Fat Fred Speaks About Owen Loyalty...................

Guest nufc_geordie

We really need to make a clean break and make sure that we rid ourselves of any players who are here purely for financial reasons and who are not here because they are excited about playing for the club.

So we need to lose most of the first team.

Guest optimistic nit

I just remember that everyone said there was no get out clause in his contract

lied to again it seems

what imbacile puts a get out clause in a players contract for half what he paid for him?

Guest Shotgun Mick

If Newcastle sell Owen for £9million it would make the club even more of a laughing stock. If that is even possible.

Guest Lee-Mus

I'd take 9million.  This is the time for Fat Fred to appoint a proper manager with a good past record and get the team sorted, by firstly getting rid of time wasters like Owen

The hack that did the interview with Fred on SSN now saying Freddy was goign ballistic over this story about Owen going to leave.

Blaming Owens people.

"Freddy dying to get ahold of Owens agent and pinn him against a wall"

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

If Owen wants to leave, let him leave, we can't afford to have players here who don't want to be here apart from financial reasons. If he wants to stay good on him, i think he owes us that much anyway. If he leaves bring in a young striker with a desire to succeed and who would work well with Martins.

The more i think about this deal the more i'm puzzled:

It was always likely he would leave with 2 seasons to go on his deal imo.

He'd be wanting to play CL football at that stage of his career and not even a blind optimist would think we'd be at that level. Especially considering Souness was in charge when he signed.

Ignoring the injury for a minute.

So we buy him for £16M

His wages are £5M per year

An outlay of £26M

An escape clause (allegedll) of £9M

A net loss of £17M

At £500K per place in the table, just what was Owen supposed to do to repay our outlay and how exactly was this in anyway a good deal.

I must have missed something (i'm serious), can someone enlighten me?

Well my stance on getting rid of him ASAP certainly hasn't changed after this one.

£9m?

Well it could be worse, we should sue the FA for the rest, its their fault he didn't play all season and partly their fault we haven't finished in Europe, could they disprove that we wouldn't of got Euro qualifying with him and his goals this season? I think not.

He should sign a new contract for the amount we wasted on the little cunt, but only so we dont lose out on more money, i'm not bothered if he's here or not, i'd rather have the money we paid for him and get someone who can actually make it to a football pitch more than 13 times in two seasons.

There could be something in this, from Owen too not just his "people" . About 2 months ago I heard about a couple of players who have been with us a while slagging Owen off quite aggressively when they were drunk.  I took it as someone bullshitting as I just couldn`t see it myself but maybe he has stated that he doesn`t want to be here or is off as soon as possible.

Guest gggg

Well done Freddy, dont take no shit.  O0

Oh, wait....  its clear he knows Owen is leaving and hes fucked up so hes desperately trying to shift the blame onto Owen.

If it is true that there is a £9m sell on clause, and Owen wants to move on to a more successful club, I'd be really disappointed by the price.  There's no excuse for not putting £20m in that clause, Owen would say he's worth it, a top club would pay it if he's fit enough and we would protect our investment.  I just hope it isn't true.  Tbh I'd understand him leaving and it might even turn out for the best if * enters cloud cuckoo land * we could somehow manage to buy say 2 of Bent/Anelka/Gudjohnsen.  But if he leaves for only £9m........f*** me  :(  then f*** me again  :( :(

Well done Freddy, dont take no shit.  O0

Oh, wait....  its clear he knows Owen is leaving and hes fucked up so hes desperately trying to shift the blame onto Owen.

blueyes.gif

I just remember that everyone said there was no get out clause in his contract

lied to again it seems

what imbacile puts a get out clause in a players contract for half what he paid for him?

Someone who knows that without it, the player will never coem to a club of this size, and who has to gamble on the player working out in order to continue his 'voice of the people/wanting to bring success' mythical personality.

Tell you what, FM get it fuking right everytime, anyone with 07 been able to keep Owen after he returns to play two games for you at the end of the season and wants to move to a bigger club.

;D

'SSN's': Owen's agents wont talk to us about the story.

Says it all really.

Bye Owen, lets hope you take down FS as you leave, if so you become a legend.

No, you've got it wrong.

Owen's people can't talk to SSN because they are currently held in Alan Olivers queue, its a busy day today with representatives of all of the managers in the world wanting to tell AO that they haven't spoken to NUFC, but would be interested in doing so.

They'll be on later this evening

'SSN's': Owen's agents wont talk to us about the story.

Says it all really.

Bye Owen, lets hope you take down FS as you leave, if so you become a legend.

No, you've got it wrong.

Owen's people can't talk to SSN because they are currently held in Alan Olivers queue, its a busy day today with representatives of all of the managers in the world wanting to tell AO that they haven't spoken to NUFC, but would be interested in doing so.

They'll be on later this evening

:lol:

Guest Ezekiel 25:17

I don't really understand how Freddie can agree to have an escape clause of £9m inserted into Owen's contract, but find it objectionable when it becomes public.  If you don't want people to know about it, don't put it in.

Equally, don't insert such a clause if you don't want a player to leave.  I find it surprising that he would object to Owen wishing to move to another club.  The very existence of the clause suggests that Owen stated his intentions very clearly from the outset: should Newcastle fail to qualify for Europe, he would wish to be able to leave for another club, should they offer £9m.  As far as I can see, his intentions haven't changed.  If anything, it appears that our chairman is not playing by the rules he had a hand in laying down when negotiating the contract.

I appreciate why he felt we needed to sign Owen and that he would have to make compromises to entice him here, but he simply can't complain when it doesn't work out the way he had hoped.  And to make it known that Owen has, in effect, hurt his feelings - not to mention saying as much to the press - is, frankly, naive at best and pathetic at worst.

It was always likely that Owen might leave if the club failed to progress whilst he was here - he has no regional loyalty as Shearer did, and the club has actually gone backwards since he joined.

Yes, he has had a series of injuries, but that was always likely to happen - any fool could have deduced that from his past record - Oh Wait - one fool didn't....!

The fee was outrageous, and the only reason he came here & not back to Liverpool, although I DO believe the lad was prepared to give NUFC a chance ; if he hadn't been injured, we may have done better, but not much - there is too much wrong, right the way through the club, and Owen will  know that by now.

He might be torn a bit because of his lack of appearances, but in the end, his desire to perform at the highest level for as long as poss will decide his future.

As usual, the Chairman is ranting away, full of bluster in order to try to disguise the lunacy of allowing a player to put escape clauses in his contract.

I can understand it when it covers relegation, but nothing else - how can you plan the club's future like that ?

The only consolation for supporters would be that a SHREWD manager will use the money from any sale far better than any of the past 3 incumbents would have done - PROVIDED that he is allowed to spend it on the player of his choice....!! That will tell us far more about the new manager than anything else..

Guest Stephen927

If a top four club want him, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be off. The lad has ambitions to play at the highest level possible and win trophies and he's simply not going to be able to do that in a black and white shirt.

From Owen's perspective, I couldn't blame him if he wanted to leave, the foreseeable future at Newcastle United is bleak. There's potential if we get a decent manager but Owen won't want to stay around, he's already spent the best part of 2 seasons on the sidelines and he's not getting any younger.