"Immaculate goalkeeping from Tim Krul"

Martin Lol

Hang on, I thought Roeder had done such a fantastic job at the Academy, (or so people on here try and tell us) and yet there's not a single Newcastle player in the Under 19 squad?

The academy is wank.

The academy that has been to two consecutive FA Youth Cup semi-finals with one of the youngest squads about is wank?

To be fair Liverpool have won the Youth Cup twice in a row and their academy is wank too.

Every academy is wank!!! :-P

off topic, but is Andrew Carrol left footed?

I think he has played on the left wing on occasion so I reckon there is a good chance.

Didn't the Juve scout talk about Krul as a new Buffon not too long back?

Aye, he did

About Andy Carroll,i think he is both left and right footed

Krul needs the experience. Harper is a waster with no ambition. I'd release Harper and promote one of the young lads to number three behind Given and Krul. At least they'd have a bit of fight and determination to break into the first team.

Harper is just taking the fucking piss. He takes thousands out of this club every week, has done so for nearly 15 years, and couldn't give a shit about getting splinters in his arse. Some call it loyalty - I call it an inferiority complex and a lack of ambition.

Nah, sell Harper and promote Krul. 

From what I saw of Krul last season Shay Given should be made aware that he is fighting for his shirt with a truly great prospect. Harper shouldn't even be in the picture.

Krul needs the experience. Harper is a waster with no ambition. I'd release Harper and promote one of the young lads to number three behind Given and Krul. At least they'd have a bit of fight and determination to break into the first team.

Harper is just taking the fucking piss. He takes thousands out of this club every week, has done so for nearly 15 years, and couldn't give a shit about getting splinters in his arse. Some call it loyalty - I call it an inferiority complex and a lack of ambition.

May aswell send Krul out on loan to get some proper experience and keep the "waster" on the bench. I think its harsh to say Harper is taking the piss, would much rather he was here than changing keepers every few years because the current one has got the hump. We have seen from a few times over the years that its not all that easy getting a decent first choice keeper let alone back up. Yes he has lacked ambition but I still don't think he has been taking the piss, if the managers didn't think he was good enough then I doubt he would have gotten contract renewals.

Harper is a Geordie, though isn't he? Loves the town and the club. To me, that makes him one of the very few remaining good guys left in football.

Guest TheOrder

Harper is a Geordie, though isn't he? Loves the town and the club. To me, that makes him one of the very few remaining good guys left in football.

Harpers a mackem, well, definatly wear-side tastic!

May aswell send Krul out on loan to get some proper experience and keep the "waster" on the bench. I think its harsh to say Harper is taking the piss, would much rather he was here than changing keepers every few years because the current one has got the hump. We have seen from a few times over the years that its not all that easy getting a decent first choice keeper let alone back up. Yes he has lacked ambition but I still don't think he has been taking the piss, if the managers didn't think he was good enough then I doubt he would have gotten contract renewals.

Fair enough. I just think Harper's been coasting for years. Hasn't wanted to be a number 1 anywhere which leads me to doubt his self-confidence. He's collected his wages every week whilst in the knowledge that the boss doesn't rate him highly enough to start him if Given's fit. Zero respect for the guy.

Krul needs games and if Sam is going to persist with Harper then yes, he needs to go out on loan. However, I'd move Krul up to number 2, giving him games in both of the Cups and low-key League games - (maybe 8 a year) Any injuries/suspensions to Given would mean he may play 20 games a season?

Harper brings nothing to the squad imo. Collects his wages and gives fuck all.

I think Harper is a fairly decent keeper, given Givens (sorry about that) injury problems this year I don't think I would be that confident in Krul playing half the season. He did look immense in that game but its a big ask him being number 2. I am happy enough with Harper being unambitious and backing up Shay for a few years so we can make sure Krul develops properly.

Harper has appeared in 25 games this season (last season depending how you look at it), thats quite a few for a stand in keeper.

I think Harper is a fairly decent keeper, given Givens (sorry about that) injury problems this year I don't think I would be that confident in Krul playing half the season. He did look immense in that game but its a big ask him being number 2. I am happy enough with Harper being unambitious and backing up Shay for a few years so we can make sure Krul develops properly.

Harper has appeared in 25 games this season (last season depending how you look at it), thats quite a few for a stand in keeper.

Sorry mate, we disagree on this one!  :lol:

Don't rate Harper at all. Think he's a decent shot-stopper and that's about it. He can't organise his back 4, doesn't command his area, makes poor decisions and his distribution from hand and from the floor is woeful. He's got no ambition and thus hasn't pushed or extended himself to get better or iron out his flaws. If I was the boss, I'd have let him go years ago. I'd much rather have Krul playing than this joker. I'd even accept Krul making a few mistakes while he's learning/trying to better himself than stick with good old Harper. 

Think Krul is a bit young to be thrown to the lions. From your description Harper is Given :lol:

I think Harper is a decent enough 2nd keeper, any lack of ambition for me has benefited us. Yeah I think we will have to agree to disagree :D

Think Krul is a bit young to be thrown to the lions. From your description Harper is Given :lol:

I think Harper is a decent enough 2nd keeper, any lack of ambition for me has benefited us. Yeah I think we will have to agree to disagree :D

Let's agree that Harper has served a purpose then?  :lol:

He's filled a gap but I still don't rate the twat. I'd throw the lad in, despite his inexperience tbh.

PS. You're right - Given has similar weaknesses to Harper but they aren't as pronounced as Harper's. IMO.  ;) :thup:

Not content with knocking off his bird, midds is now conducting a footballing assassination of Steve Harper. Why won't you just leave him alone? :(

That was a long time ago!  :lol:

I just don't rate the bloke. I wish I did...but I don't.  :undecided:

yeah.. so you said now move on cos hearing you slate harper has got boring 5 posts back

I'll shut up then.

Just for you.

Heaven forbid anyone to disagree with you... :rolleyes:

who said anything about disagreeing with me.. i aint said an opinion on this... but you have.. about 5times. we heard and undestood you the first time didnt need to repeat it every other post

who said anything about disagreeing with me.. i aint said an opinion on this... but you have.. about 5times. we heard and undestood you the first time didnt need to repeat it every other post

The floor's yours...

Gotta love the spineless wonders on this board?

Quite happy to slag someone off for having an opinion they apparently disagree with but too scared to say what they think themselves.  :lol:

At least fight your corner. Zero respect.  :rolleyes:

Guest smoggeordie

From what I saw of Krul last season Shay Given should be made aware that he is fighting for his shirt with a truly great prospect. Harper shouldn't even be in the picture.

90 mins made you see this?

I'd say that Krul is probably still too young for any league side to risk a year long loan as a starting keeper, keep him here for the reserves/bench as cover for injury's to Given or Harper. Or at best, a short term loan,.

On the subject of Harper, i'm with Midds on this one, if he had real ambition for a starting place he'd have been off years ago (still decent cover though).