Some time ago he said that he would prefer to join Man Utd rather then Chelsea.I also think thats what he will do if its between one of the teams above that wants to sign him.His style of play suits him perfectly at Man Utd.

Tottenham are saying that they rejected an offer around 25m but i doubt it that if any serious offer comes in the summer for him Tottenham would have the power to reject it

A couple of days before Berbatov signed for Spurs there was a late bid from Man Utd to hijack the deal and that was widely reported in the media.  He opted to make the move to Spurs with the ITV website saying:

Now we all know that football is about money these days, but as Berbatov showed by turning down a move to Manchester United in the summer, it is also about quality of footballing life.

Playing week-in and week-out is the only way a player is going to be able to prove himself to the team and to the fans, and that is what Berbatov has been allowed to do.

It's correct to say Berbatov has said he would prefer for Man Utd ahead of Chelsea, but he then did go on to say that Chelsea's style of play wouldn't suit him at all.  He has effectively said to Spurs that he wants to see further progression, so do we all.  All the indications are that he is not seeking a move this summer and Spurs are under no pressure to sell him, he is under a long contract and Spurs are currently awash with money having declared a profit of £20m for the last 6 months in the interim accounts.  Mansion and Puma have both said they would be disappointed to see any high profile sales and their sponsorship is worth £13.5m each year.  Spurs wouldn't want to upset one of their main sources of income.

In short, Spurs don't want to sell him, Berbatov is happy to stay and Spurs would upset fans and sponsors alike if they sold him.  That's why I believe there is no prospect of him being sold no matter what bid is made for him.

That was 2 months ago.

A couple of days before Berbatov signed for Spurs there was a late bid from Man Utd to hijack the deal and that was widely reported in the media.  He opted to make the move to Spurs with the ITV website saying:

Now we all know that football is about money these days, but as Berbatov showed by turning down a move to Manchester United in the summer, it is also about quality of footballing life.

Playing week-in and week-out is the only way a player is going to be able to prove himself to the team and to the fans, and that is what Berbatov has been allowed to do.

It's correct to say Berbatov has said he would prefer for Man Utd ahead of Chelsea, but he then did go on to say that Chelsea's style of play wouldn't suit him at all.  He has effectively said to Spurs that he wants to see further progression, so do we all.  All the indications are that he is not seeking a move this summer and Spurs are under no pressure to sell him, he is under a long contract and Spurs are currently awash with money having declared a profit of £20m for the last 6 months in the interim accounts.  Mansion and Puma have both said they would be disappointed to see any high profile sales and their sponsorship is worth £13.5m each year.  Spurs wouldn't want to upset one of their main sources of income.

In short, Spurs don't want to sell him, Berbatov is happy to stay and Spurs would upset fans and sponsors alike if they sold him.  That's why I believe there is no prospect of him being sold no matter what bid is made for him.

You are more aware of the situation at Spurs so you are probably right

Still think that the only 2 ways Berbatov will leave is if Chelsea/Man Utd made some lunatic bids for him above 25m or if he jumps at the chance to play for one of the biggest,richest,famous clubs in the world.If he joins Chelsea or Man Utd he will be playing with the best players in the world and the Champions of England.Thats pretty strong reasons if you ask me