Alan Oliver

Stevie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monte Carlo or bustMay 11 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

United may or may not like The Chronicle revealing their trip to the principality, but our take is that the supporters will be encouraged that they are taking action to appoint a new manager and strengthen their squad sooner rather than latter.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm 99% sure I'm not regarding the bit in bold.  That is in response to comments on this thread.  When has he EVER, put "United may not like what the Chronicle are reporting" PMSL.  So blatantly in response to this.  As if they give a f*** whether a delegation is in Monaco to speak to a third party gets reported or not.  What difference does it make?  Alan we all know you do as your told, such a pathetic attempt to suggest your anything but a yes man.

*Sigh*

It's not 'giving in', we are breeching copyright by posting it.

So does this mean that no articles that appear in any media outlet can be posted in full on this forum?

How is it breaking copyright if you source the article?

The last sentence of the article :

"And reports today that United are hanging back on Allardyce before seeing if Alan Shearer is interested in replacing Glenn Roeder are simply not correct."

Surely thats a missed opportunity to keep up the "wide of the mark" count!!!

Guest Gemmill

To be fair to Dave, he's not a copyright lawyer.  All he knows is that the site has been asked not to post full copies of Chronicle articles for obvious reasons (by posting the full article here we are depriving their site of hits).

*Sigh*

So does this mean that no articles that appear in any media outlet can be posted in full on this forum?

It's their article, they are entitled to say where it is used. They have complained to us for posting them in full which is fair enough.

I can't fucking believe i'm having all this bollocks yet again. If people want the forum to go, then carry on by all means.

*Sigh*

It's their article, they are entitled to say where it is used. They have complained to us for posting them in full which is fair enough.

I can't f****** believe i'm having all this bollocks yet again. If people want the forum to go, then carry on by all means.

Yes it is their article but once it is published they have no grounds to do anything if you source their work. Don't be such fucking wimps and give in to them ffs.

Greg, I can see where you're coming from, I said the same myself, but if they're complaining, it gives us a much easier life to just do what they ask.

Phil owns and pays for this site so it's up to neither me nor Dave to say what happens with regards stuff like this.

Guest Gemmill

*Sigh*

I can't f****** believe i'm having all this bollocks yet again. If people want the forum to go, then carry on by all means.

Yes it is their article but once it is published they have no grounds to do anything if you source their work. Don't be such fucking wimps and give in to them ffs.

Jesus Christ man, can you not see their reasoning behind not posting their articles on here.  They want people to visit their site, not read them on a third party site.  It's a perfectly reasonable request.

Why do they have to be able to do something about it? They've made a request and we're agreeing to it. I guess it's too hard for people to click on a link to see the full story.

Not going to argue any further about this, take it up with those that own the site. i.e not me.

Guest alex

*Sigh*

Calm down dear :lol:

*Sigh*

Fuck off like. Why do you want to risk the site for not just clicking the link?!

Guest TheOrder

*Sigh*

Fuck off like. Why do you want to risk the site for not just clicking the link?!

Maybe this forum isn't as important to some people, than it is to most people.

Guest Gemmill

FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS PISH 4FS AND CONCENTRATE ON MY ONE MAN CAMPAIGN TO EITHER GET THE CHRONICLE TO GIVE OLIVER'S JOB TO ME, OR SOME CUNT ELSE!

:lol:  Stevie, I would pay a lot of money to see you get Oliver's job.  Imagine the Chronicle billboards around town.

"BIG MATCH PREVIEW:  NUFC V THEM SPURS C*NTS"

"WALLPUSHERS MATCH REPORT"

"TRANSFER LATEST: NUFC LINE UP SOME SPANISH C*NT"