New Manager Uberpoll (Who do you WANT it to be?)

GM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Jurgen Klinsmann - Germany's Terry Venables but without the experience at club level, i.e. one international campaign does not make a good manager/how big a part did being held in Germany play for him and his team?

It's not the "success" of last year's World Cup that makes Klinsmann an attractive option, but rather the work he has done with the German national team in the two years leading to it. He has totally revamped the German national team in every sense. German football was stuck in the past, Klinsmann brought in new methods, new people and laid a new foundation to the team that his successor (and former assistant) does profit from.

Imho Klinsmann could be an as inspirational choice as Keegan back then. He is obviously a big risk. But what from what I've seen from Klinsmann he would try to install a professional set up at the club that would both pay off short and long term.

Fair enough, and I agree, Klinsmann could be somewhat an inspirational choice and he's certainly a better option than a few listed, but I don't think the club would plump for what would be quite a gamble and to be honest, neither would I.

Anyhoo, he's no Hitzfeld ;)

Jurgen Klinsmann - Germany's Terry Venables but without the experience at club level, i.e. one international campaign does not make a good manager/how big a part did being held in Germany play for him and his team?

It's not the "success" of last year's World Cup that makes Klinsmann an attractive option, but rather the work he has done with the German national team in the two years leading to it. He has totally revamped the German national team in every sense. German football was stuck in the past, Klinsmann brought in new methods, new people and laid a new foundation to the team that his successor (and former assistant) does profit from.

Imho Klinsmann could be an as inspirational choice as Keegan back then. He is obviously a big risk. But what from what I've seen from Klinsmann he would try to install a professional set up at the club that would both pay off short and long term.

Fair enough, and I agree, Klinsmann could be somewhat an inspirational choice and he's certainly a better option than a few listed, but I don't think the club would plump for what would be quite a gamble and to be honest, neither would I.

Of course he would be a (huge) gamble. Though, Newcastle don't have much to lose in the current state, do they. If Klinsmann was to succeed with his ideas it probably would kick off big time.

Just watch him sign for a different club and Newcastle curse to have missed out an opportunity again. Pfffft. ;)

-Would love Hiddink to come here, has been successful wherever he's been (from what I can remember) but it would probably be a job that could sully his career and is perhaps interested in bigger fish (chelski).

-Houllier has also done very well at Lyon and would bring with him the in depth knowledge of european players (especially french) which would probably mean more for our money in the transfer market. I like the way Lyon have played when I've seen them in the champions; organised defence and attacking football but always with a team effort...

-Sam is a ready made option and would probably be the best option to stop the slide as he seems to know how to scrap out points. Not too optimistic about the long term with him as we don't know whether he has other feathers in his cap (systems/tactics...).

Guest Knightrider

Of course he would be a (huge) gamble. Though, Newcastle don't have much to lose in the current state, do they. If Klinsmann was to succeed with his ideas it probably would kick off big time.

Just watch him sign for a different club and Newcastle curse to have missed out an opportunity again. Pfffft. ;)

I actually like him, I remember the stick he was getting in the buildup to even the Finals itself, never mind the qualifiers and I was very impressed with Germany, especially going foward and the spirit on show. Not the spirit yous are famed for, but the freedom of expression type of spirit perhaps yous aren't. Part of me would love to say "ah, stuff it lets go for a gamble" but we have a bit to loose IMO, unlike under KK when he first came in. In truth I'd like to see how well he does at club level.

Guest bond holder

Van Gall for me then Houllier.but i have a feeling short sighted Fat  Fred will go for Fat Sam,and the teamtalk will be 'get the ball and lump it'.                Allardyce Out!!!               

Anyone think perhaps....a "foreign" manager would make them a less desirable manager in fat fucker fred fucker shepherd's eyes?

Foreign meaning not from the UK. Only 1 foreign manager and that was gullit....just a thought like....

Anyone think perhaps....a "foreign" manager would make them a less desirable manager in fat fucker fred fucker shepherd's eyes?

Foreign meaning not from the UK. Only 1 foreign manager and that was gullit....just a thought like....

Obviously.

Van Gall for me then Houllier.but i have a feeling short sighted Fat  Fred will go for Fat Sam,and the teamtalk will be 'get the ball and lump it'.                 Allardyce Out!!!               

Maybe you should watch football instead of getting cliches from the tabloids if you are going to comment on others people short sighted :lol:

Van Gall for me then Houllier.but i have a feeling short sighted Fat  Fred will go for Fat Sam,and the teamtalk will be 'get the ball and lump it'.                 Allardyce Out!!!               

Gee, maybe they're right about Geordie fans - the man hasn't been hired yet and the "Allardyce Out" call has come from the peanut gallery :rolleyes:

Guest POWNATS

Gus Hiddink

Break the bank to get him.........surely its dawned on blubber boy the manager is the most important bloke at the club.

but you know it wont have