Sven - Yes or No.

Optimistic Nut
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No.

Apart from Lazio, about which I've heard he spent a massive amount and left them in a state, his successes prior to that were all a very, very long time ago.

Benfica in the European Cup final (lost it anyway, plus we know as well as any that one cup run does not make a summer... or something) is all well and good but Howard Wilkinson has won the English league more recently than that ffs.

How do you comment the fact that he has won trophy at every club he has worked with?(only without Sampdoria)

No.

Apart from Lazio, about which I've heard he spent a massive amount and left them in a state, his successes prior to that were all a very, very long time ago.

Benfica in the European Cup final (lost it anyway, plus we know as well as any that one cup run does not make a summer... or something) is all well and good but Howard Wilkinson has won the English league more recently than that ffs.

How do you comment the fact that he has won trophy at every club he has worked with?(only without Sampdoria)

It's so long ago it's not even relevant anymore in today's football.

Graeme Souness won trophies at most of his clubs too for the record.

in my opinion, all be it i don't think you will agree after reading this thread, i would put Sven top of the list, above "big sam" or Houllier

I think he had a marvellous record with Benfica and Lazio.

If Eriksson was a nono though, i would go for Houllier, he needs to test himself outside the french league once again and he did quite ell with Liverpool, and i think he could bring the needed boost for NUFC need to be a force again.

Guest Brewcastle

No thank's to the swedish playboy.

Before him, and Allardyce (!) I would prefere a norwegian "potato-farmer": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Arne_Eggen

or a norwegian "steel-worker": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trond_Sollied

Both stands for enjoyable attacking football. But I'll be realistic. It's probably better names out there. But when NUFC did hire Souness, nothing's impossible  :laugh2:.

My first choice is still Ronald Koeman.  

Guest prestonj1989

having sven as the new manager would be the biggest mistake in NUFC history even worse than the Gullit appointment.

Seriously though, since people seem to not want Sven because of what he did for England, this must make Keegan the worst manager ever. Remember this is the man who up against Germany in his last match in charge came up with the ingenius plan of played Gareth Southgate in midfield.