We badly need a playmaker/creative player

Guest Knightrider

The players we needed went last summer and we missed the boat. Aimar and Van Der Vaart. They went for about £6m each roughly and while Roeder umm'ed and ahhr'ed about signing Duff, these lads signed for Zaragoza and Hamburg respectively. A fucking travesty.  :rant:

If Emre was managed properly, he should be more than capable of playing behind the front two.  He has a lot of creative ability imo though I would say he has been guilty of going missing away from SJP.  Saying that, I dont think any of our midfielders have been given any direction or role in recent times.

Emre is nothing but a playmaker. This is exactly the role he was designed for a la Beardsley. Not sure Big Sam will want him here next season, but he might see him playing a JJ Okocha type of role.

Haven't seen much of him so don't really know if he's a playmaker / creative player we're looking for, but how about Joao Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon?

He's good, and would be REALLY expensive. Short little fella, we were linked with him under Souness when we played them in the UEFA cup if i dont remember it wrong, Quite creative, good passer as many other portuguese players.

But not one for us, too expensive and is being linked with arsenal from what i have heard. I have not seen him much.

If Emre was managed properly, he should be more than capable of playing behind the front two.  He has a lot of creative ability imo though I would say he has been guilty of going missing away from SJP.  Saying that, I dont think any of our midfielders have been given any direction or role in recent times.

Emre is nothing but a playmaker. This is exactly the role he was designed for a la Beardsley. Not sure Big Sam will want him here next season, but he might see him playing a JJ Okocha type of role.

Mmm I do think Emre is class, I hope he is used in a role like this, I really do remember he had some delicious final touches during the dark-Souness Era.

Guest BooBoo

Given his career at Newcastle (never saw him play for Inter), Emre has shown very little evidecne to suggest he is creative playmaker. FFS have you seen his dead ball delivery?!

I think Emre has changed a lot since he first came he. When he joined he would surge forward with the ball, control games with his passing and just generally add nice touches to midfield. Now though he seems to deliver crap dead balls and hit long passes (which are rarely successful). If Sam could get him playing like he did before then he could potentially be very useful.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Given his career at Newcastle (never saw him play for Inter), Emre has shown very little evidecne to suggest he is creative playmaker. FFS have you seen his dead ball delivery?!

Exactly. His end product is pretty shit, he's a nothing player. Contributes fuck all most of the time. Somehow this turns into OMG HES SOOOO CREATIVER

Guest s0ftcore

Emre is the only player we have, other than Solano, who can do something with a football though. Can't be helped when he hardly less options.

But agreed, he needs to work on the set-pieces. Milner takes a fair share of them now and he's pretty decent.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Emre is the only player we have, other than Solano, who can do something with a football though.

Emre doesn't consistently use the ball well. Solano does.

Guest SwissMagpie

Kim Kallstrom is the answer to what we need.since cash is not our problem now we must take him from Lyon.

Great Central attacking midfielder who has great vision and good finishing.

i rate him at around8-10 million quids

now Man U have hargreaves we need to go all out for Carrick

play the geordie nation card

Eh?

You make it sound like Hargreaves is replacing Carrick ffs

Emre is world class on his day. If anyone, he should be a definite starter, and the team built around him tbh.

An Appiah type midfielder alongside him, to the dirty work, a Tuncay in front of him, with Owen / Martins / Viduka to choose from up front. Milner / Duff on the wings.

Quality.

Emre is world class on his day. If anyone, he should be a definite starter, and the team built around him tbh.

An Appiah type midfielder alongside him, to the dirty work, a Tuncay in front of him, with Owen / Martins / Viduka to choose from up front. Milner / Duff on the wings.

Quality.

Something in my pants just tingeled, and it wasnt my phone on silent :coolsmiley:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Quality.

Something in my pants just tingeled, and it wasnt my phone on silent :coolsmiley:

I'm no school administrator, but there's an extension programme going on in my trousers.

Guest BooBoo

Quality.

Wind up shirley??

Lucho Gonzalez people, Lucho Gonzalez.

He's all we look for in a midfielder. Impossible to get though.

no hes not, with anderson leaving and quaresma rumoured to be going anytime soon, perhaps he will want to go. afterall quaresma is his best mate and hes leaving and anderson is the clubs diamond, i wouldn't be surprised if lucho followed them.

great player. Not a typical CAM but more of a box to box player who is creative, but doesnt stay high on the pitch and lurk behind the strikers

great player. Not a typical CAM but more of a box to box player who is creative, but doesnt stay high on the pitch and lurk behind the strikers

:thup:

Good appraisal. Pretty much sums him up. Very good passer, and packs a good shot. Makes late runs into box and scores a fair few. Would love to see him in a toon shirt.