Babayaro/poor/free/30000

Moore/injury prone, wants to go home/free/30000

Emre/flatters to deceive, good on the ball, would be better in spain/5mil/50000

Transfer fees availible - 21mil

Wages availible - £420000 per week

IN

Distin/solid, fast as fook/free/50000

Sidwell/would offer creativity plus a bit more height/free/40000

Bridge/dependable left back and probably would cost less than Shorey or Baines/5mil/50000

Viduka/steady, holds ball up well/free/60000

Young/good price with him going down/4mil/35000

Ben Haim/solid, and on a free/free/40000

Transfer fees - 9mil

Wages - £275000 per week

Net result

12million in the bank for any top player that may become availible in the summer or to pay off some debt

£145000 per week better off in wages (7.5million per year) which will help our wages to turnover ration which is currently above recommended levels 60%+

I believe to be a stronger team

.....................................................................Given/Harper.....................................................................

Young/Nobby................................Taylor/Ben Haim............Distin/Edgar.....................Bridge/Huntington

Milner/Lua Lua...............................Parker/Butt..................Sidwell/Sibierski.................Duff/NZog

................................................Viduka/Martins/Ameobi/Carroll..........................................................

Guest sicko2ndbest

ok i will look out for your results in the championship 2008  :rolleyes:

What so you think this seasons side is stronger

i really don't understand the general love for Viduka on this forum, whats so good about him we can get somebody equally good and younger

Viduka is a decent player, His hold up player is excellent. I'd be more than happy if we can get him on a freebie.

i really don't understand the general love for Viduka on this forum, whats so good about him we can get somebody equally good and younger

Viduka is a decent player, His hold up player is excellent. I'd be more than happy if we can get him on a freebie.

i agree hes a good player but he will be past it soon, i would have him as back up but nothing more

Guest sicko2ndbest

Look at Blackburn, Bolton, Everton - these are the teams we are currently competing with.

We cant afford to keep luxury players who do not make an impact. You tell me one Blackburn, Bolton or Everton player that is on 50000 a week. Maybe Anelka, the others no chance.

We have Dyer, Emre, Owen and you can even put Duff in that category that simply are not worth what we give them.

This team may not be as exciting, but it is definately more solid at the back, more of a opresence in the middle and a better combination up front. Sidwell, Distin and Viduka are all in the Actim top 100 players alongside Milner, Taylor and Martins.

We cant afford to keep luxury players who do not make an impact. You tell me one Blackburn, Bolton or Everton player that is on 50000 a week. Maybe Anelka, the others no chance.

From your first post, you've put down that you would pay Viduka £60k a week and Distin £50k a week  :cheesy:

Guest sicko2ndbest

From your first post, you've put down that you would pay Viduka £60k a week and Distin £50k a week  :cheesy:

Read the bit in bold, You tellin me Distin and Viduka would not make an impact on our team?  :uglystupid2:

Read the bit in bold, You tellin me Distin and Viduka would not make an impact on our team?  :uglystupid2:

Not 60k a week impact, no.

Oh, and you have Ameobi as 3rd striker, and a completely unproven lad as 4th. You ARE aware that Martins is crap more than half of the time so far, and Ameobi is a big steaming pile of Nigerio/Geordie donkey shite, aren't you?

No way in hell we'll get 3mill for Luque, Roeder did a such great job in devaluing an already devalued asset, we'll be lucky to get a set of strips and bag of footballs for him. Mind you we did get Juventus to stump up about the same for Boomsong, so I guess you never know.

Been pissed off all day about the stupidity of the £9mill release clause for Owen, not that I'm particuarily bothered about him being with us more the point that we would be taking such a big hit. But the more I think about it the more I like it, take the 9 mill invest in a younger replacement such as Bent, Nugent, Ahton or my choice Alves and save a net £50k or so on wages.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No way in hell we'll get 3mill for Luque, Roeder did a such great job in devaluing an already devalued asset, we'll be lucky to get a set of strips and bag of footballs for him. Mind you we did get Juventus to stump up about the same for Boomsong, so I guess you never know.

Been pissed off all day about the stupidity of the £9mill release clause for Owen, not that I'm particuarily bothered about him being with us more the point that we would be taking such a big hit. But the more I think about it the more I like it, take the 9 mill invest in a younger replacement such as Bent, Nugent, Ahton or my choice Alves and save a net £50k or so on wages.

That was in my thinking. I think if you added Nugent to that strike force it would look a lot better as he adds a bit of everything.

Oh, and you have Ameobi as 3rd striker, and a completely unproven lad as 4th. You ARE aware that Martins is crap more than half of the time so far, and Ameobi is a big steaming pile of Nigerio/Geordie donkey s****, aren't you?

Would cost that much in wages because of the competition to get him as he is on a free. Pompey want him desperately and i reckon they are giving Sol that so they can afford him plus european footy?

Viduka again on a free would have suitors especially after such a good season.

That was in my thinking. I think if you added Nugent to that strike force it would look a lot better as he adds a bit of everything.

Oh, and you have Ameobi as 3rd striker, and a completely unproven lad as 4th. You ARE aware that Martins is crap more than half of the time so far, and Ameobi is a big steaming pile of Nigerio/Geordie donkey s****, aren't you?

Would cost that much in wages because of the competition to get him as he is on a free. Pompey want him desperately and i reckon they are giving Sol that so they can afford him plus european footy?

Viduka again on a free would have suitors especially after such a good season.

Distin would make a great impact, i'm not at all sure Viduka would. Although having said that, the more i think about it, the more often i remember that the alternative is Ameobi, i'd pay hom whatever the fuck he wants.

No not really. Are you telling me Distin and Ben Haim would be better than Beh Haim and Taylor? And Viduka would make more of an impact that Owen? I think it's you who is a bit ":uglystupid2:"

And still, Viduka and Distin on £60/£50k a week  mackems.gif

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ditin and Taylor would be 1st choice pairing.

Yes i am telling you that because they are both on free transfers that is what they will get. Are they worth it ? No, they would be on 35-40000 a week had we had to pay a transfer fee, but because we dont this is what they will ask for and this is what they will get. Believe me!  :knuppel2:

Yes i am telling you that because they are both on free transfers that is what they will get. Are they worth it ? No, they would be on 35-40000 a week had we had to pay a transfer fee, but because we dont this is what they will ask for and this is what they will get. Believe me!  :knuppel2:

Ben Haim > Distin

And don't be silly. Even FS isn't stupid enough to offer them that.

Ben Haim > Distin

Dyer

Shambles

Babayaro

He's capable of paying ANY old shite too much money.

Ben Haim > Distin

Dyer

Shambles

Babayaro

He's capable of paying ANY old s**** too much money.

But Viduka on £60k? That's a whole new level.

Ben Haim > Distin

Dyer

Shambles

Babayaro

He's capable of paying ANY old s**** too much money.

But Viduka on £60k? That's a whole new level.

Not as bad as Dyer. Third best right winger, fourth best left winger, fuck all end product, £80k a week.

Mind, still - £60k a week for Viduka! Makes my face go pointy.