Anelka to ManU.

Parky

Guest teepee

let them have him i say - and i'm not hanging my head anywhere parky, i'd rather keep what we have and snap up viduka on a free - thus have 8m to spend on a top defender

He'd do well there. He wouldn't do much here and would be off within two seasons.

Not going to argue about the "off in two seasons" comment, although I disagree with it, but why wouldnt he do much here? I know youve always had a dislike for him, but come off it man, hes proven without a doubt that hes a good forward with a class all round game. Hes shown he can play very well in different teams at different standards with different styles of play in the Premiership - slick passing of Arsenal, defensive Liverpool (briefly), lower mid table strugglers Man City, and now "long ball" Bolton. Hed be a quality signing for us and someone who would most likely be more than happy to work with Allardyce again.

Pure speculation still though. Much like Barton's arrival here.

Hope so. :)

Allardyce-Anelka-Ashley.

All 3 must be in place.

http://www.gameweb.gr/lordoftherings/photos/images/gandalf.jpg

Parky: "How can this not be so, did the planets not foretell it?"   :D

This is a very dangerous time, the sands have shifted...I did not see red nose strike from the shadows...Ashley himself is in grave danger. Fergy as before is the dream breaker.

http://www.patient.co.uk/images/dis100.jpg

"In yer face Parky!"

Pure speculation still though. Much like Barton's arrival here.

Hope so. :)

Allardyce-Anelka-Ashley.

All 3 must be in place.

http://www.gameweb.gr/lordoftherings/photos/images/gandalf.jpg

Parky: "How can this not be so, did the planets not foretell it?"   :D

This is a very dangerous time, the sands have shifted...I did not see red nose strike from the shadows...Ashley himself is in grave danger. Fergy as before is the dream breaker.

http://www.cupwnewvision.org/latex-red-nose.jpg

"In yer face Parky!"

Fergy knows we are the new threat. This is a signal to Allardyce (who has been talking to Anelka).

He'd do well there. He wouldn't do much here and would be off within two seasons.

Not going to argue about the "off in two seasons" comment, although I disagree with it, but why wouldnt he do much here? I know youve always had a dislike for him, but come off it man, hes proven without a doubt that hes a good forward with a class all round game. Hes shown he can play very well in different teams at different standards with different styles of play in the Premiership - slick passing of Arsenal, defensive Liverpool (briefly), lower mid table strugglers Man City, and now "long ball" Bolton. Hed be a quality signing for us and someone who would most likely be more than happy to work with Allardyce again.

Not doubting his quality. He's an excellent player.

But he's never been a serial goalscorer, and he would be off within two seasons (at the very most), and that - for me - would equate to 'not much'.

And why you disagree with it, i just don't know. He's never stayed anywhere very long. He was at Arsenal for like two seasons. Then Madrid bought him for something daft like £22m. He played about 30 games for them, then was off again. Went back to PSG for a season, went to Liverpool for a season. Was at Fenerbahce for a couple of seasons (he claimed to be 'bored'), and now is allegedly unhappy at Bolton after a season.

The only team he's been at for a prolonged period of time is City, and that was only for two and a half seasons.

Like i've said previously - he's a quality player (not much of a goalscorer), there's no doubt about that. But we'd have to pay a huge fee for him, pay him huge wages, put up with his attitude, then watch him walk out the door in a huff when we're not winning the league.

Not for me, ta.

And why you disagree with it, i just don't know. He's never stayed anywhere very long. He was at Arsenal for like two seasons. Then Madrid bought him for something daft like £22m. He played about 30 games for them, then was off again. Went back to PSG for a season, went to Liverpool for a season. Was at Fenerbahce for a couple of seasons (he claimed to be 'bored'), and now is allegedly unhappy at Bolton after a season.

The only team he's been at for a prolonged period of time is City, and that was only for two and a half seasons.

Like i've said previously - he's a quality player (not much of a goalscorer), there's no doubt about that. But we'd have to pay a huge fee for him, pay him huge wages, put up with his attitude, then watch him walk out the door in a huff when we're not winning the league.

I simply disagree with the conclusion youve come to.

The only time hes actually forced a move was that infamous move from Arsenal to Madrid. He was sold by Madrid as his form was poor and he hadnt adjusted, he was merely docked at PSG whilst he tried to get his way back into a Premiership club, went on loan to Liverpool who he was absolutely desperate to sign for, then signed for City, where he stayed for 3 seasons. At the time he was to be sold by City for financial reasons, we get linked to him, and clearly he wants to come to us. Eventually ends up at Fenerbahce to play CL football and keep himself "in the window", stays there for a while until there is interest in him from Premiership teams (this time a statement from Souness that Anelka is desperate to sign for us), then ends up at Bolton, who regardless of position in the league table, arent big enough for him (would Owen want to sign for Bolton? He kicked up enough of a fuss signing for us, so I think not).

Again, what in there suggests he would engineer a move away from us? We're a bigger club than the likes of City and Bolton, well in terms of resources, players at our disposal, recent success, etc, and we're not based in an inferior domestic league ala the Turkish First Division - ultimately, there was a reason why he was desperate to sign for us, and I think youre overlooking this because you dislike him. We're the type of club hes been desperate to sign for since his Liverpool loan, and I think wed get good service for him.

But even if we didnt, if he does as you say, I still dont see the problem. Having a top player for two seasons is alot better than not having one in that period of time. Hes not a problem in the dressing room according to the likes of Keegan, hes a good trainer and a top player on the pitch, hes just had a very good season under Allardyce, our current manager, and hell no doubt leave Bolton with alot of fans happy with his service. The reason for your conclusion that hed be a negative addition, whether short or long term? I simply dont see what is there to suggest that hes such a bad influence that hed not be worth having in the short term, especially when his recent spells at City, Fenerbahce and Bolton suggest hes nothing like that.

If, and it is a big if, Anelka goes to Man Utd then I would make a bid for Smith. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Owen for England.

That infact is a very good idea.

If, and it is a big if, Anelka goes to Man Utd then I would make a bid for Smith. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Owen for England.

Might me made to eat my words tonight, but surely Smith is one of the most overrated forwards in the Premiership at present in terms of the fact that hes rated "highly" by so many despite frequently doing nothing in games? No pace, no skill, no height, no strength, limited technical ability, just a hard worker who makes over the top challenges to compensate for his lack of ability, and has half decent finishing when he does get a chance. Hes like an over-glorified Kevin Gallagher, and probably isnt quite as "good" as Gallagher was.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470002&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Anelka+seeking+Trotters+talks

Despite maintaining he wants to remain at The Reebok Stadium, Nicolas Anelka will hold talks with Bolton Wanderers after conceding that Manchester United would be hard to turn down.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City striker is reportedly a potential target for Sir Alex Ferguson as the Scot looks to continue the summer recruitment drive that has already seen United spend in the region of £50million.

Anelka could be a like-for-like replacement for his injury-prone compatriot Louis Saha, but Trotters boss Sammy Lee has moved to underline that the club are not looking to sell the player who cost them £8million from Fenerbahce last summer.

Whilst insisting he is not seeking a move from Bolton after scoring 11 goals upon his return to the Premiership, Anelka admits his future is currently 'up in the air' with United hovering.

"First of all, I have to find out if Bolton want to sell me or not," said Anelka at the France team's headquarters in Clairefontaine.

"I don't want to leave. I have to sit down and talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned for me.

"For the moment, it's all up in the air. But I'm sure we will be talking more soon."

When questioned directly about whether a move to Old Trafford would appeal, Anelka replied: "You (the media) know where I want to go, so.... You can't say no to Manchester.

"It's always the same four big clubs who are dominating English football. With Bolton, either we stun them all or we finish fifth or sixth.

"So yes, I want to play with one of these big four clubs, but I also want to try and help Bolton become one of the big Premiership clubs."

The talented striker - who scored in France's Euro 2008 qualifying win against Ukraine on Saturday - has also played for Liverpool, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid in a career that has seen him frequently change employers.

Guest smoggeordie

Beebs version

France star Nicolas Anelka wants Bolton to clarify his future after admitting a move to one of the Premiership's 'big four' clubs would be tempting.

"First of all I have to find out if Bolton want to sell me or not," said former Arsenal and Liverpool striker Anelka, 28. "I don't want to leave.

"Yes I want to play for one of the big four but also want to help Bolton become a big Premiership club.

"I have to sit down to talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned."

In March, Anelka insisted he was happy to stay at the Reebok Stadium.

However, since then there have been changes at Bolton, with Sam Allardyce resigning as manager in April and being replaced by Sammy Lee.

Allardyce then became Newcastle boss the following month.

Anelka, who scored a superb goal in France's 2-0 Euro 2008 qualifying win over Ukraine on Saturday, joined Bolton from Turkish club Fenerbahce in August 2006.

The so-called Premiership big four are Manchester United and Chelsea, plus Anelka's old clubs Liverpool and Arsenal.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I hardly think a club wanting to sell Anelka has ever come into the fact he moves or not

Man Utd. are a canny bet for the Champions League next season imo. Even more so if this happens.

Can't see it happening personally, their away record is absolutely appalling and Ferguson's tactics just aren't the best IMO. When Man Utd are at their best is 4-4-2 with width trying to blitzkrieg the opposition, but when Fergie trys to go all clever and play a European way they always come up short.

Guest Bolton_fan

8 million pound? And the rest.

Sammy Lee has stated it will take no less than 15 million pound to get Anelka if we were to sell - if Anelka does decide to leave.

As someone's just posted then, Anelka wants to stay at Bolton. Sammy will not sell Anelka.

8 million pound? And the rest.

Sammy Lee has stated it will take no less than 15 million pound to get Anelka if we were to sell - if Anelka does decide to leave.

As someone's just posted then, Anelka wants to stay at Bolton. Sammy will not sell Anelka.

Yes but why would he want to stay? :tongue:

Guest Invicta_Toon

It doesn't matter what Anelka wants, it only matters whether his brothers have run out of gambling money