nufc.com

lovejoy

How bad is the editing in those Talking Heeds videos, fucking shocking as is the whole thing

The best part is those little 2 second cuts of someone shakily panning over the back page of the Chronicle.  The name Michael Owen gets mentioned, and then you see a picture of him shaking around on the screen for a split second.

After their recent knockage of online polls and suchlike, I couldn't help but smirk at this:

Madness - response

We'll keep this brief: Premier League clubs are considering adding an extra 39th game to each club's league season - and play that fixture outside of the UK, for the benefit of the "overseas audience". read their propaganda here

If you're as appalled as we are, make your voice heard by emailing the Premier League here and voting in the Football Supporters Federation online poll here

i don't see the problem.  they've done such things before

I agree with their stance, but what I said wasn't about that, just found it funny that they go from saying this:

"Try seeing past brain dead Vox Pops or meaningless online polls as spurious evidence that the lies you pen have any basis in local opinion."

To advocating said meaningless online polls a week later when it suits their cause.

C'mon though, we're talking about polls in the sun designed solely to antagonise, often costing money to register your vote and meaning absolutely fuck all, compared to either a direct email or a poll organised by a supporters right group that will be communicated to the FA / Prem League as evidence of fans opinions... I think they are a bit different, not that they'll take any notice. Bastard Premier League

C'mon though, we're talking about polls in the sun designed solely to antagonise, often costing money to register your vote and meaning absolutely fuck all, compared to either a direct email or a poll organised by a supporters right group that will be communicated to the FA / Prem League as evidence of fans opinions... I think they are a bit different, not that they'll take any notice. Bastard Premier League

Aye, so meaningless then :razz:

i don't see the problem.  they've done such things before

I agree with their stance, but what I said wasn't about that, just found it funny that they go from saying this:

"Try seeing past brain dead Vox Pops or meaningless online polls as spurious evidence that the lies you pen have any basis in local opinion."

To advocating said meaningless online polls a week later when it suits their cause.

Highlights their hypocrisy. Again. They're so far up their own arses it's untrue.

• 1 month later...

I fail to see why they have such a chip on their shoulder when it comes to this:

Following their semi-final success and ahead of their league game against us, the world is full of tales about how it all worked out grand for 'Arry, after he told the Geordies to shove their job where the sun don't shine......

We wrote at the time that this was incorrect - as did other sources - but that fact doesn't seem to fit in to the popular view of what people would like the truth to be.

Let's return to the specific question Newcastle Chairman Chris Mort was asked in early February:

Q: Was Harry Redknapp offered the manager's job at Newcastle United?

A: NO.

He was interviewed for the job but was only one of a number of people we were speaking to at that time.

Let's just nail this down once and for all:

Redknapp suggested as possible candidate, agrees to meet to discuss vacancy, is removed from the list of candidates after that meeting, then goes on Sky Sports News with the Portsmouth Chairman to say:

"I've had a great offer, to manage a fantastic club like Newcastle. It was a terrific opportunity...But I'm happy here...this is where I enjoy being, this is my club, it would be too big a wrench to leave here."

Since when did thanks, but no thanks constitute an offer - great or otherwise?

So everybody's happy: Pompey are in the FA Cup Final and 'Arry stayed put in 'Ampshire - not having been offered the chance to go anywhere else. Thankfully.

The club was in absolute shambles around that time and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did offer Harry the job.  Surely this is a case of Cockney hatred gone way too far?  And besides, their case is basically "Well Mort said he didn't but Harry said he did, so let's just pick what we want to be true and say that it actually is!"

They've always disliked Redknapp so I'm not too surprised.

The "Interviewing lots of people" sounded like BS at the time but as a question of whether you take Mort's word against Redknapp's I'd tend to side with Mort as well.

I'd also add that Keegan's comments about when he was approached support Mort.

Didn't Keegan say he was approached on the Thursday and said he wanted to talk personally to Mike Ashley - so he wasn't "interviewed" until the Wednesday after. That would put paid to any talk of Redknapp being offered the job on the Friday.  Then Redknapp got the Portsmouth chairman to pay him a "loyalty" bonus of 2 or 3 million to stay (allegedly).

Anyway thank feck we never got him.

Didn't Keegan say he was approached on the Thursday and said he wanted to talk personally to Mike Ashley - so he wasn't "interviewed" until the Wednesday after. That would put paid to any talk of Redknapp being offered the job on the Friday.  Then Redknapp got the Portsmouth chairman to pay him a "loyalty" bonus of 2 or 3 million to stay (allegedly).

You say yourself that Keegan wanted to talk personally to Ashley.

Maybe Redknapp didn't, Mort could easily have offered him the job without Ashley, it's his job afterall - to chair the football club.

They're so far up their own arses it's untrue.

I'd rather be up their (collective) arse, than yours.

AFAIC, they do a great job, and I value their opinions (whether I agree with them or not).  When you put their comments next to those by people that seem to be quite content posting their ill conceived s*** all over this board (see the How long does Keegan get thread for one example), the fact that people can slag the nufc.com lads off is a joke.

Twitcher was obviously on a list of 'possibility's' if the Keegan offer fell through, he made a few bob out of it in the process. 

(all my up my own arse opinion, of course)

They're so far up their own arses it's untrue.

I'd rather be up their (collective) arse, than yours.

AFAIC, they do a great job, and I value their opinions (whether I agree with them or not).  When you put their comments next to those by people that seem to be quite content posting their ill conceived s*** all over this board (see the How long does Keegan get thread for one example), the fact that people can slag the nufc.com lads off is a joke.

Twitcher was obviously on a list of 'possibility's' if the Keegan offer fell through, he made a few bob out of it in the process. 

(all my up my own arse opinion, of course)

Fair enough if you like them, but to suggest a website in the public domain shouldn't be criticised is, to borrow your phrase, even more of a joke.

Fair enough if you like them, but to suggest a website in the public domain shouldn't be criticised is, to borrow your phrase, even more of a joke.

I don't recall saying that they could not be criticised... I said that the critisisms levelled at them pale into insignificance next to certain opinions that are posted on this website (for example).

I don't recall saying that they could not be criticised... I said that the critisisms levelled at them pale into insignificance next to certain opinions that are posted on this website (for example).

That's a bit like saying you shouldn't criticise Stephen Carr because he's a better at football than most of the posters on this board are at writing. If you don't like what I say about them, tough shit tbh.

That's a bit like saying you shouldn't criticise Stephen Carr because he's a better at football than most of the posters on this board are at writing. If you don't like what I say about them, tough s*** tbh.

Well I hope Stephen Carr can write, because most of the posters on here are probably better at football.

Still, thats a bit of a crap example Alex, nufc.com is a website that contains the opinions of a couple of fans, this site also contains opinions of fans.  I don't think i've ever been angry reading nufc.com, unlike this place :)

That's a bit like saying you shouldn't criticise Stephen Carr because he's a better at football than most of the posters on this board are at writing. If you don't like what I say about them, tough s*** tbh.

Well I hope Stephen Carr can write, because most of the posters on here are probably better at football.

Still, thats a bit of a crap example Alex, nufc.com is a website that contains the opinions of a couple of fans, this site also contains opinions of fans.  I don't think i've ever been angry reading nufc.com, unlike this place :)

Ok then, people shouldn't criticise Martin Samuels. Better?

Anyway, if both places are essentially the same (as you suggest), both being the public domain, both are open to criticism, right? Like I said, I'm not really bothered if you don't like them being criticised by me. Fwiw I think it's a very good and informative site in many ways and the match reports and so on are usually good. That doesn't stop them coming across as sanctimonious wankers at times too. I find your taking affront as humourous as it is suspicious btw.

Ok then, people shouldn't criticise Martin Samuels. Better?

I'm affraid not, no.

Anyway, if both places are essentially the same (as you suggest), both being the public domain, both are open to criticism, right?

They are similar in that they are both websites that contain opinions, which appears to be the subject of what is being discussed, and yes, as I have already said, they are both open to critisism.

Like I said, I'm not really bothered if you don't like them being criticised by me.

Your post was pretty much the last one on the thread, my comments are more 'in general' i'm affraid. 

I find your taking affront as humourous as it is suspicious btw.

I'm taking Affront? heh, now that is humourous.

And besides, their case is basically "Well Mort said he didn't but Harry said he did, so let's just pick what we want to be true and say that it actually is!"

As opposed to putting 100% faith in Redknapp's version of events?

:rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

I don't know about the Redknapp carry on but KK was always the man Ashley wanted for the job, indeed he tried to bring him in not long after taking over, offering him 2 jobs, DOF or a role on the board with the probable plan to give him the manager's job if Big Sam needed replaced. KK turned down both offers on the basis that he didn't want to step on anyone's toes and that his presence at NUFC would have made it tough for Big Sam.