Steven Taylor issues ultimatum

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Sniffer

When you consider the shambles our defence has been this sesason and the pressure that's been heaped on it, IMO Taylor has done well. It's been chopped and changed, he's played fullback, he's played with atrocious full backs and he's 21. He's played behind a midfield that at times doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow and forwrds who couldn't hold a ball up to save their lives. And he's still given 100%.

Beats me how you can get on his back for a few mistakes

But look at how Taylor was with woody during his short time here, they were a cracking partnership and he was even younger then. 

You haven't got a clue.

Woodgate and Taylor played in the same team together once at Bolton and Taylor actually played at Right back and cost a goal.

In his debut too.

Get off his back you tits. Its obvious he is one of very few players who actually gives a shit. Of course you know people will bite but fuck it.

If people over-rate a player for some reason certain people find it the natural reaction to slag them off to try and create some sort of balance. I don't understand how they think that works but each to their own.

NEWCASTLE United defender Steven Taylor has been drafted into the England B squad for the friendly match with Albania at Burnley's Turf Moor on Friday, May 25 (kick-off 8pm).

The centre-back joins Michael Owen and Kieron Dyer in the squad for this game. Toon skipper Scott Parker was initially included, but had to withdraw after requiring a hernia operation.

Tickets for the game are priced £10 (adults) and £5 (concessions). They are available from the Burnley FC Ticket Office or by calling 0870 4431914. Group bookings can also be made via www.thefa.com

Get breaking news from NUFC direct to your mobile phone FIRST by clicking below and signing up for official SMS alerts ...

NEWCASTLE United defender Steven Taylor has been drafted into the England B squad for the friendly match with Albania at Burnley's Turf Moor on Friday, May 25 (kick-off 8pm).

The centre-back joins Michael Owen and Kieron Dyer in the squad for this game. Toon skipper Scott Parker was initially included, but had to withdraw after requiring a hernia operation.

Tickets for the game are priced £10 (adults) and £5 (concessions). They are available from the Burnley FC Ticket Office or by calling 0870 4431914. Group bookings can also be made via www.thefa.com

Get breaking news from NUFC direct to your mobile phone FIRST by clicking below and signing up for official SMS alerts ...

Nice one. Milner should be in there like.

More fuel for his contract talks.

More fuel for people to slag the lad off.

Nobody is slagging him off much that I can see. He makes mistakes but he's a young player. By the way some go on you'd think he was a world beater, he isn't and that's all that some people are saying.

Some people on here need to pay more attention in their English lesson.

All the people who thinks Taylor is shit as Bramble are crazy.

He is great prospect for the future and this call up is another proof for that.

If Taylor and Bramble are equally shit why Titus is not in the England squad?

All the people who thinks Taylor is shit as Bramble are crazy.

He is great prospect for the future and this call up is another proof for that.

If Taylor and Bramble are equally shit why Titus is not in the England squad?

mackems.gif

Guest johnson293

If Taylor and Bramble are equally s*** why Titus is not in the England squad?

Is it coz he is black?  :cheesy:

TAYLOR ULTIMATUM

EXCLUSIVE

By Simon Bird 18/05/2007

ENGLAND Under-21 star Steven Taylor has told Newcastle not to "mess about" and award him with a new contract.

The highly-rated defender has now made 78 starts for the Geordies, way above the threshold that was supposed to trigger a new deal last summer.

Taylor is desperate to stay at St James' Park and play a major role in Sam Allardyce's rebuilding of his hometown club. But he wants his long-term future sorted out.

AdvertisementHe hopes talks to secure his future on Tyneside will start in the next few days and said: "We have to wait and see how that goes and how my future lies.

"I want to stay. It is up to the board what they want to do with me but I don't want to be messed about.

"It is as simple as that. I have ambitions and it was agreed there would be an improved contract after a certain amount of games."

Cheeky little shit! 'Doesn't want to be messed about'.... :lol:

Try defending properly rather than shouting your mouth off in the press. Very average player who gets away with murder because he's local. Personally, I'd fine him 2 weeks wages for coming out with that heap of shite.

TAYLOR ULTIMATUM

EXCLUSIVE

By Simon Bird 18/05/2007

ENGLAND Under-21 star Steven Taylor has told Newcastle not to "mess about" and award him with a new contract.

The highly-rated defender has now made 78 starts for the Geordies, way above the threshold that was supposed to trigger a new deal last summer.

Taylor is desperate to stay at St James' Park and play a major role in Sam Allardyce's rebuilding of his hometown club. But he wants his long-term future sorted out.

AdvertisementHe hopes talks to secure his future on Tyneside will start in the next few days and said: "We have to wait and see how that goes and how my future lies.

"I want to stay. It is up to the board what they want to do with me but I don't want to be messed about.

"It is as simple as that. I have ambitions and it was agreed there would be an improved contract after a certain amount of games."

Try defending properly rather than shouting your mouth off in the press. Very average player who gets away with murder because he's local. Personally, I'd fine him 2 weeks wages for coming out with that heap of shite.

:thup: If he did come out with it. The media print lies all the time and people believe whatever suits them at any given moment in time.

TAYLOR ULTIMATUM

EXCLUSIVE

By Simon Bird 18/05/2007

:thup: If he did come out with it. The media print lies all the time and people believe whatever suits them at any given moment in time.

I assumed the article was kosher. It's a canny rule of thumb when a player is actually quoted rather than a 'source close to the player' or some such shit.

TAYLOR ULTIMATUM

EXCLUSIVE

By Simon Bird 18/05/2007

I assumed the article was kosher. It's a canny rule of thumb when a player is actually quoted rather than a 'source close to the player' or some such shit.

Not sure myself. Journalists are definitely the biggest scum going and will lie, spin and twist what is a total nothing into something else completely.  They'll do anything to sell their crappy rags.

Nobody is slagging him off much that I can see. He makes mistakes but he's a young player. By the way some go on you'd think he was a world beater, he isn't and that's all that some people are saying.

Calling him the Geordie Bramble is slagging him off imo, maybe YOU should read a bit more then you might realise what the general feeling towards Bramble is.

Guest Mantis

Calling him the Geordie Bramble is slagging him off imo, maybe YOU should read a bit more then you might realise what the general feeling towards Bramble is.

Correct.

No wonder the club is in the s*** with fans dividing over a player who has given nothing short of 100%.  WTF.  The word supporter hahs been lost somewhere. 

All this bulls*it about if he was black or from South of Gateshead.  For the avoidance of doubt, he was born in London in 1986.  So that theory is blown out the water.

As for Forest Gump, he'll probably send Tony Adams grey like he has with anybody else who has had to watch him day in and day out.

I just find it amazing people actually seem suprised that a 21 year old will be a bit rash and make the wrong decision on occasion. A 21 year old whose best partner in that time has probably been Bramble no less!

Not doubting his effort. He always gives 100% as you say - which puts him above some I could mention.

I'm questioning his ability. He's very ordinary imo. Not bad, but not that great either.  O0

Not doubting his effort. He always gives 100% as you say - which puts him above some I could mention.

I'm questioning his ability. He's very ordinary imo. Not bad, but not that great either.  O0

He has shown the ability to be great though and as said before when some of the youngsters came into the side this season you really could see how much more developed Taylor was. He is far from the new Terry or whatever others have claimed but there is no reason why he can't get to that level as he has all the attributes and although rash certainly doesnt seem as dopey as Titus.

Terry, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Toure, Carragher etc all had one thing in common, a commanding, quality partner to help them through games and teach them how to get over their weaknesses. So far in his career Taylor has been the one trying to get the rest to concentrate and defend properly, although this could be good for him in a way he still needs that strong, solid partner to develop him from the rash lad to a consistantly quality defender.

He has shown the ability to be great though and as said before when some of the youngsters came into the side this season you really could see how much more developed Taylor was. He is far from the new Terry or whatever others have claimed but there is no reason why he can't get to that level as he has all the attributes and although rash certainly doesnt seem as dopey as Titus.

Terry, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Toure, Carragher etc all had one thing in common, a commanding, quality partner to help them through games and teach them how to get over their weaknesses. So far in his career Taylor has been the one trying to get the rest to concentrate and defend properly, although this could be good for him in a way he still needs that strong, solid partner to develop him from the rash lad to a consistantly quality defender.

The lad definitely needs an older head next to him if he's going to develop like.  :thup:

He just tends to be caught out too often and seems to be scrambling about with last-ditch tackles. His distribution from the back is nothing special and I don't think he's capable of bringing the ball out himself. His reading of the game is canny but is caught out of position too often for my liking. Granted this could be down to his full backs being pulled all over the place and he's left to cover their mistakes/missed tackles.

As I've said he's not a bad defender and I'm sure he'll get better but, as we type this - I think he's very ordinary. Unfortunately. Can't and won't question his effort but he just doesn't look the part yet. Fingers crossed he gets a regular partner at the back who's going to bring him on.  :thup:

The lad definitely needs an older head next to him if he's going to develop like.  :thup:

He just tends to be caught out too often and seems to be scrambling about with last-ditch tackles. His distribution from the back is nothing special and I don't think he's capable of bringing the ball out himself. His reading of the game is canny but is caught out of position too often for my liking. Granted this could be down to his full backs being pulled all over the place and he's left to cover their mistakes/missed tackles.

As I've said he's not a bad defender and I'm sure he'll get better but, as we type this - I think he's very ordinary. Unfortunately. Can't and won't question his effort but he just doesn't look the part yet. Fingers crossed he gets a regular partner at the back who's going to bring him on.  :thup:

For the U21's and on a couple of occasions for us he has brought the ball out very well and created/joined in attacks. He doesn't really do it enough but that could be put down to movement from his team mates (or lack of) or just confidence to do it in the premiership (although with any of our other centre backs would you be confident to leave them alone? :lol: )

At the moment he is nothing special, he is rash and does make mistakes but he has plenty in him that good coaching and a good partner could get out. I have a lot of faith in the lad, probably a bit too much but I really see a lot of quality attributes that just need working on and a few errors to his game that can be ironed out.