Nani

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

With Nani desperate to get into the EPL why couldn't we go in for him witht he backing of Mike Ashley's billions, he has been dubbed the next Cristiano Ronaldo and could be the creative force we really need. At 12million he is a bit of a gamble, but would it be worth it if we unearthed the next major player. Just to prove we have a chance read this, he speaks of his desire to move to an English club and wouldn't rule out anyone, we would be able to gurantee him a first-team place so...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=spurs-in-nani-fight%26method=full%26objectid=19209177%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

PORTUGUESE wonder-kid Nani says he is desperate to move to England after becoming the centre of a £12million transfer battle between Tottenham and Manchester United.

Mirror Sport revealed on Saturday that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and sporting director Damien Commoli will meet with Sporting Lisbon this week to try and beat United to sign 20-year-old Nani.

The player has been a target for United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who believes he could develop into the next Cristiano Ronaldo.

But now it is Martin Jol and bigspending Spurs who have stolen a march on United as they look to follow up the £10m signing of Southampton left-back Gareth Bale, 17, with a swoop for Nani and Charlton's £10m-rated striker Darren Bent.

Winger Nani has recently turned down a new deal at Sporting and wants to move to the Premiership.

He said: "Sporting know my opinion about this subject. If an offer arrives which offers a good opportunity then I want to talk about it.

"Going to England is one of my options because the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and it will be a big challenge. But I have not spoken or made up my mind about any one club. I am prepared to go to England because I believe I would progress there."

Ambitious Tottenham are desperate to compete with the likes of Manchester United and break into the top four.

They insist striker Dimitar Berbatov is not for sale despite United's interest - now Jol and Levy are ready to try and steal one of Ferguson's top targets.

£12m well spent imo.

Has enough pace to survive the EPL.

Would be a good player to build a new team around.

But:

Manu = Big club & Ronaldo

SPuds = London

NUFC = Good money

Depends what he wants in life.

Guest nufc 4 life

he has been quoted in wanting to sign for Manure, but could they gurantee first-team slot and this latest interview shows he is open-minded, however i don't think SA would  be looking at him unfortunately, i do thhink he is the type of player we have missed out on in the last few years

HE SHOUTS THE TRUTH.

Although Hugo wasn't as bad/useless as he was made out to be in the end/after the Marseille defeat, played his part in some of the best moments in this club's recent history.

This Summer is going to be absolute torture, innit?

WE HAVEN'T HAD MUCH LUCK IN THE PAST WITH PORTUGUESE WONDER KIDS, HAVE WE???

I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD COMPARE HIM TO VIANA, BUT LIKE I SAID HE HAS ENOUGH PACE TO COMPETE IN THE EPL, YOU WOULD BE BEST TO COMPARE HIM TO RONALDO THAN VIANA.

With Nani desperate to get into the EPL why couldn't we go in for him

Have not seen a lot of him, just read the hype. But if he is anywhere near as good as Ronaldo then yes, but as he is only 5ft 9inch  I reckon he may not be physical enough for the Premierleague.

Guest Ridzuan

Would be a good deal if it happens but with the likes of Manchester United in the mix,Im sure it will difficult for us or any club to lure him here although he has said that he has not made up his mind about any particular club.

I really want to know the way people go on about the likes of Nani when they blatantly have only witnessed a 3 minute clip of him on youtube and heard there's a lot of hype surrounding the lad from all sections across the board.

Guest nufc 4 life

Have not seen a lot of him, just read the hype. But if he is anywhere near as good as Ronaldo then yes, but as he is only 5ft 9inch  I reckon he may not be physical enough for the Premierleague.

Martins is only 5ft 7in, david bentely 5ft 9in aaron lennon 5ft 5in

point proven

Guest nufc 4 life

I really want to know the way people go on about the likes of Nani when they blatantly have only witnessed a 3 minute clip of him on youtube and heard there's a lot of hype surrounding the lad from all sections across the board.

i'm not going on about him and there hasnt' been that much hype around him i think this is the 1st thread about him actually.

Have not seen a lot of him, just read the hype. But if he is anywhere near as good as Ronaldo then yes, but as he is only 5ft 9inch  I reckon he may not be physical enough for the Premierleague.

point proven

Add Owen & Bellamy  to that list as well.

One thing they all have in common, pace, which Nani has, well enough, its not blistering but its effective at the least.

Viana was as slow as Shearer and with the strength of me nana, not a winning combo for an EPL player.

Guest nufc 4 life

was going to, but couldn't be arsed to find out what size they were adn they aren't wingers lol, but at leats they have proven they are strong enough

was going to, but couldn't be arsed to find out what isze they were adn they aren't wingers lol, but at leats they have proven they are strong enough

Neither is Martins ;)

There small, that is all, they've played for NUFC so they must be under 6ft like every player we sign.

Guest nufc 4 life

was going to, but couldn't be arsed to find out what isze they were adn they aren't wingers lol, but at leats they have proven they are strong enough

Neither is Martins ;)

There small, that is all, they've played for NUFC so they must be under 6ft like every player we sign.

yeah i know, i had bit meself in the bum there, but with Martins he is ridiculously strong for his size

Martins has bit of bulk. Bentlely & Lennon have a never say die british mentailty to the game.:thup:

He could be more Jose Dominguez than Cristiano Ronaldo. But if he is as good as the stuff I have read  then it would be a good signing.