nufc.com

lovejoy

Always find it amazing that some people would be sad enough to impersonate them, not in order to undermine them somehow, but just to... I dunno, look interesting?

Guest toonlass

I dont care what is said about them, don't know them personally or owt, but if I want to know something about Newcastle United I will look at their board first, as its as reliable as any other. The official NUFC site has not yet made any comment that Joey Barton was actually arrested over the Christmas holidays six months on, it just puts what it wants the public to see, and the other sites have no real interest in the club. NUFC.com are the best for proper info by far.

One thing I must credit them for, they have no problem in criticisng the team they support, something not always apparent with some fan sites.

And all the other supporters, and all other news agency and all forums. In fact they are good at criticising most everyone except their plethora of sponsors.

Guest Heneage

Well why would you shit on your own doorstep? If you get Free Broadband you gonna say they are shite?

Guest elbee909

Well why would you shit on your own doorstep? If you get Free Broadband you gonna say they are shite?

Journalistic integrity, maybe.  "But it's just fan-site" - yeah, I see plenty of fans turning up trying to sell me camping holidays.

Guest Heneage

They aren't Journalists are they. If you read it for that, then you're reading it for the wrong reasons. Fair do's if its Sky or something, but its just a laugh.

They aren't Journalists are they. If you read it for that, then you're reading it for the wrong reasons. Fair do's if its Sky or something, but its just a laugh.

What's the difference between them and say the Daily Mail on line, or any other news agency ? They are professional journos now, despite what they and others tell you. They get paid through advertising for spouting their opinions, that's pretty much the definition of a journo.

If they only bring in enough income to cover their running costs of hosting the site then they are not marketing themselves very well, because their hit count should enable them to bring in a whole lot more. Take a long look at their page, they have advertising pratically everywhere, what makes it worse for me is that they dress some advertising up as news stories, in the main body.

They'll be running it as a business, the may have press tickets which allow them to get into the games for free. They'll certainly claim some tax deductions for costs of covering the games and what not, if they do not then they need to get themselves a better accountant.

Don't bother reading their site anymore.  Everyone else who is moaning should just do the same

I know what you are saying, I moan about them all the time, but they do sometimes come out with some good stuff, which is buried in the midst of advertising and general horse shit :)

Don't bother reading their site anymore.  Everyone else who is moaning should just do the same

I know what you are saying, I moan about them all the time, but they do sometimes come out with some good stuff, which is buried in the midst of advertising and general horse shit :)

The good stuff usually ends up on here O0

Imposters:

Minor point of order

A random conversation has led to us being alerted to a nonsensical message board post from a few weeks ago that purports to be from Biffa of NUFC.com.

As we've pointed out here before, we never post on any message board and refuse to run our own for precisely this sort of reason. Don't believe the tripe.

was this on here?

Maybe it was this post (on this thread) by Alex?

Did an alarm go off? :lol:

Surrealism will get you nowhere Alex. ;)

Ok Biffa.

Maybe I should of been more adamant and not just replied with one of these >>  :lol:

:lol:

Guest Gh0StFaC3

F*ck guys... what's the beef???  Nobody's being forced to visit the site are they?

The facts are, it's a NUFC content based site & can be a great source of info for foreign based fans.  I don't understand all the animosity tbh.

Who care's if they plaster sponsor ads all over the place, or if they wanna try & make some money off the time & effort they spend on it?  Good luck to 'em I say.

If you don't like the ads & don't feel it's worthwhile sorting through them, then don't visit the site.. it's pretty f*cking simple!

F*ck guys... what's the beef???  Nobody's being forced to visit the site are they?

The facts are, it's a NUFC content based site & can be a great source of info for foreign based fans.  I don't understand all the animosity tbh.

Who care's if they plaster sponsor ads all over the place, or if they wanna try & make some money off the time & effort they spend on it?  Good luck to 'em I say.

If you don't like the ads & don't feel it's worthwhile sorting through them, then don't visit the site.. it's pretty f*cking simple!

I totally agree.

Now can we stop bumping this thread please?! :p

One thing I must credit them for, they have no problem in criticisng the team they support, something not always apparent with some fan sites.

And all the other supporters, and all other news agency and all forums. In fact they are good at criticising most everyone except their plethora of sponsors.

WTF? What reason would they have to criticise their sponsors on a site about NUFC? Its not a car/bookies review site FFS.