Hargreaves...

Martin Lol

.. on his way to Manyoo.

£17m

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467548&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=&title=United+to+sign+Owen+-+reports&channel=&

Reports emanating from the German press have claimed Owen Hargreaves is poised to complete a move to Manchester United.

Saturday's FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea could be softened somewhat by the securing of the Bayern Munich midfielder, if reports prove to have genuine credence.

German magazine Spiegel has reported on its website that United have concurred on a deal with Bayern, at a fee thought to be worth £17million, with the transfer to go through just as soon as Hargreaves puts pen-to-paper on a four-year contract.

Hargreaves was conspicuous by his absence for Bayern's final league game of the season, against Energie Cottbus on Saturday, with his German paymasters having suggested a knee injury was the reason behind his non-appearance.

The Canadian-born England international refused to comment when quizzed on reports of his imminent signing for United, but the Premiership champions' long-standing pursuit of the combative midfielder is well documented.

£17m is an awful lot of money. He's a good player but I'm not sure if he's worth that like.  :undecided:

Me neither but they can afford it and I think they need someone like him. Better than Carrick who cost more!

£17m is an awful lot of money. He's a good player but I'm not sure if he's worth that like.  :undecided:

Me neither but they can afford it and I think they need someone like him. Better than Carrick who cost more!

A potential central midfield of Hargreaves and Carrick for £35m.  :cheesy:

Aye they can afford it and I suppose when Man Utd call, the price goes up by a few million. Good player but I still don't think they've replaced Van Nistelrooy yet. They've got away with it this year because they've shared the goals around and Ronaldo in particular has chipped in with more than I expected him to but I'd have thought they needed a 25-goal-a-season striker more than a bit of bite in midfield.  :undecided:

Aye they can afford it and I suppose when Man Utd call, the price goes up by a few million. Good player but I still don't think they've replaced Van Nistelrooy yet. They've got away with it this year because they've shared the goals around and Ronaldo in particular has chipped in with more than I expected him to but I'd have thought they needed a 25-goal-a-season striker more than a bit of bite in midfield.  :undecided:

I have said before they couldn't afford to get rid of RVN without getting in someone with his goalscoring ability but felt I had been proved wrong given their taking back of the PL crown this season. Apart from Rooney (who himself can be very inconsistant) their forwards seem very average but they have enough in their team to deal with it. Who knows though, with RVN or someone of his ability maybe they would have gone further in Europe this season.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

When a player goes to Manure they'll likely stay there a long time, which makes the deal turn out to have more value.

They could get someone better than that crab for half the price

United could be up s*** street when Scholes loses his form or retires

Thats why they bought Hargreaves  :cheesy:

Hargreaves to replace Scholes?  :undecided:

I have said before they couldn't afford to get rid of RVN without getting in someone with his goalscoring ability but felt I had been proved wrong given their taking back of the PL crown this season. Apart from Rooney (who himself can be very inconsistant) their forwards seem very average but they have enough in their team to deal with it. Who knows though, with RVN or someone of his ability maybe they would have gone further in Europe this season.

Think they're short on quality up top. Saha's not bad, Solskjaer is canny, Rooney is outstanding but they need someone for him to play off. Then again, I'm sure Fergie knows what he's doing.  :lol:

Its not easy to do so, but i guess with Scholes slowley losing his form and getting older, Ferguson will rotate between the two, and maybe slowley turn Hargreaves to the next Paul Scholes (With less cunt-ish attitude)

But i am guessing thats what SAF is thinking at the moment,he is slowley replacing his vetrens with youngsters,letting them play with each other for a couple of seasons so they get used to the style Manchester play.

Its not easy to do so, but i guess with Scholes slowley losing his form and getting older, Ferguson will rotate between the two, and maybe slowley turn Hargreaves to the next Paul Scholes (With less cunt-ish attitude)

But i am guessing thats what SAF is thinking at the moment,he is slowley replacing his vetrens with youngsters,letting them play with each other for a couple of seasons so they get used to the style Manchester play.

Have you seen Hargreaves play? :lol: As good as I think he is, he is certainly no Scholes replacement!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2083818,00.html

Robben to Bayern and bad news for you lot- Ben Haim to Chelsea according to the Guardian

Not that bad of a news to me, he is decent but we can get better, don't believe he is going to Chelsea though..

We can get better by splashing out a few million.

I am sure Sam can find some random African for less then 500k who can do a decent job in our defence tbh :lol:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2083818,00.html

Robben to Bayern and bad news for you lot- Ben Haim to Chelsea according to the Guardian

Not that bad of a news to me, he is decent but we can get better, don't believe he is going to Chelsea though..

We can get better by splashing out a few million.

I am sure Sam can find some random African for less then 500k who can do a decent job in our defence tbh :lol:

He could look to the 2nd tier in THIS country and find better than what we just discarded, in fairness.

hargreaves and carrick a bit simialar to play together? both a bit defensive

No, i think Hargreaves plays deeper.

However, it doesn't smack of the most dynamic, exciting midfield, does it??

I still get the impression Carrick was a desperation buy.