Championship play-off - Derby County promoted

midds

They'll be straight back down though imo. Very much like Sheff Utd they have virtually no skill at all in their side but a great team ethic. Can't see them splashing out more than Sunderland or even Birmingham will.

Disagree with this I think they will just manage to stay up.

They have got the Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand of the Championship division. With JOnes and Barnes they have some real quality in their side. But obsiouly they definitely need to buy more qualities. They need  2 good strikers and few more midfielders.

Guest kingdawson

Barnes = goal.

hmmmmmm

Pearsen = goal

Has to tell Howard where to put the ball, then puts it on a plate for Pearson.

Again, Barnes = goal.

:rolleyes:

He's just put out as he claimed that Barnes wasnt playing.

Yes he wasent in the starting line up was he?

chezgiven says STEP YOUR SPELLING GAME UP.

Very original :clap: :rolleyes:

Actually, it was an original thing to say :|

Plus very sound advice!

well considering ive got more or less the same thing written on my sign its not very original is it.

They'll be straight back down though imo. Very much like Sheff Utd they have virtually no skill at all in their side but a great team ethic. Can't see them splashing out more than Sunderland or even Birmingham will.

Disagree with this I think they will just manage to stay up.

They have got the Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand of the Championship division. With JOnes and Barnes they have some real quality in their side. But obsiouly they definitely need to buy more qualities. They need  2 good strikers and few more midfielders.

I think they need to spend a whole new defence to be honest.  He's an excellent tactician Billy Davies, he realised they couldn't beat WBA in an open game, so he closed the whole game down with Oakley and in particular Seth Johnson rarely getting forward when Derby were on the attack, as an insurance policy.  You can't do this in the Premiership, unless the players sitting are the likes of Makalele or Mascherano, and you have GENUINE quality on the counter attack.  I think Derby will fair better than Watford in terms of points, but still fancy them to be relegated with Fulham and Wigan.

Barnes = goal.

hmmmmmm

Pearsen = goal

Again, Barnes = goal.

Plus very sound advice!

well considering ive got more or less the same thing written on my sign its not very original is it.

It was meant as a pisstake tbh, your sig makes you come across as a bit of an arrogant twat. Not saying you are, it just gives off that impression.  :)

I think they need to spend a whole new defence to be honest.  He's an excellent tactician Billy Davies, he realised they couldn't beat WBA in an open game, so he closed the whole game down with Oakley and in particular Seth Johnson rarely getting forward when Derby were on the attack, as an insurance policy.  You can't do this in the Premiership, unless the players sitting are the likes of Makalele or Mascherano, and you have GENUINE quality on the counter attack.  I think Derby will fair better than Watford in terms of points, but still fancy them to be relegated with Fulham and Wigan.

Excellent tactician Davies is. Think he will come up with other suitable tactics to survive in the Premiership. He took the risk and spend big (relatively) during January when they were top of the league. He got in some players that make massive contributions to the promotion. Think he is certainly brave yet sophiscated enough to take risks and get the right players during this summer.

Barnes = goal.

hmmmmmm

Pearsen = goal

Again, Barnes = goal.

Plus very sound advice!

It was meant as a pisstake tbh, your sig makes you come across as a bit of an arrogant 13 year old twat. Not saying you are, it just gives off that impression.  :)

FYP ;)

Barnes = goal.

hmmmmmm

Pearsen = goal

Again, Barnes = goal.

Plus very sound advice!

It was meant as a pisstake tbh, your sig makes you come across as a bit of an arrogant 13 year old twat. Not saying you are, it just gives off that impression.  :)

FYP ;)

Cheers for the heads-up  :thup:

Excellent tactician Davies is. Think he will come up with other suitable tactics to survive in the Premiership. He took the risk and spend big (relatively) during January when they were top of the league. He got in some players that make massive contributions to the promotion. Think he is certainly brave yet sophiscated enough to take risks and get the right players during this summer.

I think they need at least 5 or 6 to play an open expansive game week in week out.  One who clearly has the ability is Giles Barnes, I think Steve Howard, while he could be a handful is going to be ineffectual against fast tall athletic defenders like Rio Ferdinand though.  You could tell how excited he sounded to be playing at St James' though next season, came across as a top lad despite his Chester Le Street accent.

I think the two players they have who have the quality requirted in the Premiership are Barnes, and young Jones, both were subs, partly because of fitness concerns and partly because of the tactics Davies employed.

I think they need at least 5 or 6 to play an open expansive game week in week out.  One who clearly has the ability is Giles Barnes, I think Steve Howard, while he could be a handful is going to be ineffectual against fast tall athletic defenders like Rio Ferdinand though.  You could tell how excited he sounded to be playing at St James' though next season, came across as a top lad despite his Chester Le Street accent.

I think the two players they have who have the quality requirted in the Premiership are Barnes, and young Jones, both were subs, partly because of fitness concerns and partly because of the tactics Davies employed.

Agree with you that they certainly need more qualities, but it looks to me that there will be some uncertainties and weakened teams next season and if Derby can make use of the situation they might just survive. Wigan and Fulham have new managers and mediocre teams. Steve Bruce's Birmingham rely heavily on players' quality this season so next season they might struggle as they will face better players. So maybe Derby will just finish bottom 4th?

I don't know it is just an educated guess.

Agree with you that they certainly need more qualities, but it looks to me that there will be some uncertainties and weakened teams next season and if Derby can make use of the situation they might just survive. Wigan and Fulham have new managers and mediocre teams. Steve Bruce's Birmingham rely heavily on players' quality this season so next season they might struggle as they will face better players. So maybe Derby will just finish bottom 4th?

I don't know it is just an educated guess.

Where do you think yous will come next season Delima?  I think yous could be in the relegation shake up to be honest if Yakubu leaves as well.

Where do you think yous will come next season Delima?  I think yous could be in the relegation shake up to be honest if Yakubu leaves as well.

Newcastle United haven't bought Yakubu so the question of Yakubu leaving does not exist ...  O0

Surely this opens the opportunity for us to sign Curtis Davies with the top 4 except from the possibility of Arsenal already having a set back 4 and with Tottenham already having Dawson and King, first team premiership football here seems his most viable option

Surely this opens the opportunity for us to sign Curtis Davies with the top 4 except from the possibility of Arsenal already having a set back 4 and with Tottenham already having Dawson and King, first team premiership football here seems his most viable option

I'm wary of players who have had long term injury problems now.  There's more to it than the biology of a players body too, I just think some players are unlucky.

Guest Morph

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBY!

Missed the entire first half 'cos I was playing cricket at South Hetton.  Unbelievable stuff.  Gutted that some of yous are so narrow minded as to believe Derby are going to break Sunderland's record.  We aren't that bad!  I do however think it's going to be a tough season, and I hope there's no OTT transfer dealings.  Rumour has it Billy Davies won't be around for the start of the season though...

ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM? ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM? ARE YOU WATCHING, ARE YOU WATCHING, ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM!

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBY!

Missed the entire first half 'cos I was playing cricket at South Hetton.  Unbelievable stuff.  Gutted that some of yous are so narrow minded as to believe Derby are going to break Sunderland's record.  We aren't that bad!  I do however think it's going to be a tough season, and I hope there's no OTT transfer dealings.  Rumour has it Billy Davies won't be around for the start of the season though...

ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM? ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM? ARE YOU WATCHING, ARE YOU WATCHING, ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM!

Think he's off to Man City?

Losing your manager i'd say Derby are destined to go back down, with Barnes doing a Young in the process.

Guest FlapjackJoe

I think the similarities between Watford and Derby are startling.  Both promoted via the play-offs, both hard-working teams with little flair, both with up-and-coming young managers that seem to wring the best out of their players, both having one star player responsible for getting them promoted (King / Barnes), etc.

I think Derby will struggle.

Having said that, I was cheering for them (not just today, but all season), so I hope they do well.  Maybe they can turn out like a Reading (or Wigan 2005/06) rather than a Watford.

I reckon Derby will struggle aswell, they're just not a Premiership side at the moment. From an attacking point of view, they're alright and could be quite dangerous if they hold onto key figures, but i reckon they'll need atleast three new defenders if they're going to survive in the Premiership next year.

Guest Morph

Billy Davies is a better manager than Boothroyd.  Davies isn't as young as him either.  Wouldn't surprise me if he went to citeh and turned them round.

I think the similarities between Watford and Derby are startling.  Both promoted via the play-offs, both hard-working teams with little flair, both with up-and-coming young managers that seem to wring the best out of their players, both having one star player responsible for getting them promoted (King / Barnes), etc.

I think Derby will struggle.

Having said that, I was cheering for them (not just today, but all season), so I hope they do well.  Maybe they can turn out like a Reading (or Wigan 2005/06) rather than a Watford.

The similarity is startling but it is also not identical.

For a start Billy Davies is significantly older (still young overall) and has more managing experience. Derby also has better flair player - David Jones, Giles Barnes as compared to Bouzza, Young. Watford had an excellent keeper and decent Championship defence whereas Derby has decent keeper but excellent defense.

The reason Watford has been poor result wise this season is that the summer buyings were unsuccessful (Damien Francis, Danny Shittu, Tamas Priskin, Tommy Smith), and a lot more importantly, the long term injury of their top scorer Marlon King. If Derby is just slightly luckier with no major long term injury next season, and with some better tranfers,  then Derby will have significantly better chance to stay up.

I reckon Derby will struggle aswell, they're just not a Premiership side at the moment. From an attacking point of view, they're alright and could be quite dangerous if they hold onto key figures, but i reckon they'll need atleast three new defenders if they're going to survive in the Premiership next year.

What !?

If anything they need to buy new attacking players not defensive players. Darren Moore, Dean Leacock are better than our defenders now. If we couldn't get Sol Campbell we could just get his look alike Moore from Derby. Derby have one of the best defensive record in the Championship and one of the worst attacking records among the top championship clubs.

Darren Moore looked absolute shit last time around in the prem when he was at Brom I thought

Don't question Delima, he is obviously top class, thats why we moved to another championship club!

Davies blantantly wont stay.