Dyer in Seventh Heaven

Guest smoggeordie

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

:lol: Do i even have to try and argue back against this statement?

Please do so...I wanna read it...I really do...

Sibierski scored 8 goals this season. Give him a new 3 year contract. £80,000 a week.

Dyer is not good enough. I agree that some people on here have unrealistic expectations in the short term, and we definitely have players who are under performing but are good enough. Dyer is not one of them though. He has never done anything to justify all the hype he gets. All he has is pace. He might be good enough for a mid table team, but thats not where we want to be and thats exactly the reason Roeder is no longer our manager. If you don't want to be one of the teams who just make up the numbers in the Premiership then you have to get rid of the average players who don't perform and thats exactly what Dyer is.

Dyer is NOT an average player...Average players don't play for your national team...

Jenas, Phill Neville etc

Jenas is NOT an average player...Did you watch Kean's goal against Man City ? Did you see that volley...That was PES 6 stuff man...

:lol:

Nah i can't even be arsed with it. It was ridiculous statement to make though. I take it you've never heard of Michael Gray, Steve Froggatt, Steve Guppy, Alan Thompson...

Nah i can't even be arsed with it. It was ridiculous statement to make though. I take it you've never heard of Michael Gray, Steve Froggatt, Steve Guppy, Alan Thompson...

No I havn't but why mention those ?

Who are the average England players in your opinion ?

No I havn't but why mention those ?

Who are the average England players in your opinion ?

Go and find a skip, preferably one with a lid on and sit in the fucker for a few hours mate.

Ricketts, Powell, etc...

How many games Ricketts got anyway ? Not many as I remember and I don't think he played that many minutes against strong teams anyway...BTW Ricketts was playing alright when he was asked to join the national team so you have to give players their chances if they are doing better than expected  for their clubs...

I wouldn't think any of the current first XI are average players at all...

The players he mentioned are average players that have played for England.

And for how many games ??? During the world cup too ???

Who are those England national teams players who have been capped for 20+ and you consider them still average ??? I am really interested :lol:

The players he mentioned are average players that have played for England.

And for how many games ??? During the world cup too ???

Who are those England national teams players who have been capped for 20+ and you consider them still average ??? I am really interested :lol:

Sewpa Kev?

Ray Parlour.

Craig Hope's posts on here back in the day had more sway than the absolute shit he writes on that site.

What was it last week, record number of penalty takers in a season? WOW!

To be fair, a man has got to make a living. It was obvious that he sought a career in Newcastle sports journalism, and to get half far in that field, you have to follow a certain line.

Phill Neville

That's why he is Manchester United's captain and has been playing for Alex Furgison for how many years now ??? I'll let you answer these questions...

Are you getting your Nevilles mixed up?

Opps sorry...OK yes...Phill we are talking about here...Well he is not one of the England XI is he ?

Neither is Dyer.

And I should have added that I don't think Phill is an average player either...He has been doing great for Everton...

Also I think Dyer when fit and available for selection, would have a better chance of getting some playing time with England than Phill, don't you think ?

Dyer is a good footballer who has no natural position, and whichever position you put him in, he has some sort of weakness that makes him unsuitable for said position.

- Has no distribution so unsuitable for central midfield.

- Dislikes playing out wide, wants to be "involved" so drifts out of position, cannot cross, doesnt know how to play as either a direct winger or a free role wide attacker, all making him unsuitable as a winger.

- Has no range of finishing (can only pass it into the net), drops extremely deep to pick the ball up isolating his strike partner, has no attacking instincts, is rarely on the end of a cross. In short, hes never a forward.

Good player, and we shouldnt be getting rid of our better ones as hes another "talented" player who when on form sets us apart from the other mid table and below no-hopers, but on top of not having a position in the team, hes also a crock with a poor attitude and on massive wages. Ged rid.

I don't know about Dyer. During our all-too-brief mid season resurgence, he was our best player by far. You can't really blame him for going completely anonymous after Alkmar, as everyone else on the squad not named Milner has managed to do the same as well.

Yes, I do think he's a weak-willed, selfish, petulant kid, but he's also bloody talented when he cares and he's not getting mopey.

No one's going to buy him anyway, so might as well give him another shot next season. If the rest of the team is playing good, he'll be a class player. If not... Wooosh

there's a difference between anoynous and 'can't be arsed'

And i'm very soft on players.  I've stood by the likes of Robert, Kluivert and Dyer for a long time.  But every game since the chelsea one, Dyer has looked like a complacent, lazy, dick. I didnt join in with the chants, but i agreed

Hahahaahahahah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emile Heskey, Phil Neville, Jenas......