Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking along time doesnt look like being completed today.

i agree, ssn kept saying last night that it would be done last night etc, i don't think it will be confirmed until tomorow.

Jeebus. I wonder where we got our fax machine from. Amstrad? :idiot2:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=united-made-me-fell-wanted%26method=full%26objectid=19254417%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

And speaking for the first time on his £5.5m move to St James' Park from Manchester City, which will go through once a couple of technicalities have been sorted out, Barton said today: "I have given my word to Newcastle United and that's where I hope I will be going.

"Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and this is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted."

Guest nufc 4 life
I have given my word to Newcastle United and that is where I hope I will be going.

“Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and that is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.”

“I am not proud of some of the things I have done and know I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself, but for the fans.

“I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me, it is all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven’t any.”

Fucking hell people, he's going to sign, I hate the hysterics that go on before a signing gets finalised. He's hardly going to miss a match by not being registered in time is he?

Well James wooshed me with the Roeder/Kuyt thing yesterday, only fair of me to return the favour. :lol:

Shit :lol:

I have given my word to Newcastle United and that is where I hope I will be going.

“Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and that is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.”

“I am not proud of some of the things I have done and know I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself, but for the fans.

“I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me, it is all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven’t any.”

:lol:

Guest redmayne

i am positive about barton

there are so few box to box midfielders and half their problem is their attitude

hopefully we are the place he grows up and becomes a really genuinely good footballer

mind you .... heart ruling head here? who knows :-)

Guest nufc 4 life

Pah, silly me. Just getting mixed up man. All these players being linked I can't keep up!

it's all good aren't you happy about Barton though?

Guest Knightrider

I was kinda hoping this deal was going to fall through... but what the heck, welcome to Toon Joey.

Guest TheOrder

I was kinda hoping this deal was going to fall through... but what the heck, welcome to Toon Joey.

Why fall through mate?

"Barton will complete move in the near future hopefully - Joey Barton"

I love how Barton talks about himself in the 3rd person :lol:

lol... wonder what his police statement will read like regarding the Dabo incident!