We don't need strikers...

Guest Knightrider

I think with 4 good buys (that means good players in the right positions) we can get to the top of the pack that is outside of the top 4. We need a bit more I think to break back into the top 4.

Agree. I am sticking to 3/4 good quality players maybe one of them top notch because I simply don't think we are in the situation to totally re-vamp.

If Owen had played all season we could have added 12 points to the current total this year imo.

Pretty much agree with that, although 12 points may be pushing it a bit.

You dont agree that Roeder is incompetent and clueless manager???

HTL at his best again

Keep up the genius comments pretty :thup: :thup:

Which of course everyone knows isn't what you posted the first time, dimwit.

But its related to what i posted before pretty

Against Reading up front we had Martins and Owen and our attacking power was non existent

Im sure that against Blackburn and Watford it will be the same scenario

Roeder is just incompetent and he cant get the best out of the players no matter who they are(Bramble or Terry)

(Ameobi or Drogba),(Emre or Gerard)...

Didnt you understand that the manager is the most important thing when it comes to how successful some club is going to be?

Ah,forgot...You are 13 years old...go play with your LEGO and come back after 5-6 years when you have realized this

mackems.gif

What a genius comment

Keep it up pretty :thup: :thup:

:sleepy4:

NUFC06/HTL, can you take your bickering to PM please.

I'm not bickering, Dave. I'm being stalked.......

Ignore him then. Or send him some abusive PMs. Your choice. :razz:

As if I would abuse anybody. What an absurd suggestion. ;)

As I would abuse anybody. What an absurd suggestion. ;)

Indeed. :lol:

So Shepherd isn't the one who agrees a few for the players? My mistake!

If its all about strikers and holding the ball up in midfield how comes Chelsea are going to lose the title and have been knocked out of the champions league when they have the best striker in the league, the best holding midfielder and one of it not the best midfield in the league to go with it? Now if they missed a quality centre back which resulted in a slump I could understand it....Oh wait!....

oh dear.

You are talking different levels of the game for starters. Poor old Chelsea, runners up in the league, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists, and european cup semi finalists.

The manager judges the player. He says to his chairman "this player is worth the fee that is being asked". The chairman goes to his board with a recommendation from the manager. The club have the money. The club backs their managers judgement, if they have the money, if they don't, its hard lines.

I have said this so many times. This is how it works.

If the board have the money, and don;t back their manager and his judgement and recommendations, they are a s**** board.

I'm not explaining this again. Clearly Jon you will never understand. There is little hope for you.

You didnt answer the second part of the question...

Btw im surprised that you dont think that defenders are as important as strikers.

You said that you support Newcastle long time ago.Can you tell me then why did we lose the title in 95/96 season,also under SBR we were close too.Why?

Under KK we had great team,great strikers,great midfielders,and....average/poor defence.

Under SBR it was the same.We had Woodgate who was playing with clowns like Dabizas,O'Brien,Hughes...

Its strange that you still cant understand that the strong defence wins you things.Thats not my words.Sir Alex Ferguson said that long time ago=Good defenders wins you trophies

we came 2nd in the league. We conceded less than a goal a game.

Everton won the FA Cup in 1995 yet conceded 4 more goals than we did in the league. How do you explain this ? And its only one example.

There are numerous reasons why NUFC didn't win the league that year, but it was not down to having a "bad" defence. We did come 2nd because we had a great attack. Please tell me when we last had an attack like this and finished 2nd [repeated the following year after a more defensive minded manager took over], and then the following year with the same manager, dived down the league and finished 13th, yet conceded more goals ?  Why was this ?

I'm not repeating this again to you. In my opinion, based on watching the club and evaluating the players, the performance of the team is very weak from an attacking point of view. We have conceded possession in forward positions and been put under pressure too often as a consequence. This must improve - a lot - if we are to move up the league.

Dont you consider the chance that we are weak from an attacking point of view not because we dont have the quality players but because our manager is too incompetent for this kind of job?

mackems.gif

You dont agree that Roeder is incompetent and clueless manager???

HTL at his best again

Keep up the genius comments pretty :thup: :thup:

Which of course everyone knows isn't what you posted the first time, dimwit.

But its related to what i posted before pretty

Against Reading up front we had Martins and Owen and our attacking power was non existent

Im sure that against Blackburn and Watford it will be the same scenario

Roeder is just incompetent and he cant get the best out of the players no matter who they are(Bramble or Terry)

(Ameobi or Drogba),(Emre or Gerard)...

Didnt you understand that the manager is the most important thing when it comes to how successful some club is going to be?

Ah,forgot...You are 13 years old...go play with your LEGO and come back after 5-6 years when you have realized this

mackems.gif

What a genius comment

Keep it up pretty :thup: :thup:

what are you calling him pretty for  :hom:

If its all about strikers and holding the ball up in midfield how comes Chelsea are going to lose the title and have been knocked out of the champions league when they have the best striker in the league, the best holding midfielder and one of it not the best midfield in the league to go with it? Now if they missed a quality centre back which resulted in a slump I could understand it....Oh wait!....

oh dear.

You are talking different levels of the game for starters. Poor old Chelsea, runners up in the league, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists, and european cup semi finalists.

The manager judges the player. He says to his chairman "this player is worth the fee that is being asked". The chairman goes to his board with a recommendation from the manager. The club have the money. The club backs their managers judgement, if they have the money, if they don't, its hard lines.

If the board have the money, and don;t back their manager and his judgement and recommendations, they are a s**** board.

I'm not explaining this again. Clearly Jon you will never understand. There is little hope for you.

Btw im surprised that you dont think that defenders are as important as strikers.

You said that you support Newcastle long time ago.Can you tell me then why did we lose the title in 95/96 season,also under SBR we were close too.Why?

Under KK we had great team,great strikers,great midfielders,and....average/poor defence.

Under SBR it was the same.We had Woodgate who was playing with clowns like Dabizas,O'Brien,Hughes...

Its strange that you still cant understand that the strong defence wins you things.Thats not my words.Sir Alex Ferguson said that long time ago=Good defenders wins you trophies

Everton won the FA Cup in 1995 yet conceded 4 more goals than we did in the league. How do you explain this ? And its only one example.

There are numerous reasons why NUFC didn't win the league that year, but it was not down to having a "bad" defence. We did come 2nd because we had a great attack. Please tell me when we last had an attack like this and finished 2nd [repeated the following year after a more defensive minded manager took over], and then the following year with the same manager, dived down the league and finished 13th, yet conceded more goals ?  Why was this ?

I'm not repeating this again to you. In my opinion, based on watching the club and evaluating the players, the performance of the team is very weak from an attacking point of view. We have conceded possession in forward positions and been put under pressure too often as a consequence. This must improve - a lot - if we are to move up the league.

Dont you consider the chance that we are weak from an attacking point of view not because we dont have the quality players but because our manager is too incompetent for this kind of job?

mackems.gif

Its sad that someone old enough and intelligent as you to think only this as a response

I had better opinion about you as far as knowledge is concern

I guess i was wrong

oh dear.

mackems.gif

Its sad that someone old enough and intelligent as you to think only this as a response

I guess i was wrong

oh, I could carry on trying to talk some sense into you longer, but I really don't have the time.

Sorry like. You disagree with me, so we would just be going round in circles.

I don't think Roeder is up to the job as a top manager, but I also don't think that we have enough quality up front, or choices, to move up the league, whoever the manager is.

oh dear.

mackems.gif

I guess i was wrong

oh, I could carry on trying to talk some sense into you longer, but I really don't have the time.

Sorry like. You disagree with me, so we would just be going round in circles.

I don't think Roeder is up to the job as a top manager, but I also don't think that we have enough quality up front, or choices, to move up the league, whoever the manager is.

Fair enough

Guest NUFC4

Would like Landon Donovan here. Still young, an attacking midfielder/centre foward. Rob Lee-ish

ahhhhh hahahahahaha you must be on crack...or didn't watch a bit of the world cup. i live in the US..the only place that whinny cunt can survive and score a goal or two

Would like Landon Donovan here. Still young, an attacking midfielder/centre foward. Rob Lee-ish

ahhhhh hahahahahaha you must be on crack...or didn't watch a bit of the world cup. i live in the US..the only place that whinny cunt can survive and score a goal or two

The only place?? You clearly haven't seen much scottish football. ;)