Saturday's word on the street

Superior Acuña

Ben Haim to us, according to Sun and Star

Owen to ManU, £11 million, if he does well in england games, Sun

Trying to get viduka, sun

Would love Ben Haim and Viduka for nothing, and i think i'd maybe cash-in on owen for £11 million.  We could do a lot for that, and think how little we'd get next year.  The sun say the release clause is £11mil, and not 9

Guest SwissMagpie

i will be happy if we ship out Owen for 11 million and buy Bent for 8-10 Million.

so the club strikers will be :Bent,Martins,Viduka and Ameobi

i will be happy if we ship out Owen for 11 million and buy Bent for 8-10 Million.

so the club strikers will be :Bent,Martins,Viduka and Ameobi

That would do me, maybe wheel out Siberski if he is still here or Carroll if he isnt out on loan for the cup games.

Guest Guinness

Read the Ben Haim article earlier and would love it to be true. Unfortunately its not from the most reliable source, but I think he's be an excellent signing.

If we could get Bent for what we sold Owen for I would be tempted.

seconded.

i would sell owen, having the 'will he wont he' every year is going to be a nightmare, plus he will go next summer for next to nowt anyway.

Guest Sniffer

In manures team, Owen will get 15 - 20 goals at least and they will kill us once again. Smacks of the deal that set them up for years when we sold them Andy Cole. And we'll be left watching those pair of nigerians. One of them is totally shite and the other may or may not opt to turn out on any given day.

That's something to look forward to.

Guest Sniffer

But I agree buying Darren Bent. Sell martins to finance the deal.

Sell ameobi and buy Nugent.

Owen, Nugent, Bent and Carroll looks much better to me.

I think lots of people are underestimating just how good Owen is. Yeah, he doesn't give a shit about us, but that's hardly new information is it? We've known this since he signed, it's hardly a revelation.

Fact is he scores goals. Almost guaranteed. We shouldn't be selling that commodity unless we have to.

I think lots of people are underestimating just how good Owen is. Yeah, he doesn't give a shit about us, but that's hardly new information is it? We've known this since he signed, it's hardly a revelation.

Fact is he scores goals. Almost guaranteed. We shouldn't be selling that commodity unless we have to.

Spot on... we've got a world class finisher in the side, and yet people just aren't bothered simply because he 'doesn't care' - which is exaggerated in this case anyway.

I think lots of people are underestimating just how good Owen is. Yeah, he doesn't give a s*** about us, but that's hardly new information is it? We've known this since he signed, it's hardly a revelation.

Spot on... we've got a world class finisher in the side, and yet people just aren't bothered simply because he 'doesn't care' - which is exaggerated in this case anyway.

I'm leaning towards selling Owen but not because he's not good enough or anything like that! Owen's easily our best player but he's just way too expensive...We could make a nice income from his transfer fee to finance couple of other "more important" buys to strenghten our starting eleven at more crucial positions like the defence! And...Owen's 120 000 per week wage :(

Also a fact that he is constantly injured, and also a face that he hasnt scored 20 in the prem.

I think lots of people are underestimating just how good Owen is. Yeah, he doesn't give a s*** about us, but that's hardly new information is it? We've known this since he signed, it's hardly a revelation.

I'm leaning towards selling Owen but not because he's not good enough or anything like that! Owen's easily our best player but he's just way too expensive...We could make a nice income from his transfer fee to finance couple of other "more important" buys to strenghten our starting eleven at more crucial positions like the defence! And...Owen's 120 000 per week wage :(

Speculation. It goes up every month.

There are loads of players that are on less but offer fuck all compared to Owen. Dyer, for a start.

Again, we've known he's on a fortune since he signed, nothing new. People are forgetting how valuable goals are cos he's been out for ages. I don't think there would be anywhere near as much vitriol if he'd scored before the end of the season, which is laughable really.

Maybe if he cares now in 2 years time its almost certain that he wont sign new contract.

So we must think about the future and if we can get 12m for him we should take it otherwise we might end up with nothing in 2 years time.