England v Brazil

Guest BooBoo

Two remote potential positives from this game, from an NUFC point of view:

1) Shorey looks a decent little player at international level. Comfortable on the ball all game, never looked out of his depth for a second. Hes blatantly a good player at Premiership level.

2) Hopefully any slight interest in Smith is killed off - interest from anyone connected to our club, or from any of our fans. Shiite, overrated player, the sort of workhorse player who will ensure England will forever get mullered by technical teams and his presence in the team in the Premiership would just result in his team playing as though they have 10 men. He has absolutely no technical ability in his game. This isnt just based on tonight - this was just the confirmation that hes s*** at a higher level, on top of being a mediocre player at Premiership level.

My only concern over Shorey would be that he look one of thos players that only use their other foot to stand on. I have a problem with professional footballers who literally will not pass the ball with their wrong foot. Coupld of times he got himself into a muddle because he wouldnt use this right foot.

Alan Shearer is an absolutely atrocious pundit. I mean, Ian Wright atrocious. WTF is he talking about? Main positive was the Midfield balance? excellent allegedly...despite Gerrard not being able to get forward, and Lampard being s**** today (his words, paraphrasing). So the midfield was excellent - because the good one had to babysit for the s**** one, who did f*** all.  :idiot2:

PS: Barry should be in central midfield with Gerrard, and David Bentley should be on the right. I bet they could string more than 3 passes together. Bump Barry left if someones taped Hargreaves leg back together yet :thup:

Barry, Barton, Carrick, Lennon, SWP, Bentley - they need to be given more games.

Gerrard Lampard as a partnership is dead anyway. Hargreaves is the best central midfielder England have at international level, so there should be no chance of a Gerrard Lampard partnership leading into Euro 2008.

1) Shorey looks a decent little player at international level. Comfortable on the ball all game, never looked out of his depth for a second. Hes blatantly a good player at Premiership level.

2) Hopefully any slight interest in Smith is killed off - interest from anyone connected to our club, or from any of our fans. Shiite, overrated player, the sort of workhorse player who will ensure England will forever get mullered by technical teams and his presence in the team in the Premiership would just result in his team playing as though they have 10 men. He has absolutely no technical ability in his game. This isnt just based on tonight - this was just the confirmation that hes s*** at a higher level, on top of being a mediocre player at Premiership level.

My only concern over Shorey would be that he look one of thos players that only use their other foot to stand on. I have a problem with professional footballers who literally will not pass the ball with their wrong foot. Coupld of times he got himself into a muddle because he wouldnt use this right foot.

Hes a left back though. Completely acceptable to be one-footed in that position for me, especially since his left foot is clearly an extremely good one. His passing the entire game was as good as it is in the Premiership, a whole range of passing in his armoury with good accuracy.

Again, its clear that he has the ability to step up a level, as this was a relatively big game for him being his debut against Brazil in the new home stadium. Kneejerk, but I hope we sign him as hed be a good addition.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We should sign Naldo imo

Wish you would have brought this up before.

Yes, unfortunately I have kept my lips sealed on this matter, why? Call it nerves, call it what you will but I have broken my silence, I think we should sign Naldo

Shorey did as well as he could, for a player with limitations. Although his and Carraghers unwillingness to get forward was part of the reason why England didn't great much.

I think that Gerrard has proved time and again that he deserves to start in the middle of the park. The England manager should pick the other 3 midfielders to complement him and the way he plays. This means benching Lampard and playing Hargreaves (possibly Carrick?) to do the nasty stuff which lets Gerrard get forward. If only we had a manager who actually had a spine... :rolleyes:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He plays as a central defender, signing in the summer of 2005, to replace Valérien Ismaël who left for FC Bayern Munich. However, he is capable of playing right across the back line.

He played in all but two of Bremen's Bundesliga games in 2005/06 and in seven of their eight UEFA Champions League fixtures. He stands at 1.98 m tall and this height, combined with his jumping and heading ability, make him a big threat in aerial contests.

He scored a rare hat-trick against Frankfurt, in Bremen's 6-2 victory on December 9th.

Thomas Schaaf: "He is probably the most talented defender in Brazil."

NALDOOOOOOO 24 years old. Perfect addition

Joe Cole was also annoying as hell out there. The lad needs to cut out the diving, and dying swan act... he seemed to stop for a year or so, they have been back with a vengeance. Annoying.

I think that Gerrard has proved time and again that he deserves to start in the middle of the park. The England manager should pick the other 3 midfielders to complement him and the way he plays. This means benching Lampard and playing Hargreaves (possibly Carrick?) to do the nasty stuff which lets Gerrard get forward. If only we had a manager who actually had a spine... :rolleyes:

I was about to ask what the fuck you were talking about until I read it again and realised you didn't say "Gerrard has proved time and time again he doesn't deserve to start in the middle" :lol:

Lampard needs to be dropped he is just shocking, as Toon Taylor said even Dyer looks a lot more of a threat in his brief appearances!

Hes a left back though. Completely acceptable to be one-footed in that position for me, especially since his left foot is clearly an extremely good one. His passing the entire game was as good as it is in the Premiership, a whole range of passing in his armoury with good accuracy.

Again, its clear that he has the ability to step up a level, as this was a relatively big game for him being his debut against Brazil in the new home stadium. Kneejerk, but I hope we sign him as hed be a good addition.

I wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him. He is galaxies away from what we have been watching over the last few seasons.

It just frustrated me when I see players in a position to make a pass but they are too scared because they have a total lack of confidence in using their less natural foot. They always end up spinning around and invariably put them selves in a tight spot. If he could develop that a bit, he has a chance of becoming a consistent england player.

Guest duffyg

Shorey played well,apart from not coming round to defend brazils equalising goal.Switched off.

We should buy him.

I was about to ask what the f*** you were talking about until I read it again and realised you didn't say "Gerrard has proved time and time again he doesn't deserve to start in the middle" :lol:

Lampard needs to be dropped he is just shocking, as Toon Taylor said even Dyer looks a lot more of a threat in his brief appearances!

The terrifying thing is that we all know that McLaren just simply wont do it. Lampard is always going to get picked. Few years of crap football ahead yet I am afraid.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Shorey but I reckon Reading would want a pretty penny for the lad!

Aye, but what do we care? We'll be using £50 notes as toilet paper in the locker rooms once Ashley completes his takeover.

It looks like Lampard may be off to Real Madrid. Should be easier for McClaren to ignore him and drop him from the squad after he leaves England....well, let's hope so, any way.

I was about to ask what the f*** you were talking about until I read it again and realised you didn't say "Gerrard has proved time and time again he doesn't deserve to start in the middle" :lol:

The terrifying thing is that we all know that McLaren just simply wont do it. Lampard is always going to get picked. Few years of crap football ahead yet I am afraid.

From what Motson was saying the ginger one has already made his excuses for using he two in the centre together, great!

Bottom line is he has a decision to make for Wednesday.

Drop Lampard and I think we should comfortably win. Play him and although I think we will still win, it will be a bit of a huge struggle.

he needs a good performance as well as a win. Does he have the balls to make the decision.

Bottom line is he has a decision to make for Wednesday.

Drop Lampard and I think we should comfortably win. Play him and although I think we will still win, it will be a bit of a huge struggle.

he needs a good performance as well as a win. Does he have the balls to make the decision.

No. He'll pick him and we'll make hard work of it.  :rolleyes:

Just in case anyone has forgotten, it's not like England played well the last time Lampard was 'dropped'.

Here's a reminder.. Read from page 9 onwards..

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=37700.200

Lampard gets too much of the blame for the whole team being ineffective and shit. Joe Cole did fuck all today, and there wasn't any support from the fullbacks either. Lampard and Gerrard don't mix, true, but it's unfair to actually blame only Lampard and conveniently forget that England were pathetic in the last game in which he didn't play and everyone seemingly got their wish.