The Adriano Dilemma

KaKa

The problem with people here is that they expect the player to be an instant hit,otherwise he's a flop and we should get rid of him, people started booing Luque before he even played 8 games with the club, people are already saying we should sell Martins even though he is 21 and just played a season in our team.. no matter who comes in the summer its important to give him time to adapt to the style of football we play here, otherwise we can just fill a team of 11 georides because they (want the best for the club) and are (good in training)..because everyone else will be a lazy forigener..

The problem with people here is that they expect the player to be an instant hit,otherwise he's a flop and we should get rid of him, people started booing Luque before he even played 8 games with the club, people are already saying we should sell Martins even though he is 21 and just played a season in our team.. no matter who comes in the summer its important to give him time to adapt to the style of football we play here, otherwise we can just fill a team of 11 georides because they (want the best for the club) and are (good in training)..because everyone else will be a lazy forigener..

Still hasn't in my book... 6 league starts in his Newcastle career.

Agreed... Most people are just:

1. Shallow

2. Impatient

It's probably due to age and maybe other factors as well I guess.

Life is like a game of chess.. sometimes you just have to be patient, anticipate, predict before hand in order to checkmate.

A pawn may be slow but it has the potential to turn into a queen and change the entire game.

Regards,

Ericz.

Agreed... Most people are just:

1. Shallow

2. Impatient

It's probably due to age and maybe other factors as well I guess.

Life is like a game of chess.. sometimes you just have to be patient, anticipate, predict before hand in order to checkmate.

A pawn may be slow but it has the potential to turn into a queen and change the entire game.

Regards,

Ericz.

Just think, Luque could still be queen.

Lets start by building up a core of problem free players in the mold of Speed, Shearer, Taylor, Given etc. getting rid of the bad apples like Dyer, Baba and the likes. After that Sam can do his magic and rescue the careers of the misunderstood. If the culture is professional they would have to adopt to that, right now we have a circus-culture here and Adriano wouldnt really help put that straight.

Good points.

Adriano is an exceptionnal player but injury and hes partying have taken him don in form, but the last 2 months hes been in good form, and while its not the Adriano we all know, hes getting slowly back to his old form before the World Cup. I think the injuries and the World Cup hit hard on him, and it was his first world cup and its never easy to get knock out the way they did, playing extremely bad football and especially him who was criticized for his bad football. He will get back soon, but you have to remember that Ibrahimovic is most likely leaving Inter after picture of him and ex-Juventus president Moggi were taken when both were sitting together. When Zlatan today met with the fans he was extremely booed and called stuff. I guess his time is gonna be short at Inter, with Capello showing interest. I would see this as very unrealistic and all though he has all these attributes to be good at the premiership, i dont think he would fit in Necastle. Id rather see Viduka over here on a free and for all that money we could spend on Adriano try to get Sol, Baines and some right fullback from South America or someone in style with Solano. I would love a younger Solano would be amazing!

Guest ryunufc

even when he scores 20 goals/season regularly, adriano is still a big gamble. he appears to have all the attributes, but we know it is not enough. many players failed to adapt because they did not like the weather, make no attempt to to adjust with the lifestyle etc. loan would be a good deal, a view for permanent deal like julio baptista.

I would rather take a gamble on Darren Bent, I know that might not excite some so my backup choice is Darrenzo Bentinho.

I like the sounds of him. Got a video of him?

Sorry can't post the link, its on metube though.

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/01.jpg

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/02.jpg

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/03.jpg

Get him in!

Even if this takeover does occur, does anyone think we will get any extravagent transfer funds?? Ashley obviously isint in the same financial league as Abrahmovic so i dont tink he would be willling to risk too much of his income of a manager he hasn't appionted, To be honest, having spent £133m on this club, and with about £30m (?) to spend this summer pre Ashley, does anyone think that he would  put anymore than another £30m to the kitty? Bare in mind that the takeover will be big footballing news, surely £60-70m wont last too far with clubs magically raising the prices of their players EVEN more when we come sniffing??

Adriano....£26m...i cant see SA waniting to spend that even on Adriano

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/01.jpg

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/02.jpg

http://gallery.quotidiano.net/adriano_foto_ricatto/03.jpg

Get him in!

Just looking at the pics it is clear he is a legend.

dont think he is the player we need atm, especially for that amount of money

I think it is possible to get him for 10, 15 , 20 million, his price really dropped after his peformence this season and just like Martins we could get him on the cheap, but i think alot of other clubs are intrested in him aswell.

errrr ,martins wasnt cheap?? £10m on a 22 year who didn't really play a great deal. Adriano will never go for anything less then £20m...guarantueed.

If you look at it that way, the deal is considerd cheap for any normal club,getting a 21 yearold wonderkid with loads of talent and who used to be priced twice as much a year before we signed him is kinda cheap, but the fact that under Glenn Roeder we managed our players in the most retarted way possible, and not being able to get 50% from any of our players (aside from James Milner) make Martins blameless for me, i am sure that under Sam Allardyce he will prove that he is worth alot more then what we payed for him.

Guest Alan_Shearer

errrr ,martins wasnt cheap?? £10m on a 22 year who didn't really play a great deal. Adriano will never go for anything less then £20m...guarantueed.

Untrue, i'd predict around 15 mil, you'd have thought the same about Ruud Van Nistelrooy, but he went for about £13 mil wasnt it when he was and still is worth way way more.