Sam Allardyce press conference - the gist of it

Guest Knightrider

Guest Stephen927

I am so pleased he's signed, now hopefully a few of the slackers will either get their arses in gear or find another club. I can't see Sam taking any crap from the likes of Babayaro or Carr.

Im very impressed with what he said.

Especially the one where he mentioned that the team spirit must be high and without it you cant achieve anything

Also that everybody at nufc must be like one big family all working for the best of nufc O0

This man knows what he is doing and im sure that his influence with the team and the club will be immediate.

GOOD LUCK BIG SAM O0 O0

I am so pleased he's signed, now hopefully a few of the slackers will either get their arses in gear or find another club. I can't see Sam taking any crap from the likes of Babayaro or Carr.

Yeah hopefully Sam will crush the Irish Mafia in the club :lol:

Under the title of cautiously optimistic at the moment. I'm not going to forget that we are at a club where ANYTHING can happen.

Known our luck Sam and Freddy will have a bust up.

Harper and Taylor interviews also up on the BBC website. Harper talks about getting rid of the players who are causing problems and don't want to be here. I wonder how long this has been going on for. None of the players came out and even hinted that any of their team-mates want to leave when he was here (although it was obvious to the fans a couple of players want away). Now all of a sudden we have Butt, Given, Harper and Taylor admitting there is problems in the dressing room.

Guest Toon83

Harper and Taylor interviews also up on the BBC website. Harper talks about getting rid of the players who are causing problems and don't want to be here. I wonder how long this has been going on for. None of the players came out and even hinted that any of their team-mates want to leave when he was here (although it was obvious to the fans a couple of players want away). Now all of a sudden we have Butt, Given, Harper and Taylor admitting there is problems in the dressing room.

you got a link for the Taylor interview?

I think that Roeder lost the dressing room totally at the end.Especially after the AZ game.

Getting respect from the players isn't about asking them for it or forcing them to give you it. Keegan had respect because of what he did as a player, SBR had respect because at the time he was a GREAT manager. I also think that because of the big personality, Sam will have the same respect when he walks into the changing room.

Can't see alot of players going behind his back to the media or walking out on him but for all the right reasons.

Guest Knightrider

Respect has nothing to do with reputation or being a great manager, but is down to trust and communication. Admittedly being a former great player like KK helps or a great manager like SBR was, but long-term trust and communication is the key and if you lack those things being a former great player or a great manager will not help you gain the respect of someone or win it back. Anyway this is one area I'm sure Big Sam will have no problems in whatsoever.

Managers get respected when the prove that they can do their job -i.e manage the players, manage the game situations.  When GR started to loose the plot and ran out of ideas, then he lost the team.

Had he had plans for team tactics and game strategies then he would have stayed in the job - but once his game plan dissolved into "blame the players for not scoring, not defending, not playing etc" then his position was undermined.

I don't think Harper's a particularly brilliant keeper, and he's certainly deteriorated playing-wise - but for me, he does come across as someone who is vital to a good dressing room. On the few occassions that i have heard him speak to the media, whether it be on Look North or Newcastle World or whatever, he comes across as a stand up guy and speaks very, very well. I know - the old Geordie cliche, i'm not a fan of it - but Harper is someone who has been here for his entire career and he does know what it is all about.

I reckon he'd be one of those crucial factors of Sam's bedding in, simply because of who he is.

Harper when he justs realises that he said he wants a few team mates out mackems.gif

;D hehe yeah bit silly....but i guess not....

So funny because he is right, but it's just one of the things you can't really say.

Harper when he justs realises that he said he wants a few team mates out mackems.gif

So funny because he is right, but it's just one of the things you can't really say.

Why?

Why?

Don't get me wrong, we all agree and he's 100% right, but you don't slag your team mates off to the media.

Why?

Don't get me wrong, we all agree and he's 100% right, but you don't slag your team mates off to the media.

To be fair though it must be pretty bad if you get the likes of Given, Harper and Butt coming out and saying that sort of stuff. They are all good pro's and aren't ones to come out in the media and cause shite.