When A Picture Paints A Thousand Words ....

Crumpy Gunt

This isn't the first time this season that our coaching staff has been caught in a "well what the fuck do we do now?" pose by TV cameras.  Roeder looks like that every time they turn a camera on him ffs.  Even when they catch him in his best "I'm Arsene Wenger.  I'm a French speccy genius only I've got a cockney accent.  Look pensive.  That's it.  I'm the thinker." pose, there's still nothing going on behind his eyes.

Peep show? :lol:

There are lots of managers/coaches who just sit there from time to time. There were numerous shot of Jose last night sitting there like he had the hump and didnt look like he had a clue. I bet it happens every week at most clubs but it got picked up this time.

As said I am in the "Roeder out" camp but a 10 second shot of Pearson slumped in his chair and Roeder chatting away is the last thing thats going to convince me he isn't the right man for the job. That came a LONG time ago.

There are lots of managers/coaches who just sit there from time to time. There were numerous shot of Jose last night sitting there like he had the hump and didnt look like he had a clue. I bet it happens every week at most clubs but it got picked up this time.

As said I am in the "Roeder out" camp but a 10 second shot of Pearson slumped in his chair and Roeder chatting away is the last thing thats going to convince me he isn't the right man for the job. That came a LONG time ago.

Tbh they didnt move from there chairs all 2nd half, We were getting dominated yet Roeder didnt have a clue how to change things.

Guest Gemmill

Tbh they didnt move from there chairs all 2nd half, We were getting dominated yet Roeder didnt have a clue how to change things.

Aye, as far as I'm concerned, Roeder has two touchline poses.  Sat on a seat not knowing what the fuck to do, or standing with his hands in his pockets not knowing what the fuck to do.  I suppose at least Pearson's lying down shows he has a bit more variety in his not knowing what the fuck to do poses.

That Pro Licence training came in handy then.  Was one of the courses "How to look like you know what you're doing when you haven't got a fucking clue"?

Aye, as far as I'm concerned, Roeder has two touchline poses.  Sat on a seat not knowing what the f*** to do, or standing with his hands in his pockets not knowing what the f*** to do.  I suppose at least Pearson's lying down shows he has a bit more variety in his not knowing what the f*** to do poses.

To be fair he was probably bored shitless.  I expect he had to endure "Nige, what do we do?  Any ideas Nige?  Any ideas at all?" in a whining cockney accent for 45 minutes

Aye, as far as I'm concerned, Roeder has two touchline poses.  Sat on a seat not knowing what the fuck to do, or standing with his hands in his pockets not knowing what the fuck to do.  I suppose at least Pearson's lying down shows he has a bit more variety in his not knowing what the fuck to do poses.

:lol:

Aye, as far as I'm concerned, Roeder has two touchline poses.  Sat on a seat not knowing what the f*** to do, or standing with his hands in his pockets not knowing what the f*** to do.  I suppose at least Pearson's lying down shows he has a bit more variety in his not knowing what the f*** to do poses.

bluelaugh.gif

To be fair he was probably bored shitless.  I expect he had to endure "Nige, what do we do?  Any ideas Nige?  Any ideas at all?" in a whining cockney accent for 45 minutes

:lol:

Guest Darth Toon

I think Roeder's biggest weakness (and he has a few) is that he's very much a "Plan A" manager - there's been quite a few games where we've started well and been on top, only for the opposing manager to make a few tactical changes and suddenly we're getting shat on - in these circumstances Roeder seems genuinely bewildered that something that was working doesn't seem to be anymore, and rather than trying to change it just sits hoping things will get better - there just never seems to be any hint of a Plan B.

He's the look of a rabbit frozen in  headlights when things aren't going well - often just changing something can help change a game be he doesn't seem to have it in him.

Guest Gemmill

He's the look of a rabbit frozen in  headlights when things aren't going well

He'll be fucking gutted to hear that, as I genuinely think that he thinks he looks like a proper thinker weighing up his options when he's stood on the touchline.