Solution to our Problems in Defence

Mr. Slugworth

Sol Campbell - Free

Curtis Davies - 10m

Justin Hoyte - 5m

Davies and Hoyte are best mates and have played together for years.  Will both have played with/learned from Campbell.  Should settle in well (Campbell wants a move to the North East, Hoyte spent a year with the scum) and have played together so should know eachothers games, have the right blend of age and experience and would provide great competition to bring the best out of Taylor.  Simple, but you just know it would work well.  Still, would rather have had Woody back than Sol...

Hoyte    Campbell    Davies    Solano

That'd do me tbh...

Sol Campbell - Free

Curtis Davies - 10m

Justin Hoyte - 5m

Davies and Hoyte are best mates and have played together for years.  Will both have played with/learned from Campbell.  Should settle in well (Campbell wants a move to the North East, Hoyte spent a year with the scum) and have played together so should know eachothers games, have the right blend of age and experience and would provide great competition to bring the best out of Taylor.  Simple, but you just know it would work well.  Still, would rather have had Woody back than Sol...

That'd do me tbh...

Davies £10m? 

Hoyte's a right-footed right-back mate, unless you have Solano at left-back, which would be equally gash.

I won't say anything else about the rest. I'm sure someone else will.

Sol Campbell - Free

Curtis Davies - 10m

Justin Hoyte - 5m

That'd do me tbh...

He wants?

JUSTIN HOYTE!!!! :lol:

Great shout, tbh. Not being sarcastic either, he's a good player who'll get better.

EDIT: Although, i don't feel we need to spend any significant sort of money on right-back. There are certainly more pressing needs and we have adequate cover after Nobby. But i wouldn't be completely disappointed if we were to sign Hoyte (we won't like), because he is a good player.

Great shout, tbh. Not being sarcastic either, he's a good player who'll get better.

Worst the carr IMO, my friends who support Arsenal say he is the worst right back in the team, the only reason he played this season was because of all the injurys they had this season in their back line.

Worst the carr IMO, my friends who support Arsenal say he is the worst right back in the team, the only reason he played this season was because of all the injurys they had this season in their back line.

Is that really your opinion, then? :rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

Why on earth would we want to sign this Curtis Davies when he is everything we don't need and already have enough of, i.e. inexperienced, another so-called potential and would cost silly money despite not being proven at all. Have you even seen him play at all? I think some people just see our name linked with a player and assume that player must be half decent if he's gonna cost all that money and plays for England under 21s. Jesus wept.

Hoyte is a good suggestion though, although I doubt he'd cost that much.

Curtis Davies is the sort of CB we need, a technically good player who can bring the ball out from the back comfortably.

Hopefully it would bring an end to the long ball football.

Is that really your opinion, then? :rolleyes:

Well,since half of my family support Arsenal,i have to stay and watch every game the fuckers play, so yes thats actually my opinion backed by many that of many Arsenal fans

Edit : who are NOT from my family -just in case someone decides to pick on that line :lol:

Why on earth would we want to sign this Curtis Davies when he is everything we don't need and already have enough of, i.e. inexperienced, another so-called potential and would cost silly money despite not being proven at all. Have you even seen him play at all? I think some people just see our name linked with a player and assume that player must be half decent if he's gonna cost all that money and plays for England under 21s. Jesus wept.

Counter-balanced by the signing of Campbell, tbh.

All hypothetical of course.

Sylvain Distin - Free

Curtis Davies - £8-10m (possibly even £6/7m if West Brom don't get promoted)*

Leighton Baines - £6-8m

Would be my preference. Not a hope in hellers of getting Campbell; Redknapp laughed it off today.

*Though another preference is actually Luisao... and i'm being naughty because i've seen fairly little of him. But what i have seen, he looks a really good centre-half.

Guest Knightrider

All that money though on CD? Howayt man. Why do we need another young great hope, when we have Taylor? The rest are all fine and good shouts but CD... we'd be mad to even look at him regardless of much potential he has, we'll soon knock that out of him.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!

Another defender thread with no mention of Ben Haim??? I am well and truly baffled by this!

Talk of Distin and Campbell but not Ben Haim??? Ben Haim is only 25 and yet still very experienced in the premiership, and is on a free too.

Hypia - Experienced and would be cheap as Rafa is clearly phasing him out of the Liverpool squad. Could be our leader and teacher at the back.

Ben Haim - Experienced but still young enough to have a long career at the club and continue to grow.

Leighton Baines - Quality, young, confident, committed left-back.

Next season ...

Baines-----Hyypia-----Ben Haim-----Solano

And eventually after a season or so ...

Baines-----Taylor-----Ben Haim-----Solano

Another defender thread with no mention of Ben Haim??? I am well and truly baffled by this!

Talk of Distin and Campbell but not Ben Haim??? Ben Haim is only 25 and yet still very experienced in the premiership, and is on a free too.

Hypia - Experienced and would be cheap as Rafa is clearly phasing him out of the Liverpool squad. Could be our leader and teacher at the back.

Ben Haim - Experienced but still young enough to have a long career at the club and continue to grow.

Next season ...

Why would Ben Haim leave Bolton to come here?

Guest Knightrider

Davies has already proved himself to be a good defender, though. It's not such a huge gamble really.

How? He's still a bairn really. Paying anything over a few million on a 20 year-old when we aren't flush with cash and need experience and know-how back there would be daft in my opinion.

Guest Knightrider

Next season ...

Because of Big Sam

;)

Solano      Campbell      Taylor      Baines

Because Campbell is getting on and is obviously suspect to injury i would rotate him with Distin (if the rumours are true).

Next season ...

HE IS A FREE AGENT AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

We will give him a decent pay rise and if we have Big Sam here we will have a good chance.