Best & Worst Premier League signings XI.

Optimistic Nut

What's wrong with Lee at Boro??

Was basically bought for peanuts, raised revenue at Boro and played a handful of decent games..nothing great but nothing to warrant as a worst signing

He's been absolutely abysmal.

Shevchenko was the worst signing by a mile. £30m for a striker who scored less than John O'shea and Marlon King who's been out all season.

Shevchenko - League Goals 4. Other Comps (Excl C.Shield) 9.

O'Shea - League Goals 4. Other Comps 1.

King - League Goals 4.

Not really all that precise are you? I'm not saying anything about how good Sheva is because no-one would say he'd had a good seaosn... but get your facts right boy.

Can't be arsed thinking of an XI

Best keeper- James (originally put someone else, forgot about James who has been excellent and on a free too)

Worst keeper- Lastukva (he's played more than the one game unlike Padelli)

Best defender- Lescott (sheer class)

Worst defender- Diawara (one of the worst centre halves I've seen for years, wears gloves in the summer as well)

Best midfielder- I'm struggling here... Fernandes & Mascherano only came good late on and Carrick was grossly overpriced

Worst midfielder- Petrov (big let down for a big price tag)

Best striker- Berbatov (excellent footballer, not just a good striker)

Worst striker- Shevchenko (should have signed Hulse for £1m tbh)

Guest Guinness

Purely from a financial perspective Shevchenko has to be the worst signing. In terms of talent Corradi has looked completely hopeless every time I've seen him play.

Guest Steven_MB

I still am not sure If Berbatov is everything he's cracked up to be, sure there are some awesome goals, but he is playing with great midfield support, and still only scored less thatn 1 in 3 games, martins scored about the same in the premiership, with far worse player behind him, and tevez has only been good recently, shit to begin with, and  we must expect something from an argentine international surely?

I still am not sure If Berbatov is everything he's cracked up to be, sure there are some awesome goals, but he is playing with great midfield support, and still only scored less thatn 1 in 3 games, martins scored about the same in the premiership, with far worse player behind him, and tevez has only been good recently, s*** to begin with, and  we must expect something from an argentine international surely?

You're forgetting that both of them have very good all round games and contribute more than goals to a team unlike Martins and players of his ilk

Guest gggg

Shevchenko was the worst signing by a mile. £30m for a striker who scored less than John O'shea and Marlon King who's been out all season.

King - League Goals 4.

Not really all that precise are you? I'm not saying anything about how good Sheva is because no-one would say he'd had a good seaosn... but get your facts right boy.

Alright he scored the same as John O'shea and Marlon King who was out all season. Whoppy doo, give him a medal.

What other comps have to do with the Premier League I dont know.

I must admit I wasn't convined with Berbatov early in the season when he struggled in certain matches, but I have to agree he's been a top signing for Spurs. McCarthy is basically Blackburn's Martins: looks shit half the time but scores goals.

What's wrong with Lee at Boro??

Was basically bought for peanuts, raised revenue at Boro and played a handful of decent games..nothing great but nothing to warrant as a worst signing

He's been absolutely abysmal.

abysmal is a harsh word. I don't think he's played enough to warrant such judgement and criticism. definitely not a worst signing imo

King - League Goals 4.

Alright he scored the same as John O'shea and Marlon King who was out all season. Whoppy doo, give him a medal.

What other comps have to do with the Premier League I dont know.

then you're not the brightest are you.

And in terms of keeping West Ham in the league, would you not consider him a good signing?

What's ironic is that had the two Argentinians not been brought in, West Ham would probably have had a better season.