3rd time lucky for Freddy & United? I think so

Guest Knightrider

What seriously impresses you in that career spanning nearly 30 years?

are you baiting us??? What doesn't impress you??

No. Nearly all of it tbh.

And what DOES impress you about SA's career??

managed to get a club with smaller resources to be regular top halfers using tactical nouse and clever managemnet.

not my first choice (wenger) but a very good realistic choice and we are the experiment to see if allardyce is a long ball merchant or get the best from your squad however merchant.

so the stuff that SGE did at smaller clubs gets ignored, because it doesn't fit your model answer?

I don't want us to be an "experiment", i want a manager who is actually capable.

So in essence, you are sayin SA for what he's achieved at Bolton.....one league cup final, one season of europe.....and we say sven for Gothenberg, Uefa Cup, Benfica CL final, Lazio- title, CWC amongst other things.....you still sure?

What seriously impresses you in that career spanning nearly 30 years?

are you baiting us??? What doesn't impress you??

No. Nearly all of it tbh.

And what DOES impress you about SA's career??

managed to get a club with smaller resources to be regular top halfers using tactical nouse and clever managemnet.

not my first choice (wenger) but a very good realistic choice and we are the experiment to see if allardyce is a long ball merchant or get the best from your squad however merchant.

This. (Only written when sober.  ;))

So in essence, you are sayin SA for what he's achieved at Bolton.....one league cup final, one season of europe.....and we say sven for Gothenberg, Uefa Cup, Benfica CL final, Lazio- title, CWC amongst other things.....you still sure?

Yep. 100%.  O0

lol, then in essense he got Celtic to the CL final and Rangers to the UEFA cup final.....he achieved what Rnieri couldnt do at england and What Jose is doing in england and has won minor cups with teams like fior, roma pretty much cosistetly throughout his career.

Yep. 100%.  O0

:lol: :lol: Well done. You are brilliant evidence of the kind of fan that deserves the likes of Souness and Roeder.

Why, bearing in mind the actual facts of achievement, would you rather have Fat Heed?

sven has done it when he has had the best resources,he wont have them here...look at his time at fiorentina and sampdoria.

And the Scandawog stuff?

And what exactly has SA achieved? I'll give you a clue - fuck all, and no other PL club has wanted him.

Yep. 100%.  O0

:lol: :lol: Well done. You are brilliant evidence of the kind of fan that deserves the likes of Souness and Roeder.

Why, bearing in mind the actual facts of achievement, would you rather have Fat Heed?

Given a straight choice between Allardyce and SGE for NUFC right now - I'd choose Allardyce every time.

The club needs an entire overhaul and dragged into the 21st century. I think Allardyce can do this and SGE can't. I may be right or I may be wrong. If you think SGE would be a better choice  - fine. That's up to you.

My money's on the big man. Don't like it? Tough shit.  :lol:

Yep. 100%.  O0

yeh, and please dont say the structure he will bring. This structure thing is being over romantiscised. yes it needs to be done, but te new strucutre thing has only become a recent developement in the english game, (Chelsea, Tottenham Bolton...) whos to say that sven wont do the same.

lol, then in essense he got Celtic to the CL final and Rangers to the UEFA cup final.....he achieved what Rnieri couldnt do at england and What Jose is doing in england and has won minor cups with teams like fior, roma pretty much cosistetly throughout his career.

uefa cup final,aye it would be nice but hardly proves much(steve mclaren)

Yep. 100%.  O0

Given a straight choice between Allardyce and SGE for NUFC right now - I'd choose Allardyce every time.

The club needs an entire overhaul and dragged into the 21st century. I think Allardyce can do this and SGE can't. I may be right or I may be wrong. If you think SGE would be a better choice  - fine. That's up to you.

Come on, then. What are YOUR targets/milestones. So far, SA fans seem to duck the question,as if in admission that he won't actually do anything quantifiable.

uefa cup final,aye it would be nice but hardly proves much(steve mclaren)

the scandinavian stuff???????

Yep. 100%.  O0

My money's on the big man. Don't like it? Tough s***.  :lol:

fair point, everyones entitled to there opinions, even if the are wrong, which yours are!! My overall opinion is that i think SA might well do a good jo,and as a nufc fan ill stand by him, just like i stood by roeder and souness, but i m honestly disheartend by the fact the club has already tripped up at the first hurdle by not showing the type of ambitions this club deserves and lookin for the right appointment, just like liverpool did, just lk arsenal did.

Yep. 100%.  O0

Come on, then. What are YOUR targets/milestones. So far, SA fans seem to duck the question,as if in admission that he won't actually do anything quantifiable.

uefa via the legue (TARGET)

thought you'd have done better than sven NM

Yep. 100%.  O0

Winning more points in the league each season. Losing fewer games and conceding fewer goals. More points away from home. There's 4.

Cups are difficult to judge due to the pure randomness of the opposition you may or may not face. Although a canny run in either domestic cup would be nice like... :thup:

Yep. 100%.  O0

I wouldn't say he's my favoutie choice. It was just a comparison thing.

Timescale for UEFA via the league? And is that the ONLY target you have? If so, please never work in any kind of business improvement/director capacity. No firm deserves that (except Vaux).

Guest Bolton_fan

Yep. 100%.  O0

fair point, everyones entitled to there opinions, even if the are wrong, which yours are!! My overall opinion is that i think SA might well do a good jo,and as a nufc fan ill stand by him, just like i stood by roeder and souness, but i m honestly disheartend by the fact the club has already tripped up at the first hurdle by not showing the type of ambitions this club deserves and lookin for the right appointment, just like liverpool did, just lk arsenal did.

Not a lot of people knew who Wenger was before he came to Arsenal. Some Arsenal fans were questioning if he was the right man for the job, but look how wrong they were.

And how many good managers are out there now? Free agents, I mean. There's not a lot to choose from.

Nobody knows if Sam will do well here, so you really can't say if someone's wrong or right. Time will tell.

Yep. 100%.  O0

Winning more points in the league each season. Losing fewer games and conceding fewer goals. More points away from home. There's 4.

Cups are difficult to judge due to the pure randomness of the opposition you may or may not face. Although a canny run in either domestic cup would be nice like... :thup:

SA - the ideal man for conceding fewer goals!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!11111

Guest Bolton_fan

Yep. 100%.  O0

SA - the ideal man for conceding fewer goals!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!11111

Ssssshhhhh..... don't mention our goal difference. :lol:

Yep. 100%.  O0

That's the thing though. You won't give him a chance or get behind him 100% because deep down you want someone else in charge. Which is only due to basic human nature. There will always be that thought in the back of your mind that you never wanted him to get the job and wouldn't mind seeing him replaced.

Hand on heart I was the same with Souness. Never wanted him to start with but gave him the chance to prove me wrong. He couldn't and I ended up hating the bloke. It's only natural.

Yep. 100%.  O0

Not a lot of people knew who Wenger was before he came to Arsenal. Some Arsenal fans were questioning if he was the right man for the job, but look how wrong they were.

And how many good managers are out there now? Free agents, I mean. There's not a lot to choose from.

Nobody knows if Sam will do well here, so you really can't say if someone's wrong or right. Time will tell.

The thing is, is that Arsenal have such a competent board, David Dein knew what he was lookin for and in wengerhe found it. Dvid dein had the future of the club at heart, not the present. and he pulled it off, if our board was as comptent as arsenals i'd support who they appionted as well. to be fair to him, he achieved everywhere he went, even though he was at minor leagues.

Yep. 100%.  O0

Ssssshhhhh..... don't mention our goal difference. :lol:

no, no, he's the man to improve us/sort things out/take us to 4th/turn water into wine...... :lol:

Yep. 100%.  O0

I wouldn't say he's my favoutie choice. It was just a comparison thing.

Timescale for UEFA via the league? And is that the ONLY target you have? If so, please never work in any kind of business improvement/director capacity. No firm deserves that (except Vaux).

timescale....1 year.........and now you'll go shouting around that i want him sacked if we don't get it.that should be next seasons minimum target,which if not reached needs the resons examined and then decisions made,on the back of whatever happens next seasonyou make targets thereafter.thats football planning,business planning is totally different.