Newcastle United VS Celtic

Guest smoggeordie

Don't really agree there. If we get hammered off one of the elite, then it's because they're better than us, nothing we didn't already know. However, if there's 4-5 new signings on the pitch, one of Allardyce's first home games, and we get a good result and performance in the week before the new season, it would put us in an optimistic mood for the new season.

Guest Phil K

whats the fascination with playing these bigoted scumbags

Bigots ? Thats an UNDERstatement.

Yep, they still sing their IRA songs and wave the irish tricolour. Slimey tossers.

Still - I've probably had more friendly chats with the Celtic fans after the game than the other set of Glasgow bigots.

if we played Barca/Real/Inter etc we'd get as many as fans, as when Celtic come...

Would those teams come though?

If Dundee can get Barca why not us?: -

"reigning UEFA Champions League winners FC Barcelona will play Dundee United at Tannadice on 26 July"

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=2587&cd=2007

Barcelona are also playing Danish team AGF Aarhus before doing a tour of the US

http://en.lionelmessi.org/index.php?itemid=199

Strange how we can never get Real Madrid to come here considering we are supposed to have a good relationship with them. Still, all the massive clubs can make more money going to the far east and the US.

Because Dundee UTD have a special relationship with Barca having beaten them twice in 60s the 80s when they won the cup winners cup. Only team to ever do this to Barca.

whats the fascination with playing these bigoted scumbags

Bigots ? Thats an UNDERstatement.

Yep, they still sing their IRA songs and wave the irish tricolour. Slimey tossers.

Still - I've probably had more friendly chats with the Celtic fans after the game than the other set of Glasgow bigots.

Agreed, there are bigots on both sides of the fence....I was a little suprised by SM's reaction to my previous comment .... maybe he has a problem with me or thinks I have with him, if so he is wrong.

I've met canny lads on both sides of the divide and its sad that even they get dragged into the religion and bigotry .... and its also true that in my experience very very few fans of both Rangers and Celtic don't drag this shite into the conversation at some stage.

The support for the IRA, UDA etc is appalling. I am pleased these scumbags don't play in the premiership and hope that they never ever drag this bollocks down to England. I don't like NUFC playing them and never have.

You can talk about bigots, and I'm no fan of the old firm nonsense, but saying "all Celtic fans are bigots", and saying they all support the IRA, which let's remember are now dormant, that speaks of another prejudice.

I'm not happy watching England play for similar reasons. We have to move on.

You can talk about bigots, and I'm no fan of the old firm nonsense, but saying "all Celtic fans are bigots", and saying they all support the IRA, which let's remember are now dormant, that speaks of another prejudice.

And thats the point I was getting it.  It was not aimed specifically at NE5 its just that anytime any of the Old Firm are mentioned on here they are all tarred with the same brush.

And thats the point I was getting it.  It was not aimed specifically at NE5 its just that anytime any of the Old Firm are mentioned on here they are all tarred with the same brush.

Tbf, they bring it on themselves.

Who do?  All of them?

Exactly, myself I'm a lapsed Catholic, but I've had good craic with Rangers and Celtic supporters, for most of them it's just about football rather than sectarianism, as it should be.

Who do?  All of them?

No, but a lot. The problem now is that it's difficult to separate the sectarianism from genuine support of the club when the two have basically gone hand in hand for a long time.

Who do?  All of them?

No, but a lot. The problem now is that it's difficult to separate the sectarianism from genuine support of the club when the two have basically gone hand in hand for a long time.

You say its difficult, so what its easier just to stereotype by being prejudiced?

Slightly at a tangent, but two friends from NI, the prod said to the left-footer "what school did you go to?"

Which can be a dangerous thing to ask, but he's just a drunk who was having a laugh. Took some time to persuade the softer bloke it was only meant in jest, which it was.

Who do?  All of them?

You say its difficult, so what its easier just to stereotype by being prejudiced?

No, I don't agree with that at all, but I can understand why people look at Old Firm supporters and find it easy to dismiss them as bigots, but as you point out, the majority of fans are simply supporting their club.

Take my points on face value SM.

They are nothing more or less than that.

I am disappointed that you have not replied to my reply.

In my experience the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic supporters - however good lads they are - have an attitude which engulfs bigotry. They may not realise it, in fact they don't. I'm not castigating them for it if they know nothing differently, I'm pointing out the problem, which is deeper and outside of football. I suspect you know this already, so why not admit it instead of defending it ?

I don't like NUFC playing these shitbags, and I think all other clubs should avoid them too and alienate them for this reason.

I think that its all about standards. For instance, if someone, or some sets of fans, made racist comments or whatever, the rest of football would take them to task for it. I think the obvious support, bigotry,  and backing of terrorists is 10 times worse.

In my experience the vast majority of Rangers and Celtic supporters - however good lads they are - have an attitude which engulfs bigotry. They may not realise it, in fact they don't. I'm not castigating them for it if they know nothing differently, I'm pointing out the problem, which is deeper and outside of football. I suspect you know this already, so why not admit it instead of defending it ?

I don't like NUFC playing these shitbags, and I think all other clubs should avoid them too and alienate them for this reason.

I think that its all about standards. For instance, if someone, or some sets of fans, made racist comments or whatever, the rest of football would take them to task for it. I think the obvious support, bigotry,  and backing of terrorists is 10 times worse.

In terms of sheer bloody-minded prejudice, the sort of sweeping generalisations you're indulging in here are just as bad as the sectarianism you're banging on about. Amazed you can't see that...

Guest Ridzuan

I was not that happy when I heard the news because we have played the club before recently.I want to have a match with other big clubs for other countries.Nevertheless,Celtic is still a good club,afterall they are champions of the scottish league.

I was not that happy when I heard the news because we have played the club before recently.I want to have a match with other big clubs for other countries.Nevertheless,Celtic is still a good club,afterall they are champions of the scottish league.

Which isnt easy.

Guest NUFCnutter

I would have preferred to see us play a different team, not because of the sectarianism but because we seem to always play them. They may be champions of scotland, but by christ they are one boring set of players, and they whinge if we beat them. I would have much preferred to see us play some teams such as PSV, Lyon or someone rather than Celtic again.

In terms of sheer bloody-minded prejudice, the sort of sweeping generalisations you're indulging in here are just as bad as the sectarianism you're banging on about. Amazed you can't see that...

I'm guessing you're not really amazed.

Celtic bring loads down, simple as that, we won't fill SJP alone, and if we play some Spanish team they'll bring a handfull for good reason. I'd be happy to play Rangers for the same reason, just to show I'm not bigoted ;)

if we played Barca/Real/Inter etc we'd get as many as fans, as when Celtic come...

Would those teams come though?

If Dundee can get Barca why not us?: -

"reigning UEFA Champions League winners FC Barcelona will play Dundee United at Tannadice on 26 July"

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=2587&cd=2007

Barcelona are also playing Danish team AGF Aarhus before doing a tour of the US

http://en.lionelmessi.org/index.php?itemid=199

Strange how we can never get Real Madrid to come here considering we are supposed to have a good relationship with them. Still, all the massive clubs can make more money going to the far east and the US.

Because Dundee UTD have a special relationship with Barca having beaten them twice in 60s the 80s when they won the cup winners cup. Only team to ever do this to Barca.

NUFC are also supposed to have a good relationship with Real Madrid after the Woodgate and Owen deals (although I don't know why those deals would form a good relationship).