Liverpool Fans that Didn't Get In Last Night......

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

What would you have done given the following scenario?

1) You have managed to buy an official champions league final ticket going down official channels.

2) You forked out over the odds for flights and transport to get to Athens, maybe even went on official Liverpool FC transport.

3) You arrive at the ground to be told it is full and there is no way you can get in.

4) The police acknowledge that because of undetected forged tickets, fans having "proper" tickets have no chance of getting in and must leave the area surrounding the stadium.

Then the f*cking BBC stand there and wonder why there was scrapping with the Greek police and some fans tried scaling the stadium walls to get in. I would have went f*cking beserk if that was me. What's the betting that UEFA might only offer to refund the ticket price. Feel sorry for them.

Guest Micktoon

Typical Liverpool fans, meet up en mass, make a push when the gates open, police let every fucker in, genuine fans with tickets don't get in. Hillsborough anyone.

Guest Gemmill

Will they ever learn?  Lovable scousers, greatest fans in the world, my arse tbh.  The majority might be alright, I don't know, but there's enough of them living the scouse stereotype who are always on the blag, to always end up creating scenarios like this.  Don't blame the Athens coppers for having to react to people trying to scale the stadium walls to get in.  It's not their fault that a load of tramps with no tickets turned up and blagged their way into a football game they had no right to be at.  Reports on the radio this morning of fans with no tickets, counterfeit tickets, or just colour photocopies of tickets.  Fucking stay at home if you don't have a ticket you thieving tramps.

Will they ever learn?  Lovable scousers, greatest fans in the world, my arse tbh.  The majority might be alright, I don't know, but there's enough of them living the scouse stereotype who are always on the blag, to always end up creating scenarios like this.  Don't blame the Athens coppers for having to react to people trying to scale the stadium walls to get in.  It's not their fault that a load of tramps with no tickets turned up and blagged their way into a football game they had no right to be at.  Reports on the radio this morning of fans with no tickets, counterfeit tickets, or just colour photocopies of tickets.  f****** stay at home if you don't have a ticket you thieving tramps.

Soon they'll have to have barcode tickets with barcode-reading gates at every stadium.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Typical Liverpool fans, meet up en mass, make a push when the gates open, police let every fucker in, genuine fans with tickets don't get in. Hillsborough anyone.

That's about the size of it

I'd have:

2.5) Got to the ground well in advance realising this sort of thing was likely to happen.

5) Have a word with myself about the massive irony and hypocrisy of a set of supporters going on and on and on and on about "Justice for the 96" then trying to repeat the same scenario and having the nerve to blame the police again.

Thier own fault really, all those fkn idiots that travled without tickets have caused mayhem, yes the allocation of tickets they got was a disgrace 17000 tichets for a Champions League final is very poor and that did create a mass of fans without tickets still turning up.

People geting in then passing their tickets back to other fans to get in, forged tickets being used to get in and it all in the end cost fans with genuine tickets from getting into the ground.

The mass surge on the gates was what helped make the decision to close the gorund down 10 mins before kick off..

Will they ever learn?  Lovable scousers, greatest fans in the world, my arse tbh.  The majority might be alright, I don't know, but there's enough of them living the scouse stereotype who are always on the blag, to always end up creating scenarios like this.  Don't blame the Athens coppers for having to react to people trying to scale the stadium walls to get in.  It's not their fault that a load of tramps with no tickets turned up and blagged their way into a football game they had no right to be at.  Reports on the radio this morning of fans with no tickets, counterfeit tickets, or just colour photocopies of tickets.  f****** stay at home if you don't have a ticket you thieving tramps.

Soon they'll have to have barcode tickets with barcode-reading gates at every stadium.

Got to be a good thing though I think. Especially if the scouse mongs are lurking about. There's only one team in Liverpool!!!

Thier own fault really, all those fkn idiots that travled without tickets have caused mayhem, yes the allocation of tickets they got was a disgrace 17000 tichets for a Champions League final is very poor and that did create a mass of fans without tickets still turning up.

People geting in then passing their tickets back to other fans to get in, forged tickets being used to get in and it all in the end cost fans with genuine tickets from getting into the ground.

The mass surge on the gates was what helped make the decision to close the gorund down 10 mins before kick off..

I think I saw somewhere that the 17,000 was actually split, 6,000 went to Liverpool "elites" (I've just made that word up because I'm not really sure who it was but it wasn't the season ticket holders!) and then the other 11,000 went to season ticket holders. Even more tickets to be touted.

Guest alex

That raises a good point though. While I don't condone the actions of people getting in on a counterfeit ticket or those forcing their way in etc. (especially given the historical lessons that should have been learned etc.) the club was partly to blame for by giving so much of their allocation to corporate 'fans'.

What would you have done given the following scenario?

1) You have managed to buy an official champions league final ticket going down official channels.

2) You forked out over the odds for flights and transport to get to Athens, maybe even went on official Liverpool FC transport.

3) You arrive at the ground to be told it is full and there is no way you can get in.

4) The police acknowledge that because of undetected forged tickets, fans having "proper" tickets have no chance of getting in and must leave the area surrounding the stadium.

Then the f*cking BBC stand there and wonder why there was scrapping with the Greek police and some fans tried scaling the stadium walls to get in. I would have went f*cking beserk if that was me. What's the betting that UEFA might only offer to refund the ticket price. Feel sorry for them.

don't liverpool fans have a history of this(cue pictures of scousers swinging from the windows of the twin towers) and using scullduggery to get into grounds.

One of the tramps (not saying all Scousers are tramps but those who try to get in without proper tickets are) was asking on toontastic if they would get away with last seasons ticket to get into the Newcastle vs Liverpool game this season.

No respect for their own these people, aye cheers mate glad you had a good time blagging your way in while I got battered outside by the Greek police with my official match ticket in my pocket!

Guest Invicta_Toon

if some cunt is getting in on a colour photocopied ticket and I get knocked back damn right I might get a bit stabby about it

Guest alex

if some cunt is getting in on a colour photocopied ticket and I get knocked back damn right I might get a bit stabby about it

That cunt being a 'fellow supporter' in this instance.

By the way did anyone happen to recognise the Liverpool fan, from Yorkshire, who ITV were following about as he tried to get a ticket for the game? He has very close links to the club over the past couple of weeks.

Guest Invicta_Toon

you'd invite him round for tea and biscuits I guess

Guest alex

you'd invite him round for tea and biscuits I guess

Chill out Steve. I was making the point that these fans were shitting on their own. Not like you to get the wrong end of the stick though.

Guest NUFCnutter

Damn right I would be angry. All it took was a UV light to tell the real tickets from the fakes. Can the Greeks not afford UV lights? Its the Greek Authorities fault for allowing touts to sell fakes, for letting fans in with fakes and Uefa and LFC fault for shite allocation proceedures.

Hmm, I think the football authorities have to take the blame for allowing anyone into the ground with a forged ticket - it is their responsibilty to check and verify everyone who goes in, and I don't see how they managed not to do that.

If they had proper processes for checking and admitting fans this wouldn't have happened - disgraceful.