David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Have to say from the pictures of him the one reservation I had was he looks a bit skinny for a centre half. The likes of Emile Heskey or Didier Drogba would have no problems pushing him around if he's as weak as he looks.

I expect Sam will bring in a big centre half as well though, seeing as he's already gone for Ben Haim and is linked with Hyypia. We could do with Rozenhal if he's quick and intelligent and then get a big stopper in, preferably someone of real calibre.

Jorge Andrade has said it's time for him to leave Deportivo. He might be tricky to lure here but he'd be worth a big money bid in my view.

Havent seen anything of Andrade this season, but if he is as good as he was the two years previous he would be a fantastic buy, similar to Van Buyten in always surging forward from the back and nicking the ball into the net.

Id be delighted if we were to go for him.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I love the way people draw conclusions about a player without ever having seen them play.

Rozehnal will be playing in a 3-5-2 alongside two other centre backs so he will be fine. His mobility will be key as he will be one of the two centre backs playing on the outside and so his mobility will be vital as on counter attacks he might sometimes have to pick up the left-back/right-back. We will have a beast to play in the middle of the back three who will be more physical.

Andrade would be a class class buy also

We should move for him and Fabricio Coloccini in a joint bid, throwing Luque back the other way.

Both players are quality, would be our CB shopping done for the season (along with rozy)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We should move for him and Fabricio Coloccini in a joint bid, throwing Luque back the other way.

Both players are quality, would be our CB shopping done for the season (along with rozy)

No chance Depor would sell both though surely?

Rozehnal will be playing in a 3-5-2 alongside two other centre backs so he will be fine. His mobility will be key as he will be one of the two centre backs playing on the outside and so his mobility will be vital as on counter attacks he might sometimes have to pick up the left-back/right-back. We will have a beast to play in the middle of the back three who will be more physical.

I seriously doubt we'll play that formation.

They will sell, they need the money, they already sold Arizmendi to Valencia and Capdevilla has also left.

They will sell, they need the money, they already sold Arizmendi to Valencia and Capdevilla has also left.

Just about to say the same, they are really strapped for cash.

Also the fees reported for the pair in the last 12 months are very low compared to their level of ability, makes me wonder why neither have been snapped up. (Although their president is a right fuker isn't he?)

Well the player has come out and said he thinks it's the right time to leave, for player and club.

They're claiming Real and Barca and some unnamed foreign clubs are interested. I expect they will have other targets (Real want Chivu apparently) and this is just agent talk. Depor I imagine would prefer to sell to a foreign club.

Like I say it'd be tough but not impossible. If we're going to sign a 'big name' this summer I'd like it to be a defender for a change. Allardyce is far more international with his transfer policy than Roeder ever was so I expect he'll have his eye on developments in the Spanish and Italian leagues.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

cool, it'd be fucking brilliant to get them, some more south american blood in the team with Colocini as well, we'll never bid for them though :(

Guest Alan Shearer 9
:lol: their president yeah apparantly he only does deals at 3 in the morning or something and you have to talk backwards to him, crazy fucker

Guest optimistic nit

collcini has way too much hair to be effective enough in the air. he's like an argentinian gary speed.

Deportivo are really skint and need to make a big name sale. There's a spanish article about their finances at the moment, basically saying they need to make about 19 million euros to balance the books and Andrade is their only player capable of making decent cash.

Any reasonable offer would be listened to, they really need the money and the player wants out. The problem would be luring the player, but the club would definitely sell.

Real and Barca are always linked to these types of players though I think Andrade would be a backup option for them. Both are interested in Chivu, and Barca ideally want a left footed player such as Heinze who can cover left back. They're also linked with Abidal of Lyon. I wouldn't be surprised for Real to get Chivu and Barca to get Heinze, or something like that.

Guest Toon83

nothing about rozehnalls arrival on official website....

They only seem to be putting stuff up on the official site when the contracts are signed and the deals are complete these days, which is how it should be

Guest optimistic nit

Because Gary Speed was ineffective in the air as well. ;)

he needed to cut the hair off first though. he saw sense.

TEAM NEXT SEASON (HOPEFULLY):

GIVEN

(micah) RICHARDS TAYLOR CAMPBELL BAINES/DRENGTHE,  -  Richards will make a huge difference and Campbell's solid too.

MILNER      BARTON    BUTT    MARTINS                        -  V. hard working midfield with Martins running forward from deep.

OWEN  VIDUKA                                          -  The best combination? Hopefully!

subs Harper, Rozehnal , Emre,  Dyer/Zoggy/Duff/Luque?, Ameobi/Carroll

Micah Richards is THE player i'd most like us to buy (fantastic imo and just what we need, he could be an absolutely massive player for us), although we need a good LB desperatly so maybe we should go all out for Baines/Drengthe/Shorey. 

GIVEN

(micah) RICHARDS TAYLOR CAMPBELL BAINES/DRENGTHE,  -  Richards will make a huge difference and Campbell's solid too.

MILNER      BARTON    BUTT    MARTINS                        -  V. hard working midfield with Martins running forward from deep.

OWEN  VIDUKA                                          -  The best combination? Hopefully!

Micah Richards is THE player i'd most like us to buy (fantastic imo and just what we need, he could be an absolutely massive player for us), although we need a good LB desperatly so maybe we should go all out for Baines/Drengthe/Shorey. 

Martins on the left wing?

GIVEN

Can you ever post anything without a massive capitalised team line-up?