Dyer in Seventh Heaven

Guest smoggeordie

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

I know its been quoted a few times already, but this really made me laugh  :laugh: :D mackems.gif

Guest Guinness

Dyer doesn't convince me, the fact that 7 goals is his best tally backs this up. Over the last couple of seasons we've seriously lacked goals form midfield, I think we'd really benefit from a player in the mould of Cahill or Nolan.

Guest smoggeordie

if it wasn't for Dyer we would never have seen Bellamy score that goal in Feyenoord

If it wasn't for Dyer we wouldn't have conceded the second.

When people were saying Martins has been a passenger in a few matches this season, they were right, but this knob-end has actually been a negative influence at times this season he's been that shit and half-arsed.

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

Hahahaahahahah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emile Heskey, Phil Neville, Jenas......

And how many games did Emile Heskey play for England ??? Why doesn't he play anymore ???

Jenas and Phil are NOT average footballers...Neither is Dyer...

And how many games did Emile Heskey play for England ??? Why doesn't he play anymore ???

Plenty. 43 appearances.

Depends on your perspective. Of course they aren't average footballers. Any professional footballer, by definition isnt average. Play against a pro from the conference to the lower leagues and they will run rings around you. Whether they are average Premiership footballers is another debate. Personally I dont think any of them are average at that level either. Not outstanding. In fact some way from it but better than average, certainly.

People tend to concentrate on what they cant do rather than what they can.

Dyer is a good footballer who has no natural position, and whichever position you put him in, he has some sort of weakness that makes him unsuitable for said position.

- Has no distribution so unsuitable for central midfield.

- Dislikes playing out wide, wants to be "involved" so drifts out of position, cannot cross, doesnt know how to play as either a direct winger or a free role wide attacker, all making him unsuitable as a winger.

- Has no range of finishing (can only pass it into the net), drops extremely deep to pick the ball up isolating his strike partner, has no attacking instincts, is rarely on the end of a cross. In short, hes never a forward.

Good player, and we shouldnt be getting rid of our better ones as hes another "talented" player who when on form sets us apart from the other mid table and below no-hopers, but on top of not having a position in the team, hes also a crock with a poor attitude and on massive wages. Ged rid.

Top post tmonkey - I thought I'd quote it so it can live again :lol:

I suppose Dyer is staring to 'Mature' now..at aged 28 !!???

Gave up on this guy years ago - remember his outburst at Boro, the armband fiasco, refusal to play wide for SBR ??? And 7 goals makes this OK ?? Give me a break.....

And as for 'Average players not playing for the National side" - as someone said, what about the likes of Palmer ? England ARE an average side by World standards, and have been badly-managed to boot.