Solution to our Problems in Defence

Mr. Slugworth

Sol Campbell - Free

Curtis Davies - 10m

Justin Hoyte - 5m

How would Campbell be on a free, when he's got a year left on his contract?

Distin and Hyypia seem good shouts for the two CB positions, then we need a New LB & New RB

JUSTIN HOYTE!!!! :lol:

Great shout, tbh. Not being sarcastic either, he's a good player who'll get better.

Worst the carr IMO, my friends who support Arsenal say he is the worst right back in the team, the only reason he played this season was because of all the injurys they had this season in their back line.

Is that really your opinion, then? :rolleyes:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=ironing&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Sol Campbell - Free

Curtis Davies - 10m

Justin Hoyte - 5m

How would Campbell be on a free, when he's got a year left on his contract?

Distin and Hyypia seem good shouts for the two CB positions, then we need a New LB & New RB

You would have Distin over Ben Haim? Event hough Ben Haim is a better player and is five years younger and is also a better defender???

Ben Haim and Hyypia. Simple as that.

I should be managing NUFC ... we would have the best defence in the league.

Because everyone thinks Ben Haim will be going to Chelsea

In January maybe ... but considering how things have gone this season and with a whole summer in front of them they will end up going for a big name defender like they always do.

You can be sure about that!

In January maybe ... but considering how things have gone this season and with a whole summer in front of them they will end up going for a big name defender like they always do.

I dont think they will , I also think Chelsea's Avram Grant will want to bring him in. But I would put Benny H well above Distin on my shopping list.

I dont think they will , I also think Chelsea's Avram Grant will want to bring him in. But I would put Benny H well above Distin on my shopping list.

Another key point is that Ben Haim would be straight into our first team. He doesn't strike me as someone who would go to Chelsea to sit on the bench. As long as Carvalho and Terry are fit he won't be playing at all, especially as he isn't that versatile.

Arse would let hoyte go for £1,5...

Aye, i think i remember seeing something like that. Either way - i'm fairly certain that Wenger has said he can go if he wants...

Guest Jonny4Toon

I would have Davies. He ia a young player at 21. He has been one of the Championship's stand out players and he won't be down there next season. He ias already the captain at West Brom and at such a young age - it shows already that he has good leadership qualities. I think he and Taylor are very similar and would compliment eachother well. Instead of Taylor having to do the defending for the likes of Bramble, Moore and Onyewu, he will have a promising young player beside him. These two will learn from eachother and benefit from first team games together. I reckon that Davies would be available for about £8million if West Brom don't come up to the big league. If they do get promoted, this price will rise to at least £10million which I don't think we would spend on him. I say go for it and buy him. He has undoubted talent and I just can't see why he will not fulfill his potential.  :)

I would have Davies. He ia a young player at 21. He has been one of the Championship's stand out players and he won't be down there next season. He ias already the captain at West Brom and at such a young age - it shows already that he has good leadership qualities. I think he and Taylor are very similar and would compliment eachother well. Instead of Taylor having to do the defending for the likes of Bramble, Moore and Onyewu, he will have a promising young player beside him. These two will learn from eachother and benefit from first team games together. I reckon that Davies would be available for about £8million if West Brom don't come up to the big league. If they do get promoted, this price will rise to at least £10million which I don't think we would spend on him. I say go for it and buy him. He has undoubted talent and I just can't see why he will not fulfill his potential.  :)

problem for me with davies is that on the few times i've seen him (twice england under 21's and twice WBA)he's been shocking,poor tackling,no positional sense,weak in the air and little ball skill.he's very highlt rated by some but i haven't seen any of it.

problem for me with davies is that on the few times i've seen him (twice england under 21's and twice WBA)he's been shocking,poor tackling,no positional sense,weak in the air and little ball skill.

If Bramble & Moore are leaving in the summer, we cant expect Peter Damage to do all  the above by himself.

Marcell Jansen £6m (worth a try)

Whosat?

A young player who plays for Borussia MGladbach, i have not seen much from him but heard good things about him from others, and from what i have seen he's a player for now and the duture, might be hard to attract, but worth a shot.

He´s quite tall also if i remember it correctly

Does anyone like the Bardsley kid from Man u?

Is he Man Utds 3rd or 4th choice rb? Was shocking at Rangers under PLG but then who wasnt. Is keeping Hughes* out of the Villa team but that shouldnt be hard. I think we need people with a bit of beef. I will go with Ben H but I cant back you on this one bud.

*=Not sure if it okay to diss Hughes, he once man marked Totti out of the game you know :clap:

Whosat?

A young player who plays for Borussia MGladbach, i have not seen much from him but heard good things about him from others, and from what i have seen he's a player for now and the duture, might be hard to attract, but worth a shot.

Well we all thought Bramble was one for the duture, and look what happened when we spent big bucks on him...

But if we have the money. Why not. Probably better than what we have.

Whosat?

Well we all thought Bramble was one for the duture, and look what happened when we spent big bucks on him...

I said for now and the future. And because of Bramble should we never try to sign young players again?

Whosat?

Okay guys ... what's up with the whole duture thing?

Whosat?

I said for now and the future. And because of Bramble should we never try to sign young players again?

yep! O0

Whosat?

Okay guys ... what's up with the whole duture thing?

hehe