David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

I asked on some PSG/French football forums about how good/bad Rozenhal is, as we know little about him. this is one of the replies.....bit worried he might not be up to the physical side of the EPL

Technical, smart and good to "cut the line" off the ball.

Totally crap to man to man marking , and on freekicks.

A good defender for tactical league.

Not for physical league.

Not for a physical league? Well, that sounds shit (if true)! Also, we need some quality at defending set-pieces and the idea that he's going to be reading passes (I assume that's what that means) instead of marking/tackling the recipient is worrying.

I asked on some PSG/French football forums about how good/bad Rozenhal is, as we know little about him. this is one of the replies.....bit worried he might not be up to the physical side of the EPL

So were there any overly positive replies?

So were there any overly positive replies?

yep

Rozenhal is a very talented and regular defender, he gets back the ball cleanly and made very few faults, he boosts very well. It is a successful player throughout the season.

Guest David Kelly

I would be much more excited to hear that we were going to sign either Campbell or Hyypia tbh.

All the indications are that this guy is nothing more than average.  Mind you average would be a step up from most of the defenders we've had the last ten years or so.

I would be much more excited to hear that we were going to sign either Campbell or Hyypia tbh.

All the indications are that this guy is nothing more than average.  Mind you average would be a step up from most of the defenders we've had the last ten years or so.

I doubt we will stop looking at centre backs as soon as this one is signed.

Probably not but it's not the most exciting start.

I am happy enough, Sam obviously rates him and Seville & Dortmund are hardly European minnows.

I suspect if either of those clubs really wanted him, they would've got him by now.

Guest optimistic nit

well if we partner him with a strong cb, it will be good. i think an intelligent CB is exactly what we need

I am happy enough, Sam obviously rates him and Seville & Dortmund are hardly European minnows.

I suspect if either of those clubs really wanted him, they would've got him by now.

I've had a thought SA is wanting this guy in 1st before going for his main, bigger and expensive CB target. (wishful thinking?)

Makes sense to get the guy who could possibly be playing backup in 1st, then also the next selling club know we have a player in and cant hold us to ransom.

Aye, it's not like anybody would be attracted by playing in the Premiership over the Bundesliga, or at a team notorious for paying top wages instead of someone like Sevilla.

Guest Toon83

Just been on SSN just missed it as they were finishing talking about it, did anyone happen to see what they said?

Aye, it's not like anybody would be attracted by playing in the Premiership over the Bundesliga, or at a team notorious for paying top wages instead of someone like Sevilla.

Mebbes not Dortmund, but I thought he'd already claimed he'd like to have tried his hand in Spain?

Just said he's at SJP now,  and they showed Allardyce going in.  Probably old footage though.

Said something about hoping to tie it up in 24 hours - yeah right!

Not sure, its not the footage they've shown over and over again (which has some chavs standing at the door) It also looked pretty crap weather, which it is.