Allardyce confirmed as Newcastle manager - 3 year deal.

Paully

I left college at lunch with some mates just to watch the press conference on SSN for 1pm and I just sat there smiling like a small child.

I feel really positive about our future and although we know it'll take time, I have all the patience in the world whilst watching us get our off-field infrastructure sorted out. Even if we don't spend big on players this summer, I'd be happy knowing the fact we're spending good money on getting the correct staff in and ensuring we get the best out of our players.

I raised my packet of Scampi Fries to the sky and smiled with joy, good luck Sam! we're with ya! :D

I'm loving this appointment. However it really does show what terrible condition this club was in when a new manager basically states that he has to change just about everything behind the scenes as well as the playing staff. What the hell were Souness and Roeder actually doing?

Sam Allardyce is gonna Windows Vista everyones ass.

More like he is gonna Linux everyones ass :lol: (f*** Vista)

i feel very excited...

i don't care if we become the most hated team in this premiership league as long as we win...

i don't care if we playing as boring as fuck...  as long as we win...

there is the one & only NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB... and we will rulez!

yeah nice piece in the guardian.

Very happy to also see the board ARE going to let him bring in ALL the staff he needs.

Dont think the Gary Speed name dropping today will be coincidental either, well I hope not, the sooner we get him back the better, will certainly be a snidy sweetner for all the fans unsure of big sam aswell!

We're not goign to be challenging for 4th next season, and to be honest, i think we'll not get into the UEFA places next year either by the end of the season.

Disappointed in the appointment, really.

However, Allardyce should get all of our support, as he tries to prove himself. In my mind, it should only be a few months before his intentions are clear, hsi attitudes come out, and the existence or otherwise of a long-term plan, etc, is clear. After that point, we'll be able to see whether or not he deserves full support.

WOW that's some achievement already. 2 months grace of support from NM (although I'll believe it when I see it) before he's declared the worst manager in the league. Is that 2 months starting from now, or the start of the season?

Woudl you rather i declared that solely because he was manager of NUFC, he should get 100% support no matter what he did, or that he was GUARANTEED to get us to 4th next season?

Sorry for being realistic, like. Just a habit of mine. But you get down on your kneed and start sucking him off if thats the sort of thing you like. Me, i'll support the man and see how things go.

Guest Ridzuan

He made a good point during his speech when he says that he hopes the fan should be more patient at times.Whatever it is,he will get my full support.Im glad that everything is over and he will get to do the job very early on before the start of the new season and hopefully,he will be here for a long time and bringing success to the club at the same time.

Guest smoggeordie

He made a good point during his speech when he says that he hopes the fan should be more patient at times.Whatever it is,he will get my full support.Im glad that everything is over and he will get to do the job very early on before the start of the new season and hopefully,he will be here for a long time and bringing success to the club at the same time.

:thup:

Guest puretoon

We're both really pleased Sam's here and watching the press conference yesterday, we both had the 'feel good' factor that we've not felt for years! There's a really positive feeling he's brought and for once, it seems we may have the right bloke for the job.

We're both really pleased Sam's here and watching the press conference yesterday, we both had the 'feel good' factor that we've not felt for years! There's a really positive feeling he's brought and for once, it seems we may have the right bloke for the job.

I felt that 'feel good' factor when Souness was appointed and felt it even more intesely when Roeder was appointed

NOT

Anyone finding it hard to adjust to the fact that Allardyce is our manager? I've just called him Big Sam for the first time, while writing "Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce" just feels ethereal.

Guest makemeacupoftea

yeh james it's weird like, wouldn't have thought it a couple of months ago!

Due to the timing, I dont think I'm going to get used to it until the season starts. Our first fixture will be surreal, Sam Allardyce sat next to Shepherd with the microphone, and a few new faces we never eventhought of out on the pitch.