Newcastle United VS Celtic

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

SAM Allardyce's first pre-season programme as Newcastle United manager will include a visit to St. James' Park from Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic.

Gordon Strachan's side are heading to Gallowgate for a friendly on Thursday, July 26.

Big Sam told nufc.co.uk: "It's a great thrill to be the new manager of Newcastle United and I'm already looking forward to our pre-season matches.

"I'm pleased that we have arranged a game with Celtic at St. James' Park.

"As the Scottish champions and a side that did well in the Champions League last season, they'll give us a hard match, which is exactly what we will be looking for.

"I'm sure we'll get a big crowd for this game and that will make for the kind of great backing I'm looking forward to the team having at every home game."

Celtic have been popular visitors to St. James' in recent times, providing the opposition for Peter Beardsley's benefit game in 1999 and, of course, on that unforgettable night in May 2006 when Alan Shearer pulled on the Newcastle jersey for the last time amid emotional scenes at his Testimonial.

The July 26 fixture has a provisional kick-off time of 7.45pm. Ticket details will be announced in due course.

Guest smoggeordie

Apparently.

So these are the "Champions league giants" we were promised :lol:

Kind of like Sheff Wed who were promised a friendly with a "top premiership club" and they're playing Birmingham :lol:

Guest NUFCnutter

My mate who told me this on thursday rang this morning to say that it was confirmed and I told him to Fuck off as I thought he was being one of these annoying ITK type people again. I am still sitting here gobsmacked that he was right, I thought all of the ITK's were always wrong, you know like a law of science type thing.

if we played Barca/Real/Inter etc we'd get as many as fans, as when Celtic come...

Would those teams come though?

I saw Inter at Fratton Park a couple of summers back so i would assume so. Better than playing Celtic, fucking dispise them and their fans.

Celtic fans are tossers in my experience, I'll always remember Beardsleys testimonial in particular.  Chanting about how great they are and how they would dominate the Premiership because they were beating a bunch of old men, some of which used to be players 20 years ago.

if we are gonna play Juve too, how much will Fred dare to charge for tickets?

I would say sensible price is £15 for both, or maybes £20 for Juve

But, if its Allardyces first match at home, i can see Fred making both games £20

really pissed off that we're playing Celtic again. We played them for beardsleys testimonial, A pre-season friendly at Park head a couple of seasons ago, Shearer's testimonial and now this!

Played 2 friendlies at parkhead since Beardsleys testimonial

really pissed off that we're playing Celtic again. We played them for beardsleys testimonial, A pre-season friendly at Park head a couple of seasons ago, Shearer's testimonial and now this!

Played 2 friendlies at parkhead since Beardsleys testimonial

never knew that, fucking hell.

whats the fascination with playing these bigoted scumbags

And so the prejudiced opinions begin once again...

don't they sing IRA songs anymore then ?

if we played Barca/Real/Inter etc we'd get as many as fans, as when Celtic come...

Would those teams come though?

If Dundee can get Barca why not us?: -

"reigning UEFA Champions League winners FC Barcelona will play Dundee United at Tannadice on 26 July"

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=2587&cd=2007

Barcelona are also playing Danish team AGF Aarhus before doing a tour of the US

http://en.lionelmessi.org/index.php?itemid=199

Strange how we can never get Real Madrid to come here considering we are supposed to have a good relationship with them. Still, all the massive clubs can make more money going to the far east and the US.