Transfer possibilities

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Viduka - free

Haim - free

Baines - £5m

Boateng - £1m

All this funded by Parker's sale in effect.

If this happens, that will be cracking business by the new manager - players who will not only improve the first-team but the squad too. Furthermore, bar Viduka, all are 24 and under.

Fingers crossed  :thup:

Viduka - free

Haim - free

Baines - £5m

Boateng - £1m

All this funded by Parker's sale in effect.

If this happens, that will be cracking business by the new manager - players who will not only improve the first-team but the squad too. Furthermore, bar Viduka, all are 24 and under.

Fingers crossed  :thup:

Agree totally. If this lot comes off then we have made one big corrective step forward.

Guest alex

Would be excellent business. Still a few more i'd really like to see go though. Carr, Dyer and Luque mainly. Get £5-6m in for them 3 and let the rest of the rebuilding begin.

we could get 5million for dyer alone

And nothing for the other two ;)

Guest DavB93

Baines for £5m.................. NOT A CHANCE!

Got to agree but don't think it will take much more, as for Nonda Roma can keep him or Blackburn can buy him...didn't rate him at all.

I think Baines (or another quality fullback) is absolutely essential for us at this point. We can't start the season with the jokers we have at the moment, although all could potentially stay as back-up.

If we don't get Viduka I'll need to rethink the avatar!

Why do you think Baines will cost more than £5m? I'd pay £5-7m for his anyway. When Chimbonda wanted to leave they were going on about how there is no way they would sell him for anything less than a ridiculous price. All we need is Baines to say he wants to leave and we would be able to get him for around that price. Might take a few weeks, but once Wigan give up hope they will have to sell.

Guest Knightrider

I could be reading into things here like, but it seems to me Big Sam is working around the takeover thing and getting in tried and trusted inexpensive improvements while he can, i.e. he's being opportunistic, regardless of how much money he'll have to spend when the takeover is complete. I like it. I can't remember the last time we had an opportunistic manager in charge who went after players he needed and not just players he could afford.

Guest DavB93

Why do you think Baines will cost more than £5m? I'd pay £5-7m for his anyway. When Chimbonda wanted to leave they were going on about how there is no way they would sell him for anything less than a ridiculous price. All we need is Baines to say he wants to leave and we would be able to get him for around that price. Might take a few weeks, but once Wigan give up hope they will have to sell.

Well I don't think (I stand to be corrected) that Baines hasn't asked to leave plus just the way the market is think we'll have to pay more than 5million.

Would be excellent business. Still a few more i'd really like to see go though. Carr, Dyer and Luque mainly. Get £5-6m in for them 3 and let the rest of the rebuilding begin.

we could get 5million for dyer alone

Dunno about that. Maybe £3.5m-4m. People will look at his injury record and that knocks his price down  even if he has been fit lately. A few million for Dyer is great money though. Gets an injury prone, overrated, massive earner of the wage bill.

Well I don't think (I stand to be corrected) that Baines hasn't asked to leave plus just the way the market is think we'll have to pay more than 5million.

Not yet he hasn't. We aren't even out of May yet.

Guest DavB93

Not yet he hasn't. We aren't even out of May yet.

I know it's early but players will want to get there future's sorted sooner rather than later.

Guest Knightrider

Not sure what to make of Baines tbh.

From what I've seen he's in the John Beresford mould but with a bit more tenacity in the tackle. He is by no means a brilliant defender, but going forward he's quick, links up play well and sends in good crosses, he's also quite good in the air despite being cock-height. I think he'd be a good signing because there is clearly room for improvement there meaning we don't just improve a position that needs improving, but we could also end up with a player who will make the position his own for years to come. He'd be a better option than Bridge in my opinion as he's less injury prone, younger and will therefore be more hungry and more eager to learn. By all accounts he's a quiet lad, the model pro type, too.

Guest DavB93

From what I've seen he's in the John Beresford mould but with a bit more tenacity in the tackle. He is by no means a brilliant defender, but going forward he's quick, links up play well and sends in good crosses, he's also quite good in the air despite being cock-height. I think he'd be a good signing because there is clearly room for improvement there meaning we don't just improve a position that needs improving, but we could also end up with a player who will make the position his own for years to come. He'd be a better option than Bridge in my opinion as he's less injury prone, younger and will therefore be more hungry and more eager to learn. By all accounts he's a quiet lad, the model pro type, too.

:clap:  Got to agree with you there.

Very good at set-pieces too.

I could be reading into things here like, but it seems to me Big Sam is working around the takeover thing and getting in tried and trusted inexpensive improvements while he can, i.e. he's being opportunistic, regardless of how much money he'll have to spend when the takeover is complete. I like it. I can't remember the last time we had an opportunistic manager in charge who went after players he needed and not just players he could afford.

Well let's hope that's actually the case. I'm getting anxious for us to start bringing people in. We've been linked with a lot but so far there's only been departures. Admittedly it's only May 31st though, plenty of time yet, just the more paper talk I hear the more I want to hear more than just rumours.

:)

Guest DavB93

Bit off topic but what do people think Sam will do about Duff and N'Zogbia, N'Zogbia had cracking 1st season and I admit he was very poor last season but would like the lad to be given another chance.

Guest Knightrider

Very good at set-pieces too.

Another plus point then. God knows ours are poor, although I expect that to change under Allardyce.

Add possibly Nonda for £2m, and it's looking good.

poor poor player.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that 8 goals for someone who was on the bench most of the time in his first season in English football is a good return. For £2m, would be worth a look at as back-up as well. Good at holding the ball up too.