Glenn on Summer Signings (Latest)

NUFC06

In all serious though if someone claims to be or claims to know someone ITK it normally means they have latched on to the latest hot rumour and tell everyone they "know" its going to happen. If it happens they look "cool" if it doesn't it means they were in talks but something happened which meant the deal fell through.

95% of the time their "info" is less reliable than the NOTW.

:)

If this turns out to be more hot air from Parky, then I'm heading to Germany and I'm not returning until I have his head on a spike.

Failing that, I'm going to investigate into finding an "ignore" function for this particular forum software :laugh:

If this turns out to be more hot air from Parky, then I'm heading to Germany and I'm not returning until I have his head on a spike.

Failing that, I'm going to investigate into finding an "ignore" function for this particular forum software :laugh:

Its the last bit I need from him for my Balloon ride around the world.

Its the last bit I need from him for my Balloon ride around the world.

;D

I can't help thinking of "Rimmer Land" off Red Dwarf whenever you post these days, man. World of your own.

Although I have to say, I think I generally would be a lot happier in your reality than I am in the genuine article!

Can't knock you for bringing hope, I suppose. You're like a beacon in the darkness at times on here.

I can't help thinking of "Rimmer Land" off Red Dwarf whenever you post these days, man. World of your own.

Although I have to say, I think I generally would be a lot happier in your reality than I am in the genuine article!

Can't knock you for bringing hope, I suppose. You're like a beacon in the darkness at times on here.

Cheers Mate.

We're all on here to have a bit of fun/chat about our passions. O0

I've heard from someone connected to a bookies that it's Allardyce. Can't qualify it anymore than that.

Confuses me though because i've heard that we are actively pursuing a signing, don't know who at the club is pushing it through if GR is about to be tin tacked.

Guest johnson293

As for Allardyce ... it just seems the odds are stacked against him.

Turned the job down already

Erm, so did Bobby Robson - did he not publicly decline the job when Keegan left?

Didn't stop Shepherd going back 2-3 years later and then appoint him.

I think people are getting too hung up on Shepherd supposedly holding a grudge aginst someone who has turned him down previously.

Addmitedly, Bobby was at Barca at the time, but its all hearsay as to the reasons that SA declined previously - perhaps it was due to a 'then' feeling of loyalty towards Bolton?

MJ

Erm, so did Bobby Robson - did he not publicly decline the job when Keegan left?

Didn't stop Shepherd going back 2-3 years later and then appoint him.

I think people are getting too hung up on Shepherd supposedly holding a grudge aginst someone who has turned him down previously.

Addmitedly, Bobby was at Barca at the time, but its all hearsay as to the reasons that SA declined previously - perhaps it was due to a 'then' feeling of loyalty towards Bolton?

MJ

For he millionth time it was SHEARER.

Roeder rules out Sol bid

Glenn Roeder has ruled out making a bid for Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell.

The former England stopper has enjoyed an excellent season at Portsmouth, justifying Harry Redknapp's decision to sign him on a free transfer from Arsenal.

Newcastle were linked with Campbell last summer, but Roeder stressed at that time that he did not want to sign players over the age of 30.

He has made a slight amendment to this policy as he said this week that he was looking for an experienced central-defender.

This statement fuelled suggestions Roeder would lodge a summer bid for Campbell, but he has ruled out spending money on players over the age of 30.

"As far as I am aware Sol Campbell when he signed for Portsmouth signed for two years," Roeder said on Sky Sports News.

"As memory serves, he has done one of those two years which suggests he has another year to do.

"We certainly would not want to be buying any player over 30 and spending money on transfer fees because that is dead money and would be a poor policy in my view."

He should have sign him last summer.

Roeder is completely incompetent

I bet that Allardyce would have sign him

Watched that one the other night :D

Guest SwissMagpie

On the Swiss media(three websites) its says that Glenn is trackin Leverkusen's and Swiss international - Tranquillo Barnetta ,it says that a Newcastle scout was at Leverkusen game and watched him.

On the Swiss media(three websites) its says that Glenn is trackin Leverkusen's and Swiss international - Tranquillo Barnetta ,it says that a Newcastle scout was at Leverkusen game and watched him.

He is good young player.He played in the World Cup i think

Can you tell me something more about him?

He is midfieldfer.Where can he play?

Guest SwissMagpie

Barnetta can play on the right on the left and behing the strikers.i think we can have him at around 5 millon quids

Guest redmayne

who gives a fuck who roeder is tracking

the cunt should be ejected with immediate effect and let a real manager start the buying

oh i forgot - were newcastle - we spunk the money then sack the manager

I'm losing faith guys.

I think Roeder is here till next season and heres why ...

He is only on a two year contract and Freddy already feels paranoid about the fact that everyone feels Newcastle always sack their managers so he will feel that he can afford to wait till next summer if need be.

I also think Freddy has bought into the idea that major changes are needed in the actual squad of players and a change of manager won't help. This is because three consecutive managers now have been unable to get much out of the current squad of players. I think he also accepts the injury excuse is a valid one and because Roeder has been "patient" with his signings I think Freddy feels he owes him at least one season with more new players.

I think there are also plans to bring in a director of football and Freddy feels that this will make Roeder a better manager. I'm pretty certain this is what we have talked to Sven about.

The bung inquiry

The fact we might still have to pay compensation for his services along with paying off Glenn should he be sacked

The fact that when we were eager to appoint Roeder Sam was publically against it.

Right now I think Roeder will be in charge next season. I am just going to hope that he brings in players he knows very well and therefore players he will be able to use more effectively. I do think Roeder has problems getting through to players but it is always different when the players are people you have brough to the club yourself so hopefully that works for him.

I am going to be positive from now on and back whoever is in charge or else I might do myself an injury. I can't stand all the uncertainty.

Just hope we at the very least get the man some hel[ with a decent DOF.

Sigh ...

there is always one who blows away my dreams and reality sets in . :crybaby2: