Solution to our Problems in Defence

Mr. Slugworth

So how many times have you seen him play? It's a simple question that you seem reluctant to answer for some reason.

Also, how many of Rossi's 7 goals have come from the penalty spot?

I have been asking you what kind of answers would satisfy you.

Have you personally flown to Italy to see Rossi play to comment on him, just curious?

I have been asking you what kind of answers would satisfy you.

An honest answer, if you've never seen him play then say.

Have you personally flown to Italy to see Rossi play to comment on him, just curious?

No I haven't.

Can you answer mine now since I was good enough to answer yours.

How many times have you seen him play? It's a simple question that you seem reluctant to answer for some reason.

No I haven't.

1. So that's what you are hoping me to say? :lol: Do me another favour. Please dispute the merits of my points instead of the merit of me as a person.

2. Hypocrite.

Why am I a hypocrite because I haven't flown to Italy to watch an over rated youngster who doesn't even play for us?

So are you not going to answer my questions then?

How many times have you seen him play?

Guest SLK

Doesn't Campbell still have one year left on his contract with Pompy ? He is not going to be for free...

Guest assyriantoon

Younes Kaboul from Auxerre should be signed up. £7mill for best young defender in France. Marcell Jansen was a good shout but from what I heard Barcelona is in for him.

Guest Darth Toon

Distin (Free)

Brown (5 million)

Baines (5 million)

Gives us:

RB's - Solano, Carr

LB's - Baines, Babayaro

CB's - Brown, Distin, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington

Not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Younes Kaboul from Auxerre should be signed up. £7mill for best young defender in France. Marcell Jansen was a good shout but from what I heard Barcelona is in for him.

Never seen him play but he is obviously great talent

Maybe he is the new Mexes

I don't think WBA will sell Davies for less than £10m.   They've already had bids up to £7.5m and still haven't sold him.

If I was looking to buy a FB from the scum, I'd opt for Kerrea Gilbert, not Justin Hoyte. 

Gilbert who can't get a game in the Championship for Cardiff?

Rather than Hoyte who has performed well when needed in the Prem? Are you sure?

Complete bollocks. Phil Bardsley is s**** as well btw. Championship player at best.

Arsenal are not happy how Cardiff have treated Gilbert, though exactly what they've done I don't know.  There was talk of trying to get him recalled.

I know Gilbert is extremely highly rated.  He is seen as a possible automatic starter sometime in the future whilst Hoyte isn't looked on any better than a squad player.  Although with the competition  there, even a squad place is a notable achievement.

He's going to Spurs.

Has Delima been telling us about all the youngsters in the world he has seen (Champ man cough!) again? :lol:

Davies would be quality as he think he is the perfect partner for Taylor (in a few years) but we need experience and there are players good enough going on frees so I am not sure we  could justify spending what he would cost.

He's going to Spurs.

He has been linked with them but nothing more

Obviously bigger clubs then Spurs are after him

the solution to our problems in defence is to buy a  right back, two centre backs and a left back.

we can bleat on as much as we like about not having the money to do all of that, but fundamentally, if we want to fix ourselves, thats what we need.

No I haven't.

1. So that's what you are hoping me to say? :lol: Do me another favour. Please dispute the merits of my points instead of the merit of me as a person.

2. Hypocrite.

On what basis do you believe Simpson is a better prospect than Bardsley?

This is the answer:

Dario Dainelli - free from Fiorentina

Fabricio Coloccini - aprox. 2-3mill£

Phillipe Degen/Nelson - 3-5mill£

Marcell Jansen - i would guess 6mill£

Only watched Coloccini and he is good player

But there is a risk that they may not adapt to Premiership football

Its better if we concentrate on English defenders or players who have played in the EPL

Actually I think Premier League would fit Coloccini good. I have always liked him, just not his hair... He kind of reminds me a bit of Gabriel Heinze, and he fits very well in. Not like for instance Albert Luque. (He is that overpaid spanish guy that never plays for us ;))

I agree that it would be best to buy english players or players from England, but how many players with this quallity can we get for the same kind of prices in England?

But anyway, the only player I have suggested that I am not sure would fit in Premier Leauge is Nelson. He is a typical Portugese player, fits better in Spain or Portugal. But hey, Ronaldo could adapt so it is not impossible.

I've been really impressed by George Macartney over the last few months playing left back for West Ham (Puts tin hat on).

In terms of improving our squad, we could do worse than him, Volz (even though he had a shocker for Fulham last weekend against the Arse) and Hoyte.

Sign that lot and sign one superstar defender and still get change out of £11m I reckon.

Substantial improvement on Carr/Baba and Co and those lada are far more likely to actually want to play for us rather than pick their games and they'd be wages of less than £15k per week.

I've been really impressed by George Macartney over the last few months playing left back for West Ham (Puts tin hat on).

In terms of improving our squad, we could do worse than him, Volz (even though he had a shocker for Fulham last weekend against the Arse) and Hoyte.

Sign that lot and sign one superstar defender and still get change out of £11m I reckon.

Substantial improvement on Carr/Baba and Co and those lada are far more likely to actually want to play for us rather than pick their games and they'd be wages of less than £15k per week.

We don't need to improve our SQUAD yet - our FIRST TEAM needs players first.