nufc.com

lovejoy

Collective amnesia, again………………

Do any of you who have made Robson a Geordie Saint, not remember the total lack of dissent at his dismissal. Yes it was daft timing so early in season. We should have done what Liverpool and Chelsea did (who both finished below us) replace their manger at the end of the season before. I was at the Wolves game, were any of you? Few supported him continuing when he was sacked, now all that has been airbrushed away, history re-written and our current plight put at his sacking. One commends him for all his charity work, but when everyone else seeks to re-write history, nufc.com doesn’t.

They are no-bodies in all truth, they just happened to be more itk with computers than the people at the club at the time, and were able to register the .com name.

other than that, there opinions are worth no more than anyone else's,.. in fact thier terrible grammar, and spelling for me, often makes a mockery of thier website,

Collective amnesia, again

Do any of you who have made Robson a Geordie Saint, not remember the total lack of dissent at his dismissal. Yes it was daft timing so early in season. We should have done what Liverpool and Chelsea did (who both finished below us) replace their manger at the end of the season before. I was at the Wolves game, were any of you? Few supported him continuing when he was sacked, now all that has been airbrushed away, history re-written and our current plight put at his sacking. One commends him for all his charity work, but when everyone else seeks to re-write history, nufc.com doesnt.

Evening biffa :thup:

Collective amnesia, again

Do any of you who have made Robson a Geordie Saint, not remember the total lack of dissent at his dismissal. Yes it was daft timing so early in season. We should have done what Liverpool and Chelsea did (who both finished below us) replace their manger at the end of the season before. I was at the Wolves game, were any of you? Few supported him continuing when he was sacked, now all that has been airbrushed away, history re-written and our current plight put at his sacking. One commends him for all his charity work, but when everyone else seeks to re-write history, nufc.com doesnt.

can you read???

i dont think many [besides maybe mick] are arguing at a lot of the content, but more at the timing and the fact its re-hashed. why bother?

Do any of you who have made Robson a Geordie Saint, not remember the total lack of dissent at his dismissal. Yes it was daft timing so early in season. We should have done what Liverpool and Chelsea did (who both finished below us) replace their manger at the end of the season before. I was at the Wolves game, were any of you? Few supported him continuing when he was sacked, now all that has been airbrushed away, history re-written and our current plight put at his sacking. One commends him for all his charity work, but when everyone else seeks to re-write history, nufc.com doesn’t.

no, they just seek to regurgitate old points, needlessly.

Context is everything.

When there is such a concensus, that is frankly lacking in historical memory, then, ie, now is the time to make your point, not 3 months later, when its all forgotten.

Context is everything.

When there is such a concensus, that is frankly lacking in historical memory, then, ie, now is the time to make your point, not 3 months later, when its all forgotten.

are you real?

they have already MADE the point man, they did so a couple of onths ago, the point is, why re-hash it now?

i'm not saying they shuld have done it in 3 months, nor is anyone else, so did you just chose to add that part in yourself to suit your pointless post?

Context is everything.

What every time Robson makes a public appearance?

exactly.

not a clue man.

Guest elbee909

And at least Robson's never tried to sell me a fucking cottage holiday.  Impartiality is waved farewell when you sell out to such an extent.

Context is everything.

How wonderfully ironic. :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye that Wolves game was terrible, therefore we should all stop our affection for the bloke. I dont think our love for him is completely about statistics, its largely about how much affection we have, and I think trying to muddy that is pointless, and at this point in time tasteless and irrelevant.

And at least Robson's never tried to sell me a f***ing cottage holiday.  Impartiality is waved farewell when you sell out to such an extent.

:lol:

Smileys brought to you in assocation with paddypower.com

proudly unofficial and free since 1993.

get to fuck man!

Football fans in being a little bit fickle shocker!!

Yeah lots of people have changed their minds/rewritten history/mellowed/put on their rose-tinted specs/whatever since then, but frankly who fucking cares!?! This anti-Robson thing has become a bit of a soapbox for you two and it's really rather sad, just let it go, nobody dislikes Bobby anymore, even those who hated him at the time, so you're wasting your time trying to remind them that they once did.

To keep banging on and on about it displays a huge lack of class, the bloke's dying, for fuck's sake, and you're using it as an opportunity to score petty points. I seriously doubt you'd have written that article if the Bobby Robson Day had been a huge success, you're only talking about this because you think the low-key response means people are going to agree with you, if it had been the other way round, I don't think you'd have had the balls.

And at least Robson's never tried to sell me a f***ing cottage holiday.  Impartiality is waved farewell when you sell out to such an extent.

get to fuck man!

How exactly do you propose they "Get to fuck"?

Why not get there using a nearly new, used Ford from jenningsforddirect.co.uk from only £13,495 on the road.

get to fuck man!

Why not get there using a nearly new, used Ford from jenningsforddirect.co.uk from only £13,495 on the road.

thats really expensive in these credit crunched times,.. you should be able to find a much cheaper ford than that.

get to fuck man!

thats really expensive in these credit crunched times,.. you should be able to find a much cheaper ford than that.

Backpage travel will get you there for £24 then, last few place available.

Guest Howaythetoon

I personally love Sir Bobby as much as for what he stands for as much as for his time at NUFC. Regarding the Wolves match although piss poor as the booing was I don't think it was fans saying "sack him". Yes lots of fans thought his time had passed at the end of that season and would have preferred the club to have seen that and brought in someone new (with Bobby upstairs), but I think only a very very small minority would have wanted him sacked, and it wasn't his sacking that people were really disappointed in, it was the timing and manner in which he was sacked which was disgraceful and aye, disgusting even. This is bad taste from nufc.com and a bit pointless but its their site and they can write what they like, people don't have to read it.

I stopped back and was happy to do so because I thought we needed some tweaking of the squad to freshen it up and we'd be off again.  I've said this a few times but I don't think we've lost fewer games in the Premiership than we did in Bobby's last season.  He wasn’t perfect, his treatment of Nobby was crazy and Jenas was getting games when he should have been dropped.

Look what happened to Everton when they finished 4th, they struggled and finished the next season in 11th when they had to play in the league and Europe.

In his last full season we finished 5th and got through to the UEFA Cup semi-final and our squad was so thin and injury hit that we lost Dyer and Bellamy before playing the 1st leg and added Woodgate to those two by the time the 2nd leg came around.  We still went into our last game with the possibility of qualifying for the CL and we probably would have done so if we hadn’t been hit with injuries.  Things were that bad that we had Caldwell in defence, a player who had been out on loan at Leeds and was going to the mackems and we tried to bring Lua Lua back.

We sacked him after 4 games in which we'd lost 2 and drawn 2 and were unlucky at Boro as we'd been cheated out of a win.  Woodgate was flogged and we should have invested that back into the team and brought in a replacement for him.  I’ll not go into the pre-season and the shit that was going on about it being his last season.

But yes, let’s not try to change history or airbrush anything.

I personally love Sir Bobby as much as for what he stands for as much as for his time at NUFC. Regarding the Wolves match although piss poor as the booing was I don't think it was fans saying "sack him". Yes lots of fans thought his time had passed at the end of that season and would have preferred the club to have seen that and brought in someone new (with Bobby upstairs), but I think only a very very small minority would have wanted him sacked, and it wasn't his sacking that people were really disappointed in, it was the timing and manner in which he was sacked which was disgraceful and aye, disgusting even. This is bad taste from nufc.com and a bit pointless but its their site and they can write what they like, people don't have to read it.

:thup:

I've always said I thought it was the right decision, just appalling timing (which obviously fed into the manner in which he was treated too).

:thup:

I've always said I thought it was the right decision, just appalling timing (which obviously fed into the manner in which he was treated too).

It either had to be before the season started, or at the end of it. 4 games in was stupid, especially after Freddy's idiotic comments in the summer about it being Bobby's last year regardless.

.com's article is irrelevant and certainly at the wrong time - they're just purposely trying to be controversial.

Ive read that article 3 times now and i still dont know what the point of the article was.

They seem to be missing the point completely with this one, for what its worth, i thought at the time that is was wrong to sack SBR, he was the first manager to achieve 3 top 5 finishes for the first time in 50 years. ;)