Worst debut you've seen from a toon player

Liam Liam Liam O

Guest Darth Toon

Martins versus Villa comes close - ambled around doing sod all for an hour or so then stretchered off with an injury that looked serious at the time.

Fumaca

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~riks/fumaca1.jpg

yeah, without a doubt, Jose Antunes Fumanca.

or that lad Sunderland bought... can't recall his name... from Honduras... basically they bought the wrong player, and he was s***, they subbed him on, then off 10 mins later...

EDIT>>>>> below is the lad im on about... Milton Nunez.... extract taken from ALS

Milton Nunez (5’5”). Lied about both his playing career and his height, as he was neither an international or any higher than 4’10”. Arriving in a blaze of publicity, playing half a game against Wimbledon at the SoL and half a game away to Luton in the League Cup, you’d have to have been both dedicated and of impressive ocular capacity to have spotted him. We tried, unsuccessfully, to get our money back, but the case fizzled out and we ended up paying legal costs (which has been kept very quiet). Last seen beneath a bunch of 12-year-old autograph hunters at Kingsway, Bishop Auckland. 2 half games, 0 goals.

I remember seeing Nunez play for the mackem reserves at Kingston Park. He got injured and instead of waiting for a stretcher the sunderland physio carried him off in his arms like a little baby.

Back on topic i remember Fumacas being particularly awful!

Amdy Faye? I don't remember it, but it must've been s*** as he was absolutely awful everytime he played.

Against Coventry in the FA Cup, he was actually quite good iirc.

Guest posadageordie

Rob McKinnon v Spurs, we got tonked, Waddle gave him nightmares and he never played again.

Faye's first half season for us was half decent in all honesty.

Boumsong vs Yeading, of what i can remember.

Can never remember Fumaca. What was up with him? Bought-wrong-play thing or what?

Guest andynufc84

Remember Fumaca in game at home V West Ham a few years ago, all them pointless step overs

He was just crap basically, i'm sure he got rejected by a string of lower league clubs before coming to Newcastle as well.

Martins versus Villa comes close - ambled around doing sod all for an hour or so then stretchered off with an injury that looked serious at the time.

yes was going to mention that :lol: quite hilarious (with hindsight obviously)... really looked like he had snapped his knee/leg or something, well weird.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Sometime in the mid 70's I think a keeper called Tony Bell made his debut away to Tottenham. Think he scored but sadly for Spurs so I suppose you cant get much worse than that.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I can think of a couple of players having shockers (Boumsong most of the time). But I remember Michael Proctor playin for mackems upfront, they got totally spanked like 3 or 4-0 and Proctor scored 2 own goals and he was their striker (*sigh* Good times :smitten:  mackems.gif) lol.

And i guess another 1 is Jonathon Woodgates comeback match for Real Madrid after only playing like 2matches for them before he got injured and was out for the rest of the season. His comeback match had all the hype and everything and in the end he scored an own goal and got sent off after about 50mins. I guess you cant really get much worse than that.