Allardyce on holiday...

TRon

seems to be making more progress in the transfer market from his sunbed than most of our previous managers have done during most of the close season. Glen Roeder spent most of last summer sending Michael Owen grovelling phone texts...which were probably deleted un-opened.

Does SA take his headset off when he turns the lights out at night? Or do you reckon he leaves it on to use as an alarm call in the morning?

Viduka appears close to signing. Parker appears close to leaving. His Bolton backroom team are close to arriving. Had talks with Owen while definitely on holiday I believe. I'd call that progress...

If i can have Baines, Viduka, Ben Haim & Boateng (might as well add him in even though i know nowt about him but for £1m its worth a gamble) in and Parker out by next week this would be good progress.

He better hurry his arse up and get back, the most important player we have been linked with so far could be off to Liverpool, Leighton Baines is a life long Liverpool fan and now they are after him..