Good News For England....

Guest Morph

Guest kingdawson

Think the mug Mclaren is going to opt for Carragher over King :uglystupid2:.

You got to be kidding me..

No honestly, Mclaren will probably pick carragher over king.

Probably because Carragher is alot better than King

Carragher's a better centre-back than King tbh.

Not that he's ever done anything particularly special for England, Carragher, whereas King always seems to perform very well every time he plays.

Guest kingdawson

Probably because Carragher is alot better than King

Nah disagree  totally. I honestly feel Carragher is one of the most overrated players in the leagues. Also King always performs for his country whilst Carragher rarely has a good game. Besides i tend to agree with the opinions of top class strikers that have played against him (Thierry Henry) then newcastle online forum members named dragon55544 :thup:

Carragher's a better centre-back than King tbh.

Not that he's ever done anything particularly special for England, Carragher, whereas King always seems to perform very well every time he plays.

indeed

Carragher is massively overrated thb 'best defender in europe etc' but he's a lot better than King

Guest Invicta_Toon

good news for England?

well, thanks to Fat Fred England gets 50% of all future FA revenues, and all league clubs have to pay into a pot for when the likes of Owen gets injured

How exactly is Carragher overrated? Against physical opponenets he has done well, consistently. Against skillful opponenets he has done well, consistently.

King a good defender he is is not as good as Carragher. And he is just back from the injury and not exactly his oldself.

Guest kingdawson

How exactly is Carragher overrated? Against physical opponenets he has done well, consistently. Against skillful opponenets he has done well, consistently.

King a good defender he is is not as good as Carragher. And he is just back from the injury and not exactly his oldself.

:o :o. Have you ever seen a duel between Carragher and Henry?? trust me its a massacre. Carragher is the sort of defender thats made a name for himself for his last ditch tackles. Funnily enough its his poor positional sense that makes him commit those tackles in the first place. Add to that he continuously gives away free kicks.

Ledley King on the other hand is imho the cleanest tackler in the premiership.

:o :o. Have you ever seen a duel between Carragher and Henry?? trust me its a massacre. Carragher is the sort of defender thats made a name for himself for his last ditch tackles. Funnily enough its his poor positional sense that makes him commit those tackles in the first place. Add to that he continuously gives away free kicks.

Do you see how Carragher play against Barcelona and AC Milan? Very part and parcel of one of the premiership best defenses for 2 consecutive seasons.  Yeah he may make those last ditch tackles but if his tackles help him defend well so be it.

Guest Triglett

King is truly awesome. Injuries are the only thing holding him back (although I'm sure some would argue Spurs are too - had he been at a higher profile club, he'd definitely be recognised as one of the top CBs in Europe). Every bit as good as Berbatov. Except he's a defender. You know what I mean though.

King is truly awesome. Injuries are the only thing holding him back (although I'm sure some would argue Spurs are too - had he been at a higher profile club, he'd definitely be recognised as one of the top CBs in Europe). Every bit as good as Berbatov. Except he's a defender. You know what I mean though.

Think you've slightly over-egged the pudding there mind. He's good but he's not that good.

Guest Triglett

Think you've slightly over-egged the pudding there mind. He's good but he's not that good.

I don't. Seriously, I like to think I can be objective, even about Spurs, and he is the dogs. I wish he got the praise he deserves  :'(

Not gonna happen when he's playing DM for England though. AGAIN. Ahead of Carrick. Fucking tosspot of a manager.

I don't. Seriously, I like to think I can be objective, even about Spurs, and he is the dogs. I wish he got the praise he deserves  :'(

Not gonna happen when he's playing DM for England though. AGAIN. Ahead of Carrick. Fucking tosspot of a manager.

Fair enough, but I don't think you'd get too many neutrals agreeing with you that he's one of the top CB's in Europe - regardless of who he plays for. He's simply not. You're entitled to your opinion though.  :thup:

Do you see how Carragher play against Barcelona and AC Milan? Very part and parcel of one of the premiership best defenses for 2 consecutive seasons.  Yeah he may make those last ditch tackles but if his tackles help him defend well so be it.

Does that include the Champs League final? the same final in which Carragher was at fault for both goals.