Solution to our Problems in Defence

Mr. Slugworth

I don't think WBA will sell Davies for less than £10m.  They've already had bids up to £7.5m and still haven't sold him.

If I was looking to buy a FB from the scum, I'd opt for Kerrea Gilbert, not Justin Hoyte. 

Does anyone like the Bardsley kid from Man u?

Maybe we could nick in ahead of Villa to get a young developing right back.

Danny Simpson is a better prospect.

Marcell Jansen £6m (worth a try)

Whosat?

A young player who plays for Borussia MGladbach, i have not seen much from him but heard good things about him from others, and from what i have seen he's a player for now and the duture, might be hard to attract, but worth a shot.

He´s quite tall also if i remember it correctly

Well we all thought Bramble was one for the duture, and look what happened when we spent big bucks on him...

But if we have the money. Why not. Probably better than what we have.

I said for now and the future. And because of Bramble should we never try to sign young players again?

nono. I get your point, but £6m on an unproven (in the prem) youngster could be a little risky, especially when we need experience.

Does anyone like the Bardsley kid from Man u?

Maybe we could nick in ahead of Villa to get a young developing right back.

Danny Simpson is a better prospect.

How many times have you seen him play?

Whosat?

A young player who plays for Borussia MGladbach, i have not seen much from him but heard good things about him from others, and from what i have seen he's a player for now and the duture, might be hard to attract, but worth a shot.

Well we all thought Bramble was one for the duture, and look what happened when we spent big bucks on him...

I said for now and the future. And because of Bramble should we never try to sign young players again?

yep! O0

Better going for last paycheck lazy big name players like Luque? He's the only black and white zebra standing still when all the others run away from the lion because he doesn't give a shit about running

Whosat?

yep! O0

Better going for last paycheck lazy big name players like Luque? He's the only black and white zebra standing still when all the others run away from the lion because he doesn't give a s*** about running

look a few posts up for your answer O0

Whosat?

yep! O0

Better going for last paycheck lazy big name players like Luque? He's the only black and white zebra standing still when all the others run away from the lion because he doesn't give a s*** about running

look a few posts up for your answer O0

Yes mate, saw that after i posted. I might agree with you on that, just wish we had a good manager who could make these signings work. And the german league isn't that much different really...

I don't think WBA will sell Davies for less than £10m.   They've already had bids up to £7.5m and still haven't sold him.

If I was looking to buy a FB from the scum, I'd opt for Kerrea Gilbert, not Justin Hoyte. 

I love that kid!

He looked great in his brief premiership cameo when Arsenal had a lot of injuries at right-back.

Surprised no one in the premiership went for him on loan.

A bit small ... but full of energy and pretty dynamic.

I don't think WBA will sell Davies for less than £10m.  They've already had bids up to £7.5m and still haven't sold him.

Gilbert who can't get a game in the Championship for Cardiff?

Rather than Hoyte who has performed well when needed in the Prem? Are you sure?

Complete bollocks. Phil Bardsley is shite as well btw. Championship player at best.

What's the answer that will satisfy you?

That what you mean is that he's a better prospect on FM. On what basis do you think he's a better prospect, if not that?

What's the answer that will satisfy you?

That what you mean is that he's a better prospect on FM. On what basis do you think he's a better prospect, if not that?

My mates been to every Sunderland game this season and says Simpson is shite. He thinks Whitehead is better at right back and that Nosworthy is twice the player. Says it all really. And my mate is a pretty good judge for a Mackem.

I believe that i have read somewhere that if Borussia MGladbach get relegated (seems likely) Marcell Jansen has a clausul in his contract that says that he can leave on a free transfer.

Dont know how reliable this source where i read this is though.

Hoyte had just sign new long term contract with Arsenal so he is out of the picture

I would have Ben Haim any day of the week especially when he is on free.

Also i hope that we can sign some old experienced CB-Hyypia,Thuram,Ayala-all of them will contribute for the development of Taylor,Huny,Edgar.Not mentioning Ramage because he is hopeless

Also we need some top class LB=Bridge,Baines,Bale.This 3 names have been linked with us

Also i'll add Roberto Carlos.Yes him

Alot of the people here thinks he is too old but i think he can play at least 2 more years for us.

He will bring enormous experience to our back 4.

So...

Solano---Taylor----Campbell------Carlos

or

Solano--Taylor---Ben Haim----Bridge

or

Solano----Taylor---Hyppia----Baines

Why do you have to simplistically assume that I judge a player based on FM? When I say Taylor is a better prospect than Bramble do you mean that I reach this conclusion based on FM?

For heaven sake could someone please dispute the merits of my post instead attacking the messenger? If you know nothing about a player doesn't mean that the others who know know him from FM.

My mates been to every Sunderland game this season and says Simpson is s****. He thinks Whitehead is better at right back and that Nosworthy is twice the player. Says it all really. And my mate is a pretty good judge for a Mackem.

Your mate and me clearly see two different players. I was not comparing Simpson to Whitehead and Nosworth as right back. I mentioned Danny Simpson as comparison to Phil Bardsley.

Lastly, Sunderland lost to Colchester, their only defeat this year, with Simpson absent and Whitehead as right back.

My mates been to every Sunderland game this season and says Simpson is s****. He thinks Whitehead is better at right back and that Nosworthy is twice the player. Says it all really. And my mate is a pretty good judge for a Mackem.

Your mate and me clearly see two different players. I was not comparing Simpson to Whitehead and Nosworth as right back. I mentioned Danny Simpson as comparison to Phil Bardsley.

Lastly, Sunderland lost to Colchester, their only defeat this year, with Simpson absent and Whitehead as right back.

Yeah mate, they lost to Colchester because Simpson was missing. It was nothing to do with the fact that Colchester are superb at home. With regards to my comments regarding Nosworthy and Whitehead, the fact that Nosworthy is shit and Whitehead is a midfielder tells me that Simpson can't be much good.

It seems you have a habit of picking an obscure player and raving about them. Wenger seems to rate Hoyte higher than Gilbert, and Ferguson seems to think Bardsley is better than Simpson. I'll back their judgement over yours.

Yeah mate, they lost to Colchester because Simpson was missing. It was nothing to do with the fact that Colchester are superb at home. With regards to my comments regarding Nosworthy and Whitehead, the fact that Nosworthy is s*** and Whitehead is a midfielder tells me that Simpson can't be much good.

It seems you have a habit of picking an obscure player and raving about them. Wenger seems to rate Hoyte higher than Gilbert, and Ferguson seems to think Bardsley is better than Simpson. I'll back their judgement over yours.

Nosworthy was shite but he is not shite anymore. Whitehead was a right back and only converted into midfielder this season. Is "picking an obscure player and raving about them" a bad habit? In any case I don't have this habit, and Simpson is not an obscure player, unless one's football knowledge is strictly restricted to his club's player. I did not say anything about Gilbert, nor Hoyte. And I was giving my opinion that Simpson being a better prospect than Bardsley. You are free and welcome to prefer Ferguson's judgement over mine, but I can't recall Ferguson commenting that Bardsley is a better prospect than Simpson.

Bardsley has hardly pulled down any tree in Aston Villa. He just seems to be a solid right back who doesn't realy venture forward. Simpson goes forward more in Sunderland, is defensively as solid as Bardsley (though against Championship players) and is a few years younger. Hence I think Simpson is a better prospect. Bardsley also seems to have temperamental problems.

Yeah mate, they lost to Colchester because Simpson was missing. It was nothing to do with the fact that Colchester are superb at home. With regards to my comments regarding Nosworthy and Whitehead, the fact that Nosworthy is s*** and Whitehead is a midfielder tells me that Simpson can't be much good.

Nosworthy was s**** but he is not s**** anymore. Whitehead was a right back and only converted into midfielder this season. Is "picking an obscure player and raving about them" a bad habit? In any case I don't have this habit, and Simpson is not an obscure player, unless one's football knowledge is strictly restricted to his club's player. I did not say anything about Gilbert, nor Hoyte. And I was giving my opinion that Simpson being a better prospect than Bardsley. You are free and welcome to prefer Ferguson's judgement over mine, but I can't recall Ferguson commenting that Bardsley is a better prospect than Simpson.

Bardsley has hardly pulled down any tree in Aston Villa. He just seems to be a solid right back who doesn't realy venture forward. Simpson goes forward more in Sunderland, is defensively as solid as Bardsley (though against Championship players) and is a few years younger. Hence I think Simpson is a better prospect. Bardsley also seems to have temperamental problems.

So how many times have you seen him play?

It's pulling up tree's btw, not pulling them down. :lol:

What's the answer that will satisfy you? Any disagreement over my assessment of players?

Pulling up.

What's the answer that will satisfy you? Any disagreement over my assessment of players?

Pulling up.

I take it you've never seen him then, just heard loads about him from Man Utd fans who rave about all their youngsters.

Rossi being a good example. :)

I take it you've never seen him then, just heard loads about him from Man Utd fans who rave about all their youngsters.

Still trying to discredit me as a person, still with no attempt trying to dispute my assessment of the player?

Rossi is shite, right? 7 goals in 15 games for Parma.

Still trying to discredit me as a person, still with no attempt trying to dispute my assessment of the player?

Rossi is s****, right? 7 goals in 15 games for Parma.

As for Rossi, he was s**** here as I rightly predicted O0 Still, you keep listening to your mates who subscribe to MUTV. mackems.gif

Btw how many of Rossi's goals came from the penalty spot?

As for Rossi, he was s**** here as I rightly predicted O0 Still, you keep listening to your mates who subscribe to MUTV. mackems.gif

Feel free to indulge in your self congratulations.

Feel free to indulge in your self congratulations.

So how many times have you seen him play? It's a simple question that you seem reluctant to answer for some reason.

Also, how many of Rossi's 7 goals have come from the penalty spot?