We badly need a playmaker/creative player

Guest Knightrider

Guest khyberpass

Think Emre has class untapped, big Sam should be given the time to get Emre back playing the football he can play...If not, Nakamura is a great shout.

On a side note, we should buy Nikola Zigic NOW. Almost got Racing into Europe from bottom when he joined at Xmas...12 goals, 8 assists and 5 fouls resulting in penalties for another to score from just  27 games...!!!!

Oh yes - he's 6ft 8"/10" (depends who you believe) and is 26 yrs old...Allegedly available for £10/12M.....

wont cost that much...£7m-ish i reckon

If Valencia have already had E12M turned down by Racing (approx £8.15M) , £7M looks too low...bloody marvelous if we could get him for that!

Having facial surgery at mo, but nothing wrong otherwise...

Zigic was so fuking s*** in Germany it was unreal, i had high hope for him as well.

12 goals is fuk all for a season tally as well, a massive gamble, might as well go for crouch as Zigic doesn't seem to be anything special in the air either.

It was 12 goals in HALF a season....he only went there at Xmas...and in 27 games, 12 goals, 8 assists and 5 penalty creations is a darn sight better than anything we are likely to have?

NB. Top scorer in La Liga for whole season is Van Nistelrooy with 23 goals...and he wasn't half bad over here!

Absolutely agree with him being a bag of s***e in Germany....but other players (eg Lampard) can be below par?

Tbh, I wasn't even considering Emre as part of our 1st 11 next season. Just the thread is about playmakers/creative types, and there aren't nmany in the EPL. Emre is one of the few around and comparisons with Solano are pointless. Solano isn't physically equipped to play CM, whereas Emre is a tough little bugger.

Guest s0ftcore

If Emre is world class what is Kaka? Universe class!?

Better than world class :lol:

Emre was considered a world class midfielder (ie a guaranteed pick for his country  - a country who had gone almost all the way in the world cup?)when we looked at him.

Fella has not delivered for Toon, but has suffered injuries/ being pissed around, etc...

I'd lovely to see a fully fit, fully committed Emre...however, truth might be that he is better suited to the Italy or Spain pace of game?

Doesn't mean he isn't world class though...

Same may apply to Luque about the wrong league (although I wouldn't define him as World Class)

Fair enough, I think I should have said that. He was considered world-class because I'd seen him play for Inter and Turkey and he was an impressive player. Seemed to stand out from the rest.

The reason why I think he doesn't stand out in our games is because the defence just by-passes the midfield. Hoofs the ball up and hope Martins or Sibs, on in the case of the previous season, Shearer or Shola get it.

I think if you want to have a playmaker, you gotta have to build your team around him. Roeder built his team around Parker. Why? No fuckin clue. If you wanted to build your team around an industrious and tenacious midfield, I feel it would have been more logical to build it around 2 players - ie: Juve when they had Viera/Emerson

Would I like to see the team built around Emre? Definitely. He's proven he can do it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He was never considered world class by people who have a sensible definition of the term

Emre could do the job for us as long as he is played as the attacking midfielder. Roeder's bumming of Parker meant that Emre was always playing behind Parker which severely reduces his impact. Not saying that Emre is close to Kaka, but try playing Kaka in the DM role (which was affectively the role Emre was playing in under Roeder) and see how useless even Kaka will be.

If Emre is world class what is Kaka? Universe class!?

Better than world class :lol:

Emre was considered a world class midfielder (ie a guaranteed pick for his country  - a country who had gone almost all the way in the world cup?)when we looked at him.

Fella has not delivered for Toon, but has suffered injuries/ being pissed around, etc...

I'd lovely to see a fully fit, fully committed Emre...however, truth might be that he is better suited to the Italy or Spain pace of game?

Doesn't mean he isn't world class though...

Same may apply to Luque about the wrong league (although I wouldn't define him as World Class)

Fair enough, I think I should have said that. He was considered world-class because I'd seen him play for Inter and Turkey and he was an impressive player. Seemed to stand out from the rest.

Strange, I am anything but a big fan of Emre and recently spoke to fierce Italian Inter fan who goes to loads of games. He said that Emre still lives a lot of the hype around him from the 2002 world cup. He had a couple of very good games at Inter, but mostly was in and out of the team, sometimes due to injury, sometimes due to indifferent form. Basically he agreed with a lot of concerns I have about Emre.

I did not really pay any particular interest in Italian football then, but found it strange as loads of people on here as well as Turks I know do as if Emre was a lynchpin at Inter during his time.

The reality seems to be a bit different. I had a look later at his league stats.

2002/03: 25 of 34 games, in three of the games brought on as a sub, 3 goals

2003/04: 21 of 34 games, in six of the games brought on as a sub, 0 goals

2004/05: 19 of 38 games, in seven of the games brought on as a sub, 0 goals

Yes, but he is certainly proven world class and it's only Newcastle who are dragging him down...

Guest khyberpass

Though Emre was great in about his first 10 games here, after that I have failed to see what he provides, apart from going down injured holding his leg, at least twice a game.

very true..despite my defence of the fella!

Emre is crap away from SJP aswell, If Munich are offering 8m euros i would take it. His dead ball deliveries are f****** terrible.

Munich?!?! He is more likely to end up  @ Munchies (Haymarket,Newcastle)

Guest khyberpass

Emre is crap away from SJP aswell, If Munich are offering 8m euros i would take it. His dead ball deliveries are f****** terrible.

Munich?!?! He is more likely to end up  @ Munchies (Haymarket,Newcastle)

Have Munchies offered £5.5M???? :frantic: :uglystupid2:  ...and free food sponsorship?

Seriously, no poit is selling Emre (whatever the price) when we don't have ANY creative midfielders...we need ANOTHER one; not sell the only 1 we have....

Munich?!?! He is more likely to end up  @ Munchies (Haymarket,Newcastle)

Have Munchies offered £5.5M???? :frantic: :uglystupid2:  ...and free food sponsorship?

Seriously, no poit is selling Emre (whatever the price) when we don't have ANY creative midfielders...we need ANOTHER one; not sell the only 1 we have....

Emre aint that creative thou, Its a myth that he's very creative

Munich?!?! He is more likely to end up  @ Munchies (Haymarket,Newcastle)

As much as i like Emre the fact is that he isnt a creative midfielder...that would require him to actually create things for players. You seemed to want to build a team around him, well that's hard when he gets injured so often and goes missing away from home. His dead ball deliveries are terrible as well.

Emre like Parker,Dyer & other so called creative/attacking midfielder at Newcastle pick the ball up to deep to create or attack. They pick the ball off the toes of centre halves or get Shay to pass it them & they are lucky if there pass or run gets 5 yards into the opposition half.

Emre like Parker,Dyer & other so called creative/attacking midfielder at Newcastle pick the ball up to deep to create or attack. They pick the ball off the toes of centre halves or get Shay to pass it them & they are lucky if there pass or run gets 5 yards into the opposition half.

the difference between Emre and Dyer/Parker is that that Emre can actually pass/create

Guest khyberpass

the difference between Emre and Dyer/Parker is that that Emre can actually pass/create

Dyer can pass ....wind :blush:(well he's full of ...) :laugh:....but Parker and Emre are good players.

Curse of the Toon has hit em...

He may create for  Turkey but at SJP he plays too deep & is ineffective, maybe he doesn't like passing to Martins,Dyer,Shola,Nzogbia. I am sure a strike force of Viduka & Owen will find him more creative.

Emre was woefully inconsistent with passing this season. Im shocked you say that.

Emre 24 games 3 goals, no assists

Dyer 22 games 7 goals, 2 assists.

Personally Id like to think and sense tells me Emre is the better player, but dyer has contributed more to the team, although that doesnt tell you the tackle Emre has put in and balls he has won. Your putting dyer hatred in overdrive IMO though.

As for parker.. meh hehe

Guest khyberpass

Emre was woefully inconsistent with passing this season. Im shocked you say that.

Personally Id like to think and sense tells me Emre is the better player, but dyer has contributed more to the team, although that doesnt tell you the tackle Emre has put in and balls he has won. Your putting dyer hatred in overdrive IMO though.

As for parker.. meh hehe

Just backs up belief that Emre has loads of potential to come...and Dyer was played as a front man for many of the games...does help...

I don't hate Dyer; but I think he has woefully under used his god given talents; and has failed to develop over the years, being more intent on bling than brain power. Dyer could have been a hero...his pace, engine and ability to run at people should have been burnt into our hearts..instead his exploits, his hummer, and year on year invisibility have been left to break our hearts..

Guest Ridzuan
Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton, admired by Newcastle, Everton and Middlesbrough, admits he may be open to offers from other clubs.

The controversial 24-year-old missed the closing weeks of the season after being suspended by City following a training ground incident involving team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Barton claims he has too much respect for City fans to talk about joining specific clubs but has to think about his future if the club decide to sell.

He told Sky Sports News: "If the club decided that they don't want to keep me and they want to accept an offer then so be it, I've got to look after Joey Barton and my family as well.

"I'll listen to what people have got to say and if they've got a great desire for me to play for their football club then that's all the attention that you need."

Barton thanked the City fans for their support but reiterated his belief - recently aired in a thinly-veiled attack on former manager Stuart Pearce's transfer policy - that the club have under-achieved.

"Through my trials and tribulations the fans have backed me, not all of them but a lot of them have backed me," Barton said.

"They obviously all know who they are and for me to come on and talk about going elsewhere is degrading to them.

"We have achieved nothing at Man City and I think of the fanbase there and the support structure within the club - the club should be achieving.

"I spoke out publicly about it and everyone knows my opinion on it - I don't need to go there again.

"But I want to win trophies and I think as a footballer you are not judged on the amount of money you've got in the bank or the amount of houses you've got, or the amount of flash watches or cars you've got, you're judged on your trophies and your accolades at the end of your playing career."

Barton has a reputation for ill-discipline after being involved in a number of high-profile incidents in recent years.

He accepts he has an image problem but is keen to alter people's perceptions of him.

He said: "It is disappointing that people have a certain opinion of me but I meet countless people who, in all aspects of my life, will testify 'you're not the person you're made out to be'.

"At certain times I don't do myself any favours with incidents but to make out I'm some kind of yob, some kind of psychopath for want of a better word, is so far from the truth it's unreal."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2162722,00.html

As for parker.. meh hehe

Just backs up belief that Emre has loads of potential to come...and Dyer was played as a front man for many of the games...does help...

I don't hate Dyer; but I think he has woefully under used his god given talents; and has failed to develop over the years, being more intent on bling than brain power. Dyer could have been a hero...his pace, engine and ability to run at people should have been burnt into our hearts..instead his exploits, his hummer, and year on year invisibility have been left to break our hearts..

Understand your statement about dyer. Dont understand your point. Dyer not using being the best he could be is bad, but emre not being the best he could be means he has potential?

Seems a bit kettle, pot, noir beckoning to me