Sam: All quiet on the BBC allegations?

GM

Couldn't care less if he took bungs and still takes bungs, as long as he wins us matches i'll be happy.

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day all I care about is what I see on the pitch and the results. If they are both satisfying I don't care what's going on behind the scenes.

So you'd effectively cheat and break the law to win a game of football?

Sad man imo.

If you think all the other clubs are 100% legit then you are very naive. I'd wager that atleast 15 out of the 20 Premiership clubs have done atleast one dodgy deal in the past 5 years.

All but 4 (IIRC) got cleared in that reports didn't they?

Of taking bungs yes, however that only went 2 years back. Also by dodgy deal I meant things like secret meetings with players under contract and illegal contact through agents as well as bungs.

You are just speculating now to try and win an argument, i could make up stuff too but it would be pointless tbh.

I think it was shown perfectly on the BBC thing with Porritt. Tapped up by 3 clubs and Middlesbrough didn't do a thing. Ashley Cole the other year as well. I think it is pretty obviousd it goes on.

Win games, get results and have half our points taken away due to some dodgy dealings. Would be quality!

As West Ham showed you can get away with virtually anything these days and not have pionts taken away.

Ok then, win games, get results and be fined £5.5m.

I'd be fine with that. £5.5 million is nothing in todays game, maybe one decent player.

No pride have you?  :lol:

If I wasn't a Newcastle fan I would rather support a winning team who lack any morals like Chelsea than a team like Wigan who would never do anything wrong but will always be a mid-table club.

Couldn't care less if he took bungs and still takes bungs, as long as he wins us matches i'll be happy.

At the end of the day all I care about is what I see on the pitch and the results. If they are both satisfying I don't care what's going on behind the scenes.

Sad man imo.

If you think all the other clubs are 100% legit then you are very naive. I'd wager that atleast 15 out of the 20 Premiership clubs have done atleast one dodgy deal in the past 5 years.

Of taking bungs yes, however that only went 2 years back. Also by dodgy deal I meant things like secret meetings with players under contract and illegal contact through agents as well as bungs.

You are just speculating now to try and win an argument, i could make up stuff too but it would be pointless tbh.

I think it was shown perfectly on the BBC thing with Porritt. Tapped up by 3 clubs and Middlesbrough didn't do a thing. Ashley Cole the other year as well. I think it is pretty obviousd it goes on.

15 out of 20 clubs though?

That's 2 incidents you can call out, it goes on, but when money is involved that takes it too another level, and i as a football fan nevermind a NUFC fan would never want my club to do business that way.

Its ridiculous to say otherwise.

Win games, get results and have half our points taken away due to some dodgy dealings. Would be quality!

As West Ham showed you can get away with virtually anything these days and not have pionts taken away.

I'd be fine with that. £5.5 million is nothing in todays game, maybe one decent player.

If I wasn't a Newcastle fan I would rather support a winning team who lack any morals like Chelsea than a team like Wigan who would never do anything wrong but will always be a mid-table club.

I've been thinking int his thread that you support the wrong team tbh, but didn't want to level that you as i thought it was a bit harsh, but i certainly think you'd be better off elsewhere, manu or Chelsea perhaps?

I've been thinking int his thread that you support the wrong team tbh, but didn't want to level that you as i thought it was a bit harsh, but i certainly think you'd be better off elsewhere, manu or Chelsea perhaps?

To be honest we aren't exactly whiter than white are we. You only have to look at that VAT case the other month to see we are paying obscene amounts to agents time after time.

To be honest we aren't exactly whiter than white are we. You only have to look at that VAT case the other month to see we are paying obscene amounts to agents time after time.

Everyone was/is in the same boat there, we were used as a test case and we passed didn't we? In fact didn't the FA put us up for this as we had the best kept books (and was the only reason we went up for it)?

James/T27 can confirm or deny this, am sure he reported it.

Sad man imo.

That's 2 incidents you can call out, it goes on, but when money is involved that takes it too another level, and i as a football fan nevermind a NUFC fan would never want my club to do business that way.

In an ideal world I wouldn't want my club to do business that way but at the end of the day that is the road football has gone down and unless you kick agents out of the game it's not going to change.

Sad man imo.

In an ideal world I wouldn't want my club to do business that way but at the end of the day that is the road football has gone down and unless you kick agents out of the game it's not going to change.

Not true, unless we kick people like you out of the game with daft opinions on the matter then it will continue.

Sorry to be harsh like, but it is people like you (and when someone with your opinion hits board, player, coach, manager or agent level, thats hwne they rules get broken) who entertain any level of foul play as acceptable who are ruining the game, not agents, most agents provide a service which is invaluable to a player, most agents deal at lower level and to get a contract down there is tough, and they are needed for players to showcase their talents and get a contract to survive in football.

Shepherd's an arsehole but I've always felt that he keeps his ear to the ground on shit like this. Don't think he'd be thick enough to hand him a £12m 4-year contract if he was going to be charged with anything.

Plus if he hasn't been charged yet, how substantial is the evidence against him? Must be pretty tenuous.  :undecided:

Shepherd's an arsehole but I've always felt that he keeps his ear to the ground on shit like this. Don't think he'd be thick enough to hand him a £12m 4-year contract if he was going to be charged with anything.

Plus if he hasn't been charged yet, how substantial is the evidence against him? Must be pretty tenuous.  :undecided:

I'd imaging most of the evidence points towards his son, who's now in Spain trying his luck as a property developer.

He's more than likely got away with it, whether he was intentionally shielded by his son all along and now has been found out it all stops and Sam keeps his reputation intact i do not know, but for my personal opinion it seems that way, lets just hope he'll not be doing that again, he shouldn't really need to now either as he'll have better options to sign at Newcastle.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Texasmag

Didn't know where to put this. Just found it on the BBC website. Wonder who it is, if it's not an agent.

Link

Didn't know where to put this. Just found it on the BBC website. Wonder who it is, if it's not an agent.

Link

How olds Mackay?

SSN were saying that the police have confirmed the person involved is not a football agent.  Would guess that indicates an owner/chairman/director.

Uh huh.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note, I'd like to wish current Manchester United life-president, and former chairman, Martin Edwards a happy 62nd birthday. I know I'm a little early - 6 and a half weeks or so - but who knows, I might forget in the mean time.

Many happy returns, you bent cunt :laugh:

Uh huh.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated note, I'd like to wish current Manchester United life-president, and former chairman, Martin Edwards a happy 62nd birthday. I know I'm a little early - 6 and a half weeks or so - but who knows, I might forget in the mean time.

Many happy returns, you bent c*** :laugh:

fingers crossed,lots of rumours about him,not just finacially