Aye, imagine this.

Van Der Saar

Neville         Ferdinand        Vidic          Heinze

Hargreaves

Carrick

Ronaldo                                             Pedersen

Rooney

Berbatov

Rotating Scholes, Giggs and Smith between them. Pretty awesome to be fair. I understand Scholes and Giggs have been awesome but Fergi will be looking long term now.

Fucking hell man, why don't you fuck off to the scums website!

Newcastle only thanks!

for that sort of money, they should go for villa or etoo.

Villa has said he wants to stay as has Eto'o, so Man Ure are not going to well, I doubt very much that Berb will leave Spurs so it will be Owen they go after in the end..

27.5 million? Fuck off man.

If that's the case can you imagine what someone like Shearer or Pedro would be worth in today's market?

Imagine what we'd have sold them for though...

Berbatov.. i can't believe this guy costs that much now.. when he played in CSKA (Sofia scum) he was just another skinny striker.. at Leverkusen he got more prolific, but most of his goals were of the Pipo Inzaghi type - crucial touch in a melee in the box, beating the offside trap or somehow scoring as he falls down.. then he started scoring more headers, raised his game for the national team and now he's the complete package at Spurs - technique, dribble, vision, composure, great hold up play, lethal in front of the goal even scores fucking free kicks now..

sometime ago, when Bulgaria played England he said that Shearer is his favorite player and Newcastle is his fav team -  so if Mike Ashley fancies spending shitloads of money, it wouldn't be that mad to try and get him..

sometime ago, when Bulgaria played England he said that Shearer is his favorite player and Newcastle is his fav team -  so if Mike Ashley fancies spending shitloads of money, it wouldn't be that mad to try and get him..

Where did you get that from?

remember hearing that somewhere aswell

Guest johnson293

I've read that article, stating that as a boy his favourite english team was Newcastle, and he once got a Newcastle shirt as a birthday present.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/03/10/sfntot10.xml

Also, on a BBC Football focus interview about a month agon, he spoke of his admiration for Shearer, and the way he played, and goals he scored, and his regret at never playing opposite him in the Premiership.

The Interviewer then handed him (berbatov) an England shirt signed by Alan Shearer.

found this searching around on google:

Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed he idolised Dutch forward Marco van Basten and England striker Alan Shearer in his younger days.

"When I was young I really liked Marco van Basten and Alan Shearer and when we were playing and I got the ball I would say those names and pretend to be them," said the 26-year-old Bulgarian international.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/dimitar-berbatov-admired-marco-van-baste-552741.html

Guest johnson293

Was there not a story about him being a Toon fan and getting a Toon top for his birthday ????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/03/10/sfntot10.xml

As a kid, his favourite English club was Newcastle United. For one birthday, he received a special gift - a Newcastle shirt with his name on the back from a friend.

EDIT: Cheers Luque.

Guest Knightrider

If Man Utd do sign him and I think they have a chance, this will be a bad thing not only for Spurs but the rest of the league. Mind, at what price does 'NO' become a 'YES'?

If Man Utd do sign him and I think they have a chance, this will be a bad thing not only for Spurs but the rest of the league. Mind, at what price does 'NO' become a 'YES'?

For us though, Berbatov going to Man Utd would be great news.

why do they rate sahahaha at £11.5 million?

idiotic

He's a very good player.

Blows hot and cold, injured half the time. Most crucially he requires a high chances to goal ratio. The type of striker who'll always miss more than he scores.

why do they rate sahahaha at £11.5 million?

idiotic

He's a very good player.

He's alright? But £11.5m? It'll cost Spurs more than that to buy all the sticky tape they'll need to keep his gimpy knees falling apart.

Re; Berbatov. £39m Wouldn't that make him the 2nd most expensive player ever? Come off it...he isn't that good. And not only is he worth nowhere near that much, I also struggle to see how Manure could afford to pay £27m. Can't imagine their accounts are particularly healthy considering how they're raping their fans wallets at the mo.

Guest Knightrider

For us though, Berbatov going to Man Utd would be great news.

I'd rather their coffers weren't boosted by an extra £30m tbh. A fit Saha will score 15 + goals anyway and while Berbatov is a very good player, he isn't the difference that seperates them from the rest of us like Shearer often was for us.