We don't need strikers...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Ridzuan

epl is a bigger stage to do it on and also a 20k a week pay rise

Of course it is.But Im talking about joining us not EPL.We have nothing much to offer him in terms of winning trophies.

Guest SLK

Of course it is.But Im talking about joining us not EPL.We have nothing much to offer him in terms of winning trophies.

He could also win trophies in the J-League but he still prefered to come and play his trade in Europe...Newcastle is definitely more attractive than Celtic regardless of them playing in the C.L. every year...We can also pay him more...As well as give him the chance to play against some of the best players in the world when playing the top 4 teams...

Guest Ridzuan

He could also win trophies in the J-League but he still prefered to come and play his trade in Europe...Newcastle is definitely more attractive than Celtic regardless of them playing in the C.L. every year...We can also pay him more...As well as give him the chance to play against some of the best players in the world when playing the top 4 teams...

If let say he is up for grabs,I think there will be other top teams not just in the EPL but others around Europe as well who will be very interested in signing him.Therefore,I doubt any move for him will go through.

Guest SLK

If let say he is up for grabs,I think there will be other top teams not just in the EPL but others around Europe as well who will be very interested in signing him.Therefore,I doubt any move for him will go through.

We don't know do we...Until we try...

Guest Ridzuan

We don't know do we...Until we try...

Of course we can try,Im just saying it will unlikely happen thats all..

Sorry for my bad english.

Neither Reading or Bolton have a playmaker, but they go for the 5th place. We need a good manager instead of a playmaker.

Reading don't have a technically gifted playmaker but in Sidwell they do have a player who does drive the team forward.................. but only for the rest of this season.  Newcastle should be ok next season (with luck).

Van der Vaart or Sneijder, as much as I dislike their club, would be good options..

Very good players indeed

I would be over the moon if we can get one of them

I dont think Roeder is that clever to go after them though

Sidwell is better apparently

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Diego is shit hot property at the moment, SHIT HOT. We will never get him. But he is a playmaker, I think a lot of people don't actually know what a playmaker is.

Diego is shit hot property at the moment, SHIT HOT. We will never get him. But he is a playmaker, I think a lot of people don't actually know what a playmaker is.

Scott Parker.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Weder Bremen, he's in excellent form and scored a great goal from inside his own half recently

I was struggling to think of any attainable ones.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

before we get a playmaker we need our players to actually move off the ball and make runs so a playmaker could pass to them; Glenn Roeder is too shit to coach this into the side and we only have maybe 3/4 players max who can do it themselves. At the moment I find our movement disturbing it is at times none existant.

Given

Solano        Taylor      Exp CD      Exp LB

Butt

ACM

Milner                                          Duff

Martins

Owen

Exp CD= Sol Campbell

Exp LB= Wayne Bridge

ACM= Cahill, Nolan, Barton

and thats forgetting about squad players. Roeders not up to these type of transfers IMO.

Been saying this for years now. We simply have noone to pull the strings in the middle of the pitch and provide genuine creativity - Dyer doesnt know the meaning of it, whilst Emre is inconsistent, regularly injured, and plays too deep anyway.

Beardley has never been replaced. Weve had absolutely noone consistently creative in the middle since him - Rob Lee, Speed, Bellamy, Dyer, Jenas, Parker, Emre - most of them good players in their own right, but none of them with the required attacking presence of those playing for the top sides.

Even if we sort out the defence, which we do need to do, we're still going to need to add some spark in the team further up the pitch at some point to progress.

Could be this, or

---------------------Given

Nobby-------Taylor--------CB-------LB

Milner-------Parker-----Sidwell-----Duff

-------------Owen-------Martins

BENCH

Harper

CB

Emre

Butt

Shola

Parker, Sidwell and Duff.. i can sense the immense creativity.. can't wait for next season :|

the thing is even if we sign fucking Lionel Messi, we'll still be shit, cause Roeder doesn't have a clue on how we should keep possession and attack..

wait wait, i've got it........................nakamura from celtic. honestly, from what i've seen he would be a good signing for us and would not cost too much either. can get free kicks on target aswell. what you think?

Don't overrate Nakamura too much based on just his CL heroics. He's hands down the best deadballer in Asia (possibly in the top five globally)yes, but it's questionable whether he has the ability to be a playmaker on the top level. There's a reason Celtic chooses to play him on the wing and not down the middle.

Yes, he plays central midfielder for his national team, but that comes down more to how **** other Japanese midfielders are.

It's just sad if we're starting to think that Nakamura is "too good for us."

Been saying this for years now. We simply have noone to pull the strings in the middle of the pitch and provide genuine creativity - Dyer doesnt know the meaning of it, whilst Emre is inconsistent, regularly injured, and plays too deep anyway.

Beardley has never been replaced. Weve had absolutely noone consistently creative in the middle since him - Rob Lee, Speed, Bellamy, Dyer, Jenas, Parker, Emre - most of them good players in their own right, but none of them with the required attacking presence of those playing for the top sides.

Even if we sort out the defence, which we do need to do, we're still going to need to add some spark in the team further up the pitch at some point to progress.

mackems.gif