"Immaculate goalkeeping from Tim Krul"

Martin Lol

Guest TheOrder

Hang on, I thought Roeder had done such a fantastic job at the Academy, (or so people on here try and tell us) and yet there's not a single Newcastle player in the Under 19 squad?

The academy is wank.

The academy that has been to two consecutive FA Youth Cup semi-finals with one of the youngest squads about is wank?

Yes. Sorry for the very valid opinion.

You're just gutted your boyfriend has been released! ;)

Very. In all seriousness, I've been to a shit load of academy games this year, and we're carrying dead wood. We've got about 4 good young players there. The rest will be in the conference in a few years, at best.

Guest TheOrder

Probably because the others are better than him perhaps?

Who's him?

Erm, my tips, and I'm sure a few other lads who have seen them will agree with me, are:

Kazenga

Johnny Godsmark (little legend)

Ryan Donaldson

Decent academy prospects that have moved into the reserves:

Troisi

Carroll

In fairness it's pretty rare for an acadamy to actually get players into the first team. The exceptional crop of ManU youngsters aside I think it's quite unusual to see more than one player from each generation to come through.

In fairness it's pretty rare for an acadamy to actually get players into the first team. The exceptional crop of ManU youngsters aside I think it's quite unusual to see more than one player from each generation to come through.

Middlesborough, half their current squad must be from the academy now!

Probably because the others are better than him perhaps?

Carroll. Someone asked why he wasn't in that squad.

That was me, and i really don't believe that the rest are better then him, i.e how many of those players actually got to playing in the premiership, most of them are picked from Reserves/U-18 sides and if thats the case then Carroll's recored speaks for itself.

Guest TheOrder

Carroll only got into our squad because of the sh*tness & injuries of the players in front of him though.

He's surpassed my expectations, and I hold him in very high regards. Exciting player for me.

Guest TheOrder

Not disputing he's not a good player. Just think the more playing time in the first-team is a poor argument. Ameobi played twice as much in the Premier League this season than what Alan Smith did, doesn't mean he's better.

Nah, I wasnt even responding to your comment, don't know why I quoted it :)

On the topic of Alan Smith, I'd still take him, and it would be even better if he dragged Heinze along with him :)

Guest DavB93

Not disputing he's not a good player. Just think the more playing time in the first-team is a poor argument. Ameobi played twice as much in the Premier League this season than what Alan Smith did, doesn't mean he's better.

Nah, I wasnt even responding to your comment, don't know why I quoted it :)

On the topic of Alan Smith, I'd still take him, and it would be even better if he dragged Heinze along with him :)

What's James Marwood like?

Hang on, I thought Roeder had done such a fantastic job at the Academy, (or so people on here try and tell us) and yet there's not a single Newcastle player in the Under 19 squad?

The academy is wank.

The academy that has been to two consecutive FA Youth Cup semi-finals with one of the youngest squads about is wank?

Yes. Sorry for the very valid opinion.

It's not really a valid opinion unless you back it up with some evidence.

I could make a sweeping statement like "Shearer has always been shit" but that doesn't make it a valid opinion.

Is it a valid opinion if he goes to every fecking game?

Guest DavB93

Got a long way to go if he wants to make it as a PPV co-commentator.

James Marwood is Brain Marwoods son yes, only ask as I know somebody who knows him and just wondering how good he is. I get told by the lad who knows him that he's a very good player but don't know if he's been biast.

Guest optimistic nit

didn't they get promoted this year?

i do reckon krul is a real prospect btw.

Guest gggg

The academy is wank.

To be fair Liverpool have won the Youth Cup twice in a row and their academy is wank too.

off topic, but is Andrew Carrol left footed?

I think he has played on the left wing on occasion so I reckon there is a good chance.

Didn't the Juve scout talk about Krul as a new Buffon not too long back?